Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

0-12 not happening. Now what?

A loss to Arkansas State was probably our only hope for a coaching change, if there even was hope.
Do I now just watch games and hope for the best like a doog? Maybe we somehow ruin Oregon’s season, also a doog wet dream.
1-11 probably isn’t happening either. I don’t want to go back to the days of waiting for an Apple Cup victory to get a Vegas Bowl invite.
Which outcome is best is best long term? Other than drinking bleach or setting myself on fire.

Comments

• greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,309
    edited September 2021
    Wins against Oregon, WSU, UCLA, and ASU.

Lose all the other games.

You finish 5-7, out of a bowl. But still have wins over teams you recruit against.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    HuskyJW said:

I’m praying for 10-2 and Lake gets poached

Diss
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member Posts: 11,236
    If UW beats Cal this ends up being a 6-6 or 7-5 team. Lose and they are a 3-4 win team.
  • CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,427 Swaye's Wigwam
    Cal will be telling. If they lose 17-10 then fire them all again. Otherwise if they look decent they could still sneak out a conference championship if they upset Oregon (not likely I know)
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,854
    Canadawg said:

Cal will be telling. If they lose 17-10 then fire them all again. Otherwise if they look decent they could still sneak out a conference championship if they upset Oregon (not likely I know)

I could see it. They created a lot of conflicts in pass game for Arkansas State DB's which was nice to see. Defense is great. Need to make Oregon throw the ball if we want to beat them. Our DB's will clamp.

With all that being said 7-5 should be fun.
  • GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,163
    HuskyJW said:

I’m praying for 10-2 and Lake gets poached

I'll amend it to 9-3 and a poaching. If he rattles off 10 straight and goes undefeated in-conference (fat fucking chance) then I'll believe he's the real deal.
    edited September 2021

Canadawg said:

I could see it. They created a lot of conflicts in pass game for Arkansas State DB's which was nice to see. Defense is great. Need to make Oregon throw the ball if we want to beat them. Our DB's will clamp.

Defense is not even close to great. We are still unable to actually stop a team that wants to run down our throats.
    They’ve allowed 5 touchdowns on 40 drives. It’s kinda hard to not give up points when your offense couldn't even stay on the field in the Michigan game.
  • DoogmanRefundDoogmanRefund Member Posts: 812
    ntxduck said:

Canadawg said:

One win over Arkansas state and this. Jfc
    Agreed. I honestly should have asked something like “What gets this staff fired without leaving a smoldering crater that takes several coaching turnovers to fix?”
    I do not expect anything near a conference championship.
  • AOGAOG Member Posts: 1,732
    Mediocrity has works until fans disappear
  • ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,611

Canadawg said:

Defense is not even close to great. We are still unable to actually stop a team that wants to run down our throats.
    They’ve allowed 5 touchdowns on 40 drives. It’s kinda hard to not give up points when your offense couldn't even stay on the field in the Michigan game.
    I get it. At least Oregon had basketball during the helf implosion years.

I actually think UW will somewhat pull it together this year. Win a couple games you shouldn’t off of talent, but also lose a couple you have no business losing.

But long term, if Jimmy doesn’t figure out how crucial coordinators are in the modern game and make changes this spring, he won’t last.
    edited September 2021
    ntxduck said:

Canadawg said:

I actually think UW will somewhat pull it together this year. Win a couple games you shouldn’t off of talent, but also lose a couple you have no business losing.

But long term, if Jimmy doesn’t figure out how crucial coordinators are in the modern game and make changes this spring, he won’t last.
    We suck but it’s mostly the offense’s fault. I'm not going to beat a dead horse.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    ntxduck said:

Canadawg said:

Jimmy is not the guy, if he did not realize that when he took the job he will never be the guy