Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

I hate to say it

13»

Comments

• Options
    LawDawg1LawDawg1 Member Posts: 3,756
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Canadawg said:

TTJ said:

I liked Neu. His teams got softer when he got his own guys, but he was smart and would have adjusted. He could recruit too.

I would have agreed with you in 2002. But we later saw at UCLA that that wasn't true.
    UW isn’t UCLA
    You don't think Don James or Pete Carroll could win at UCLA?
    I don’t think Nick Saban could win at UCLA with any consistency
    They would take off and dominate the conference. I even think he would at Oregon State and WSU. Recruits are going where he’s at.
    Michigan State thinks this shit is hilarious. There’s only one Bammer, friend.
    I always wonder how people like you exist. Do you think Alabama is the first program to dominate for a while? Alabama isn't even considered the strongest all time program by many metrics. It's usually an OSU or OK discussion at the top with Bama and USC next.

You probably thought Nebraska was never going to lose a game a few decades ago didn't ya
    TTJ leads an insufferable, miserable life. Trust me.

• Options
    CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,056
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

Canadawg said:

TTJ said:

I liked Neu. His teams got softer when he got his own guys, but he was smart and would have adjusted. He could recruit too.

I would have agreed with you in 2002. But we later saw at UCLA that that wasn't true.
    UW isn’t UCLA
    They would take off and dominate the conference. I even think he would at Oregon State and WSU. Recruits are going where he’s at.
    I always wonder how people like you exist. Do you think Alabama is the first program to dominate for a while? Alabama isn't even considered the strongest all time program by many metrics. It's usually an OSU or OK discussion at the top with Bama and USC next.

You probably thought Nebraska was never going to lose a game a few decades ago didn't ya
    Whoa there my canuck, guy. Bamma has like 18 natties. Ohio State has 8. OU has 7.

Bammer is the GOAT rather easily. The two most successful coaches of all time both coached at Bammer.
    Yeah but a bunch of those natties are pretty sketchy. All I'm saying is they are no different overall compared to the other 4 or 5 elite programs. They will trend down when Saban leaves like all dynasties do
  • Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Seriously who dafuq was calling plays… and JD was in the booth finally
  • Options
    no_uhno_uh Member Posts: 761
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Canadawg said:

TTJ said:

UW isn’t UCLA

What metric is there that matters other than titles?
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,721
    Swaye's Wigwam
    TTJ said:

UW isn’t UCLA
    Current Saban > Michigan State Saban. He's a living legend now.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,000
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    chuck said:

TTJ said:

UW isn’t UCLA
    Current Saban > Michigan State Saban. He's a living legend now.
    He also established LSU in between those two stints winning a title. LSU sucked prior to him coaching there. If you don’t think saban would create a top 10 program anywhere you don’t think coaching is important.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    TTJ said:

UW isn’t UCLA
    Yes because Nick Saban was flashing six natty rings when he was at Michigan State.

He could turn them in to a monster now if he wanted to.
  • Options
    EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 4,010
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited September 2021
    Canadawg said:

TTJ said:

UW isn’t UCLA
    hru

Rank Team Won Lost Tied* Pct. Total Games

2 Alabama 931 331 43 .730 1304
    3 Ohio State 930 327 53 .730 1310
    5 Notre Dame 918 328 42 .729 1288
    1 Michigan 967 350 36 .728 1353
    6 Oklahoma 917 329 53 .726 1299

Thru Sept 6, Bama has the greatest winning percentage all time in college football. A few 1000ths ahead of tOSU. Others said it more eloquently (with better formatting) but JFC does the internet exist in Canada? If it does USE IT.

And, yes, MANY people wonder how people like YOU actually survive.
  • Options
    CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,056
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited September 2021
    EwaDawg said:

Canadawg said:

TTJ said:

UW isn’t UCLA
    hru

Thru Sept 6, Bama has the greatest winning percentage all time in college football. A few 1000ths ahead of tOSU. Others said it more eloquently (with better formatting) but JFC does the internet exist in Canada? If it does USE IT.

Oh wow one of the best programs is in a good place at the tail end of a great decade? Shocking.

All of you are agreeing that the last run has been spectacular which is true. What I said is that it will come down to earth soon just like every other run. When Bear left they didn't win their conference for 7 years. That's on the internet as well @EwaDawg
  • Options
    AlexisAlexis Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,023
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited September 2021

Alexis said:

He’s a top 3 Husky HC of the past 46 years and he sucked.

