Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Morris

0 touch, had open guys all 2nd half and either missed throws or didn't see them. He fucking sucks. We fucking suck. This program is dead. Good night.

At least Dev Culp is good. Fuck you guys.

Comments

• backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,839
    Fuck you. You guys are dumb fucking cunts @EwaDawg @bananasnblondes i hope you both have miserable weeks. Fuck heads.
  • huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,329 Swaye's Wigwam
    I sat there in the stands thinking, fudgies revenge!
  • 1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,524 Swaye's Wigwam
    Culp being the secret weapon was the only part of the game that brought me joy. It was like watching the Make a Wish play over and over again.

The secret weapon being completely forgotten for a whole half, on the other hand, was so on brand that it nearly spoiled the joke.
    Make a wish players don’t move like that. Westover is a make a wish player tho.

You keep focusing on athleticism, but nobody's ever disputed that. If DK Metcalf had a drop rate that Culp had going into this game, he wouldn't be in the NFL. Catching the ball is Priority One when your job is, you know, catching the ball. All the athleticism in the world matters fuck all if you can't. Before last night, Culp was a sad tale of wasted athleticism. Last night, he was King Shit of Turd Mountain. His athleticism had nothing to do with him either randomly catching the ball several times in a row or serendipitously figuring out how to get over his yips just in time for his first start. You can beat your chest for being accidentally right for the wrong reason or, like me, you can laugh at the absurdity of it.
    He had like 5 targets before today. Oh no.
  • Neighbor2972Neighbor2972 Member Posts: 4,308

You keep focusing on athleticism, but nobody's ever disputed that. If DK Metcalf had a drop rate that Culp had going into this game, he wouldn't be in the NFL. Catching the ball is Priority One when your job is, you know, catching the ball. All the athleticism in the world matters fuck all if you can't. Before last night, Culp was a sad tale of wasted athleticism. Last night, he was King Shit of Turd Mountain. His athleticism had nothing to do with him either randomly catching the ball several times in a row or serendipitously figuring out how to get over his yips just in time for his first start. You can beat your chest for being accidentally right for the wrong reason or, like me, you can laugh at the absurdity of it.
    DK Metcalf has terrible drops all the time, his hands suck lol.

I'm not sure what your point is, obviously no receiver is actually going to drop 50% of his passes. Athleticism is way more important than hands
  • BroadcastingDawgBroadcastingDawg Member Posts: 1,354
    edited September 2021

I don't want to make excuses for the drops but I bet he's over that. In 3 years w. the program he was targeted what, 7 times until last night? It's got to be pretty hard to get in a groove getting so few opportunities to catch passes. For some guys, until they get the chance to be an impact player, their mentality is less about making impact plays and more trying so hard not to fuck up that *surprise* they do.

The catch that impressed me the most last night was the 30 or so yard reception toward to the left sideline. He took a massive shot by a safety he didn't see coming pretty much right after he caught the ball and hung on. Most guys that ball is dislodged the second that hit comes.

• Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,717
    That's how bad MOrris is.
  • DoogieMcDoogersonDoogieMcDoogerson Member Posts: 2,488
    NEsnake12 said:

Every time Garners was flushed out of the pocket, he was looking downfield to either throw or run.

Every time Morris got flushed he was shitting his pants and desperately trying to throw it away. He had open receivers most of the time too… he just either has no awareness or is a pussy. Or both.

THIS.
  • 1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,524 Swaye's Wigwam
    edited September 2021
    Fudgie said:

Ok Culp sucks. You guys win

Can Culp catch the ball?

Look, guysm, I was right! Never doubted him!

...I'm not sure what your point is, obviously no receiver is actually going to drop 50% of his passes. Athleticism is way more important than hands

My point is that everyone here shat on this guy for three weeks straight, right up to kickoff, then he beasted Cal. And that's funny. Anybody who says they saw it coming is full of shit. And totally disagree on athleticism being more important. It is absolutely worthless if you can't catch.
  • BeerThirtyBeerThirty Member Posts: 2,465
    I'm really really done with Morris. Kid can't make a play. Some of these young weapons he has, fuck.
  • NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    NEsnake12 said:

Every time Garners was flushed out of the pocket, he was looking downfield to either throw or run.

Every time Morris got flushed he was shitting his pants and desperately trying to throw it away. He had open receivers most of the time too… he just either has no awareness or is a pussy. Or both.

Regression… the only one who stopped it was Tedford