Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Jennifer Cohen is really, really, extremely mad.

Comments

• Options
    DoogmanRefundDoogmanRefund Member Posts: 761
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary

Its really funny how the dawgman mods script flipped from defending every coach at all costs, to saying how the coaches need to figure this out all of the sudden. Probably because the readers are no longer buying it.

I think most of their readers figured shit out 10+ years ago. Those that still give a fuck/want to watch the world burn came here. Some stopped caring at all and the rest became Sounders fans.
  • Options
    Geevis_and_ButtheadGeevis_and_Butthead Member Posts: 987
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited September 2021

AD access more important to Kim

No one was harder on Jimmy than Kim

Pretty clear none of the football coaches (Hopkins and Conroy are another story) feel like Grinolds or his web site are worth cozying up to in exchange for favorable coverage.

Cohen obviously is another story.

Revealing that Grinolds is "reporting" that Jen is furious at this two-game shitstorm — but not, however, at JTG's bum-ass hires or lousy recruiting that preceded it since Dawgman was continually playing the "everything's gonna be fine" card and snuffing out any threads criticizing Lake or his staff.

Seems apparent with Cohen throwing her hire under the bus two games into his second season that she realizes that aren't enough lifeboats to save both her and her coach, so it's everyone for him or herself at this point.

Honestly, though, WTF has Cohen got a legit reason to be pissed about? She hired first-time head coaches in the two revenue sports — and they've done what most first-time head coaches do at this level. Bomb the fuck out.

Blaming Lake for a doing lousy job doesn't change that it was her call to promote him in December 2019.
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,280
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited September 2021
    Tequilla said:

Funny thing is that I don’t think Kim is wrong about Jen being pissed … but his reasoning for it is backwards

Jimmy’s going to shit can JonDon and start Huard sooner than later to try to save his ass

Jen knows if she doesn’t shit can Jimmy sooner or later then more and more pitchforks come after her ineptitude

Jen’s a lot of things but stupid about how the game is played isn’t one of them …

Best case scenario is that Jen leverages the same people that likely got the women’s hoops hire right to run the football search for her

Let’s wait for Tina to a coach a game at UW first. LIPO

Of course she’s pissed. She was counting on Jimmy to make up for the utter disaster she created with the Men’s basketball program. How you hire down from Romar amazes me, but she pulled it off. Now Jimmy is assuring that the only two profitable sports programs are now bleeding.

She probably thought like Mullins did at Oregon. My current respected head coach says so so would be great. Then hiring the said so and so candidate without proper due diligence.
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,301
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

The one good thing about Jen is she is really good at raising money. Every top donor for UW athletics loves her, so I don't put it past her to raise the money to buy Jimmy out if it gets to that point.

Hasn't it gotten to that point yet?
    This. If she ain't checking those figures already she should be DOA as well.
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Its really funny how the dawgman mods script flipped from defending every coach at all costs, to saying how the coaches need to figure this out all of the sudden. Probably because the readers are no longer buying it.

I may have disagreed with them, but I don't begrudge them taking the LIPO approach. Hell, them and @RaceBannon were pretty well aligned on that. As always, it was their trademarked snark and cuntiness to any of their subscribers who expressed displeasure at Jimmy's signs of failure that was so nauseating.
  • Options
    sonics1993sonics1993 Member Posts: 1,460
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

The one good thing about Jen is she is really good at raising money. Every top donor for UW athletics loves her, so I don't put it past her to raise the money to buy Jimmy out if it gets to that point.

Hasn't it gotten to that point yet?
    Nope, it's too soon. Washington needs to lose more, get blown out by Oregon, and most likely lose the apple cup. A 3 to 4 win season with the season ending in a loss to Washington State could potentially do it.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Lake will get year 3. He gets to fire Donovan and a few other coaches. The only benefit of Lake possibly getting a third year is if Cohen gets fired first.

It would be even better if both were fired today, but that isn’t going to happen.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,028
    Swaye's Wigwam

• Options
    sinceredawgsinceredawg Member Posts: 785
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

I've never been with a prostitute, but I'd give money to Jen under the right circumstances.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,586
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Tequilla said:

Funny thing is that I don’t think Kim is wrong about Jen being pissed … but his reasoning for it is backwards

Jimmy’s going to shit can JonDon and start Huard sooner than later to try to save his ass

Jen knows if she doesn’t shit can Jimmy sooner or later then more and more pitchforks come after her ineptitude

Jen’s a lot of things but stupid about how the game is played isn’t one of them …

Best case scenario is that Jen leverages the same people that likely got the women’s hoops hire right to run the football search for her

Of course she’s pissed. She was counting on Jimmy to make up for the utter disaster she created with the Men’s basketball program. How you hire down from Romar amazes me, but she pulled it off. Now Jimmy is assuring that the only two profitable sports programs are now bleeding.

She probably thought like Mullins did at Oregon. My current respected head coach says so so would be great. Then hiring the said so and so candidate without proper due diligence.
    The Hop hire is forgivable not from a results standpoint but at least from a system standpoint. They went out and got someone from a winning program with a pedigree and contacts. It didn't work out. Coaching pics are a crapshoot shit happens etc.

The JL hire was nepotistic, lazy, and now also a complete failure. There's no "it is what it is" for Jen in that space.
    20 year assistant. Had an audition opportunity at Syracuse when Boeheim was suspended and they were horrible.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Tequilla said:

I base my comments on Tina on the following:

She was influential in building a top end national program at Maryland

She’s built a program at Rice

Is known as a good recruiter and has experience coaching at strong academic schools

A good friend of mine is very plugged in in the girls HS hoops scene in Texas … was told that her reputation is very strong

Barring getting an already sitting elite coach … this is about as good as it gets in a hire
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Lake will get year 3. He gets to fire Donovan and a few other coaches. The only benefit of Lake possibly getting a third year is if Cohen gets fired first.

It would be even better if both were fired today, but that isn’t going to happen.

You actually are arguing for why Jimmy doesn’t get a Year 3

Jen’s savvy enough to realize that Jimmy further cratering the program puts the crosshairs on her
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited September 2021
    Tequilla said:

You actually are arguing for why Jimmy doesn’t get a Year 3

Jen’s savvy enough to realize that Jimmy further cratering the program puts the crosshairs on her
    I hope that is a good thing. I want Jen gone too. She really is a moron and obnoxious woman, which is fine if she had good athletic programs, but the major ones suck.
  • Options
    alumni94alumni94 Member Posts: 4,849
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

I get it. funny.
  • Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Fuck that… gofundme
    I got $5 on it