Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Maybe now Reffett shut up

Comments

• haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,612 Swaye's Wigwam
    edited September 2021
    Garbers fucking owned us on 3rd down. Minimally get the down, more often than not a 10-20 yard gain. It was pathetic.

Jesus Christ I'm glad he's done after this year, and we sent him out with an L.
  • 1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,573 Swaye's Wigwam
    It didn't help that Cal's average yards to gain on 3rd down was something like 2, and that's even averaging in the couple 3rd and longs. It also didn't help that UW has no idea that bootleg is a thing that exists.

I loved it when the announcer said something like, "Cal bringing in three tight ends. This isn't a look Cal has shown this season, and it's catching the Huskies unprepared."

I just laughed. "What, you think these guys are fucking idiots who couldn't watch Michigan film? Or any Stanford game from the last four years?"
  • godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,457 Founders Club

haie said:

Garbers fucking owned us on 3rd down. Minimally get the down, more often than not a 10-20 yard gain. It was pathetic.

Jesus Christ I'm glad he's done after this year, and we sent him out with an L.

Our coaches were unaware that cal has the right to call play action on running downs. Now that they have seen this I have confidence they will make the adjustments going forward.
    Any idea what week we will realize it's okay call a play that is designed to run outside the tackles?