Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

a reflection on sark

13»

Comments

• RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123

I think part of the appeal to younger coaches was that Sark partied and took them to a lot of fun stuff. Recruiting trips were fun and excuses to party.

Tosh was working for Tedford. Wilcox had mostly worked for Pete and probably knew it was a sinking ship at Tennessee. Sirmon was going to go wherever Wilcox went.

I wish I could have gone to one of Sark’s Patron parties. He’s a douche canoe in the extreme but who doesn’t love free @Tequilla shooters ?
    I knew Nick Holt’s brother in law on a friendly level. I was wearing a UW coat walking out of a gas station and after commenting on coat and asking where I was from, he told me that he was Holt’s wife’s brother. I was drunk, shot the shit with him for a bit, and he was impressed with my knowledge of his brother in law and the UW program in general. He invited me to watch a game at his house. I also went to the bar with him once.

He told me the post game parties after victories were incredible. He went in being skeptical about Sark (he was a very blue collar guy), but had nothing but good things to say about him. He said anything you could want was there and Sark was very generous. This was in 2010 so I didn’t hate Sark yet. I didn’t hate Holt either because at the end of 2010, the defense was playing pretty good.
    Anything? Skinny hookers and blow?
    I think these were parties with the coaches, their friends, and families. Wives were there. I have no intel on hookers and blow being there.