Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

The script - We always lose to Cal

2»

Comments

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,156
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Jimmy has never lost to Cal
  • Options
    BeerThirtyBeerThirty Member Posts: 2,465
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Culp is going to catch 3 TDs.

We lose 22-21
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,894
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Guess Wilcocks will be available

I'm hearing that's who we want as our next HC
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    ReignMan said:

chuck said:

I haven't seen the Arky St game yet. My understanding is that Bruener and Heimuli played and played pretty well. That almost gives me some confidence going in. It's the linebackers that have not done anything at all in run defense.

The DTs are supposed to get some push, and they do, and occupy blockers, which they do. Greg MF Gaines made what, 30 or so tackles per season? He had BBK behind him racking up 150 or however fucking many he made. Our starting pair won't approach that combined.

I still think Cal wins comfortably, which may only mean one score but there will never be a doubt that they'll do enough to stay ahead.

Bruener is BBK part two, without the two moms.
    Guys who grew up with fathers that are coaches or played in the NFL are almost always good, provided they have enough athletic ability and size. Irvin is an example against that, but most are good. Bruner and the Otton’s come to mind.
  • Options
    nycgobearsnycgobears Member Posts: 153
    We suck. You suck harder. That’s all I got.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,914
    Founders Club

2019 - After dominating Eastern with Eason throwing the ball all over the field and the defense shutting down their high octane offense the doogness was at an all time high. Cal came to town the next weekend for the Pac12 opener and exposed our shitty offense and inability to stop the run.

2021 - After dominating Arkansas State with Morris throwing the ball all over the field and the defense shutting down their high octane offense the doogness started to creep back up. Cal comes to town this weekend for the Pac12 opener.

At least this year we already know our offense and run defense are trash.

IN 2019, Cal was coming off a win over UC-Davis 27-13, before beating UW in Seattle.

In 2021, Cal is coming off a 42-30 win over Sac State, before (to be determined) UW in Seattle.

In 2019, Cal started the season 4-0, lost 6 straight games, then won three straight, including the Red Box Bowl Championship with a 35-20 win over Illinois. Wilcox's Bears finished 7-6. (Sark taught him well!)

• Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,914
    Founders Club
    ReignMan said:

If we don't go full retard in the coaches box, I don't think we lose to Cal..... ..BUT if they do, Fire everyone.

On paper, we should never lose this game. But they don't play football on paper, do they Skippy?
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,440
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

We suck. You suck harder. That’s all I got.

False.
  • Options
    Fear_BonerFear_Boner Member Posts: 755
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

ReignMan said:

chuck said:

I haven't seen the Arky St game yet. My understanding is that Bruener and Heimuli played and played pretty well. That almost gives me some confidence going in. It's the linebackers that have not done anything at all in run defense.

The DTs are supposed to get some push, and they do, and occupy blockers, which they do. Greg MF Gaines made what, 30 or so tackles per season? He had BBK behind him racking up 150 or however fucking many he made. Our starting pair won't approach that combined.

I still think Cal wins comfortably, which may only mean one score but there will never be a doubt that they'll do enough to stay ahead.

Guys who grew up with fathers that are coaches or played in the NFL are almost always good, provided they have enough athletic ability and size. Irvin is an example against that, but most are good. Bruner and the Otton’s come to mind.
    Irvin sucks?
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,794
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    edited September 2021

ReignMan said:

chuck said:

Irvin sucks? What? He’s probably been our best safety this year?

He just was hurt early in his career.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,611
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

ReignMan said:

chuck said:

Irvin sucks? What? He’s probably been our best safety this year?

He just was hurt early in his career.
    It's a "what have you done to get on camera lately?" world here on the CFB internet.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    To say Irvin is good is also a stretch.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

ReignMan said:

chuck said:

Irvin sucks?
    Yes