Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

No Asa Turner

2»

Comments

• chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,950 Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

Gordon got picked on a lot. He's always close but wasn't positioning himself well against bigger receivers and a bunch of Garbers' wobbly throws were lucky enough to be where only the receiver could get to it. I also notice that Gordon starts to drift too much or something when the QB buys time. He has the ability to suffocate in coverage when he's focused. He's as good as anyone when balls are thrown at him in a reasonable amount of time.

Both of his picks were freakin sick. What a talented, explosive player he is.

I really wish we had more corners and Gordon played nickel of safety. I think he would be better there. He’s still one of our better players.
    I said the same thing in the offseason. Gordon is an explosive, ball hawk type and a pretty dam nasty tackler. He's more Buddha Baker than Sydney Jones and would have more chances to make big plays playing safety or, ideally, in the slot.

He has the skills, but for some reason he's not as consistent man covering outside as some of the better corners UW has had.