Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Looking like Melton is going to be a Seahawk

CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
He is "deep in negotiations" with them tonight. Typically if its this late it is only a mateer of when he will sign.

Comments

• Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    That was the rapaport report. Another Seattle guy said Melton told him he thinks the deal gets done.
    Would be a great addition assuming the price isn't huge
  • Options
    I would guess 2 years 12 million 7 guaranteed unless he wants to do a 1 year prove it deal
  • Options
    HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Hmmmm he's visiting Dallas now. Hopefully giving them a last shot.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited March 2014
    I'm a little worried about the DL. Not that I think they will be bad, but I enjoyed the consistent pass rush last year. They were probably a top 2 or 3 DL last year, and I think we will slip to about the 8-12 range.

Jared Allen is seeking 12 million a year, I doubt we can go past 6 or 7, so I think he's pretty much ruled out. I doubt he gets 12, but a team with ample cap room might give him 9. Melton would be a good pick up. The guy I'm disappointed we didn't go after was Justin Tuck. 11.5 sacks last year, has experience playing DT in nickel situations and he signed with Oakland for 2 years 11.5 million.
  • Options
    If the teams bidding on him are the seahawks and the cowboys (serious cap hell) it shows he doesn't have much of a market
  • Options
    SteveInSheltonSteveInShelton Member Posts: 1,611
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited March 2014
    Seattle media said Melton was a done deal last night. They also said Bennett was a lock for Chicago. Kim's sources at work here.

The pass rusher market is pretty ridiculous this year. Washed up guys like Peppers and Ware are getting multi-year deals at $10 million a year. Allen will probably end up getting his 8 figures somewhere.