Top 2. He was a better fit for a major conference coach than Pete and it was his bullshit firing that crashed the program, not him. Pete crashed the program with his own decisions.
    We were trending in the wrong direction under Neu.
    Easy to say, but when he was fired he had a team that was preseason #14 with 2 All American candidates on it. Not his fault Gilby was a retard and won 6 games with it.

If Neu would have won 6 games with that team, then I'd agree with you and would have been 2nd in line in calling for his firing (Behind Race) , but he probably wins 8 or 9 and has a mediocre bowl he might be able to win. His trending down was basically our high point minus like 1 years since then.
    Rick went 7-6 with a 2.2 YPC on offense in 2002.
    What was his yards per pass attempt? Total TDs? Again, Rick had a bad year, with no opportunity to improve after. And his bad year was as good as any year Lambo, Sark or Lake has (or will) have. (Yes, Lambo won 9 games one year with the one of the best players in UW history, and Rick pushed in his shit in the Bowl Game.) Petersen was a good coach who quit. Neu was a good coach who was fired. And Neu never blew a game against Arizona by having no idea how to run out the clock with a lead. The trending down narrative is incomplete, and in reality, not technically gifted.
  • Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,198
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

The same folks who couldn't wait to get rid of Rick loved Gilby and Ty

I don’t know…as a young Sparky I remember calling into 1080 The Fan and ranting that UW should fire Neu immediately when it came out he lied about 49ers.

I gave Gilby a small window of opportunity. Then hated him. Always hated Ty.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,721
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Alexis said:

Alexis said:

He’s a top 3 Husky HC of the past 46 years and he sucked.

Top 2. He was a better fit for a major conference coach than Pete and it was his bullshit firing that crashed the program, not him. Pete crashed the program with his own decisions.
    We were trending in the wrong direction under Neu.
    Easy to say, but when he was fired he had a team that was preseason #14 with 2 All American candidates on it. Not his fault Gilby was a retard and won 6 games with it.

If Neu would have won 6 games with that team, then I'd agree with you and would have been 2nd in line in calling for his firing (Behind Race) , but he probably wins 8 or 9 and has a mediocre bowl he might be able to win. His trending down was basically our high point minus like 1 years since then.
    Rick went 7-6 with a 2.2 YPC on offense in 2002.
    What was his yards per pass attempt? Total TDs? Again, Rick had a bad year, with no opportunity to improve after. And his bad year was as good as any year Lambo, Sark or Lake has (or will) have. (Yes, Lambo won 9 games one year with the one of the best players in UW history, and Rick pushed in his shit in the Bowl Game.) Petersen was a good coach who quit. Neu was a good coach who was fired. And Neu never blew a game against Arizona by having no idea how to run out the clock with a lead. The trending down narrative is incomplete, and in reality, not technically gifted.
    I dont know why I'm engaging in this retarded debate again. RN getting fired was absolute bullshit and was the single decision that led to the 2004-2013 debacle.

But...grandpa Sankey could see that it's a stretch to call him a "good" coach. He was solid on the sidelines but his roster construction, recruiting, and player development were all piss poor. The trending down narrative was not a narrative at all. It was plain for all to see. The team was soft as fuck, ran a disgusting, boring offense, and had little talent incoming especially on the lines. RN was not going to be better than Sarkisian long term.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,673
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye said:

The same folks who couldn't wait to get rid of Rick loved Gilby and Ty

There is a large segment of our fanbase that would rather lose the right way then win and talk big shit while doing it.
    Well yeah. Youll sound like trumpers or something. Keep that toxic masculinity away from them
  • Options
    dtddtd Member Posts: 4,185
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    EwaDawg said:

Canadawg said:

TTJ said:

UW isn’t UCLA
    hru

Maybe it would be better if he stopped using it.
  • Options
    TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Just catching up here.
    dnc said:

Yes because Nick Saban was flashing six natty rings when he was at Michigan State. He could turn them in to a monster now if he wanted to.

Sure. In the make-believe world in which six-ring Nick magically reappears in East Lansing, he’d probably build a build a monster there. But living legends don’t take the MSU job. The baked-in institutional advantages at Bama are enormous. And sure, Saban deserves great credit for elevating them above the other blue bloods. But Bama has always been a blue blood.

That was so long ago. His name has quite a bit more prestige behind it now. I’m not saying he would have Bama like success, but if you gave him three years at Oregon Stats, he’s winning 10+

I agree. Ten wins in year three sounds about right. Again, in the fantastical scenario where Saban takes his talents (and his six rings) to Corvallis. But an isolated 10-win season at OSU or WSU isn’t “dominat[ing] the conference,” which is the claim I was reacting to.