Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Brock Huard goes full nega

Comments

• RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    jecornel said:

He makes big money. Way easier to criticize on camera and radio. The Coaching lifestyle is awful. He would never do it

He wouldn’t be starting at some FCS school in Colorado like most coaches. He could get a job, try it out, and if he failed, go back to broadcasting. You are correct tho. He probably makes mid 6 figures and has no reason to get into coaching.
  • fieldgoalssukfieldgoalssuk Member Posts: 6
    Nice way to prove not a homer for his national broadcasting credentials. But it would have been nice to have gotten these insights before the season. What was he saying then? Did he voice concerns about the primitive offense or terrible recruiting in August? Everyone can see these problems now. Just saying it's easy to go off now when everything sucks and there is no where to hide it.
  • pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 19,855 Founders Club

saturdays game is going to be absolutely riveting and im being dead serious

25,000 Husky fans stood and cheered the victorious Arkansas State team come off the field.
    Nebraska classy
    Montlake classy
  • 1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,493 Swaye's Wigwam

Hugh Millen for OC.

Smash concepts, sluggo, we'll finally have it all!

Guaranteed he would be better than JD
    I had a phone call with Hugh on a rainy November night in 2007. He had an opportunity to join the UW staff for $1 a year, to coach Jake Locker. I can't remember who initially reached out to whom, but I know the $1/year part was Hugh's idea. He thought Jake was a once-in-a-generation talent and he was concerned that he might not get the proper coaching from Lappano. (At that time I was very high on Jake, too). Hugh asked me what I thought I said if his heart was into it then go for it. Alas, it never happened.
    The only coach Hugh would work for would be Mora and only as a consultant probably. But whatever anyone thinks of him it would be a plus for the program if he were to ever take that role given his knowledge of every playbook known to mankind.
    I worded it as a joke because I thought it would play well here...

...but I also wasn't kidding.
  • CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,255 Swaye's Wigwam

Hugh Millen for OC.

I had a phone call with Hugh on a rainy November night in 2007. He had an opportunity to join the UW staff for $1 a year, to coach Jake Locker. I can't remember who initially reached out to whom, but I know the $1/year part was Hugh's idea. He thought Jake was a once-in-a-generation talent and he was concerned that he might not get the proper coaching from Lappano. (At that time I was very high on Jake, too). Hugh asked me what I thought I said if his heart was into it then go for it. Alas, it never happened.
    You've got some great stories. You should write a book
  • NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729

Hugh Millen for OC.

The only coach Hugh would work for would be Mora and only as a consultant probably. But whatever anyone thinks of him it would be a plus for the program if he were to ever take that role given his knowledge of every playbook known to mankind.
    I’d take Mora and Hugh over the Lake show any day
    I’m still not convinced you can win at UCLA sustained
  • doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    MelloDawg said:

doogie said:

MelloDawg said:

One of the better rants I've ever heard from Brock. He might be the single outside guy with the most influence in that AD. If Huard is publicly taking you to task you're in trouble.

I’d say if Damon told Cohen that Sam is transferring if they don’t make significant changes, that would qualify as more influence.

Huard publicly criticizing is significant though.
    I would think that if Damon told Cohen “Here is a list of firm commitments for $10,000,000 from these 5 guys if we make an immediate change to Coach _________ … and oh, by the way, they have committed to ghosting you if you resist” would carry more weight.
    I just know I’m withdrawing my $500,000 if a change is not made

Hugh Millen for OC.

So, which one of you was in Gorst?
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,252 Founders Club

doogie said:

Swaye said:

He basically just completely destroyed Donovan. Is anyone surprised by any this? We hired a fucking assistant to the RB coach. That roughly translates to "film watcher." What a fucking embarrassment. It's all on you Jimmy you moron.

Crispened that up for you.
    So, we* hired Dwight?
    From my recollection, despite his character flaws, Dwight put up numbers. He’s more of a Mike Leach.
    Dwight was a great salesman and even won the Northeastern Pennsylvania Salesman of the Year award for it. His second go at manager turned out pretty good for him unlike John Don. He also ran a successful beet farm something I doubt John Don is doing on the side.
    My late sister would be laughing hard at this post.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,252 Founders Club
    doogie said:

MelloDawg said:

doogie said:

MelloDawg said:

One of the better rants I've ever heard from Brock. He might be the single outside guy with the most influence in that AD. If Huard is publicly taking you to task you're in trouble.

I’d say if Damon told Cohen that Sam is transferring if they don’t make significant changes, that would qualify as more influence.

Huard publicly criticizing is significant though.
    I would think that if Damon told Cohen “Here is a list of firm commitments for $10,000,000 from these 5 guys if we make an immediate change to Coach _________ … and oh, by the way, they have committed to ghosting you if you resist” would carry more weight.
    I just know I’m withdrawing my $500,000 if a change is not made

Hugh Millen for OC.

So, which one of you was in Gorst?
    I never hung out with Pup at the Gorst strip club.
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,859 Founders Club

doogie said:

Swaye said:

He basically just completely destroyed Donovan. Is anyone surprised by any this? We hired a fucking assistant to the RB coach. That roughly translates to "film watcher." What a fucking embarrassment. It's all on you Jimmy you moron.

So, we* hired Dwight?
    From my recollection, despite his character flaws, Dwight put up numbers. He’s more of a Mike Leach.
    Dwight was a great salesman and even won the Northeastern Pennsylvania Salesman of the Year award for it. His second go at manager turned out pretty good for him unlike John Don. He also ran a successful beet farm something I doubt John Don is doing on the side.
    My late sister would be laughing hard at this post.
    Big belly laughs from the media room in the great beyond.
  • WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,790

doogie said:

Swaye said:

So, we* hired Dwight?
    beet farm and event venue
  • JoeyJoey Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,505 Founders Club

Hugh Millen for OC.

Mora may be the only one who wants to be here at some point
  • LawDawg1LawDawg1 Member Posts: 3,778

Hugh Millen for OC.

Fuck Mora. He had his chance. He had his cake.
  • NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    LawDawg1 said:

Hugh Millen for OC.

Fuck Mora. He had his chance. He had his cake.
    Statements like this….
  • insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117

doogie said:

Swaye said:

So, we* hired Dwight?
    JonDon = Toby

• MelloDawgMelloDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,494 Swaye's Wigwam

doogie said:

Swaye said:

So, we* hired Dwight?
    Blood alone moves the wheels of history!!