Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Message for the Bored

DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,095
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Founders Club
To address concerns that some of you have about Hardcore Husky... Only one person has been banned in recent weeks. Mike is his name and he has had numerous handles. He's the best player on the field one of those Greenpeace guys. Enuff said on that.

In the history of Hardcore Husky, we have banned a total of 5 people, and 2 of them were let back in after being contrite.

Other than that, the only recent changes have been to get rid of sig pics because they annoy more people than they entertain.

Also, a couple other investors told me they thought I was being inconsistent in protecting PL_SS from taunts over his paralysis, because I simultaneously allow him to sometimes spew racist stuff. That's a fair assessment. So I have asked PL_SS to refrain from those comments and if he continues I will treat those like I would someone taunting him over his paralysis. To his credit, PL_SS says he wants this board to grow further and will do what is necessary.

I also discontinued the ads yesterday because their benefit to us won't be enough to warrant the small nuisance of having them on here.

Other than that, I'm quite surprised at the levels of self-entitlement by several people on this bored. You are getting a high quality forum to poast on for free, and yet you seem to think you have the right as a customer to demand that we be just like the Pit or HHBv1. And yet, you've contributed nothing financially.

The more that kind of bitching and complaining continues, the more inclined we will be to shut down the site after the 2014 season. It depends on how much enjoyment we are all getting and how much bang for the buck there is while we dissect important matters like the narrow win over Georgia State and the latest blown prediction by Dawgman.com.

In the grand scheme of things, we have won the war. Sark is gone, we've got a new coach that most of us are optimistic about, and Dawgman.com has been severely damaged - nay, imploded.

Going forward, it's all predicated on how much fun are we having. That's all I've got to say for now.

BTW, a new interview feature article will be up on Sunday.

Comments

• Options
    kh83kh83 Member Posts: 596
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper
    Shit ain't worth doing if it isn't fun. Thanks for everything Derek.
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I'm a DJ fan - both of them.
  • Options
    Dawgfan406Dawgfan406 Member Posts: 192
    First Anniversary Testing 1 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    This bored is sinking faster than a malaysia 777 jet.
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,475
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

This bored is sinking faster than a malaysia 777 jet.

This bored is sinking getting hijacked faster than a Malaysia 777 jet.

Fixed.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,064
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    I will probably never forgive the investors for the Great Sig Debacle of 2014, but seeing as how you didn't go binge purging idiots around here, I guess I'll come around. I do appreciate having this gulag to post at...cause I got nowhere else to go...

• Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,911
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    This is a classy poast on the level of Nebraska fans, Deontae Cooper touchdowns, and Oregon fans congratulating us on how far we have come after winning by 24 points
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,861
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

So puppy is actually paralyzed? I kind of thought that was just a running joke. Which makes me wonder how he has been going to town on butts all these years.

Now he denies it, so who knows
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,911
    Standard Supporter
    I have a theory that pl_ss is this sites Andy Kaufman or Sasha Baron Cohen. I imagine him as a guy who plays several characters, one of them being an old, angry racist, parapalegic. If you pay close attention there are times where his posts come slightly out of character, or where his comments are just a little too intelligent and put together.

I believe he may be chipocrit as well.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    You don't have to be like The Pit or HHB to be good.

Just don't be a passive aggressive cunt like Kim Grinolds.

Nice veiled FREE PUB! by the way.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
  • Options
    Founders Club

I have a theory that pl_ss is this sites Andy Kaufman or Sasha Baron Cohen. I imagine him as a guy who plays several characters, one of them being an old, angry racist, parapalegic. If you pay close attention there are times where his posts come slightly out of character, or where his comments are just a little too intelligent and put together.

I believe he may be chipocrit as well.

Interesting

It would require a ton of time & effort, but posters here have plenty of time.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,581
    Founders Club
    I guess I dont understand what all the uproar is over. Why the fuck would the boards get shut down after the 2014 season? Why can't people figure out how to disable the fucking sigs if they are annoyed by them?

I hate 90% of people
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    As Race Bannon (RIP) once said, jungle fighters don't know how to govern.

That's why the VC got purged after they won the war.

Viet Cong 4 lyfe!!!
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,524
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
  • Options
    Founders Club
    I'm not going to speak for Sven, but the HR ban was at best awkward (and as I stated, I'm not as big a fan as many).

Was he hijacking, trolling, and fucking with Roaddawg and others? Sure, but we're grown men here (more or less). It wasn't a six month long thing. A few investors didn't want him here and that was it. Would he have continued? Probably, but it was a quick ax and seemed contrary to the spirit of the board, IMO.

Sigs? Who cares...they're kind of annoying, but I could go either way.

This s*** hurts interviews...well, where is the line drawn? The rape jokes aren't funny to me but I've never complained about them. PLSS is great entertainment, but some people might be offended by him... hell 60 or 70 percent of the former players that are interviewed are black. The horseshit GIFS are pretty gross... but I never complained about them.

I'll stop rambling and say as a victim ( maybe a little of it was warranted :) ) of dozens of bans from BSPN, a couple of near bans orchestrated by a Cougar fag (literally), & the arbitrary 1,3, 7, 14, and 30 day bans from Dawgwoman, I'm definitely grateful for this site and dogbored (r.I.p.). I'd like to be able to come here in 3 years and bitch about LoRo, praise Peterman, write brb vomit in response to Swaye's tatted skanks and a creepy brb jo to random shit.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,064
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    My tatted skanks = FREE PUB