Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Your reaction to the failed 4th-and-4 call in the second quarter?

2»

Comments

• AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,052 Standard Supporter

Mario is a legend and a national champion

Of course he supports the school

He'll support the next coach too

Jimmy isn't here because of Mario and he won't be staying because of Mario

You underestimate our decision makers. Any visible ppl supporting lake makes him easier to keep or for jenn to keep her job.

Can’t wait for Mario to meet with the naacp in the coming weeks to fill them in on what’s going on.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,822 Founders Club
    Until you walk a mile in another man's shoes...

People view things differently based on experience

Mario is one of my all time favorites

I won't brook this malarkey
  • biak1biak1 Member Posts: 4,093
    Race defending Mario on this is off brand tbh.
  • 1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,546 Swaye's Wigwam
    jecornel said:

Greg Lewis claimed Morris changed the play.

Pollux said:

jecornel said:

Greg Lewis claimed Morris changed the play.

He did audible. That’s still a coaching problem. This staff sucks.
    He absolutely changed the play, it was clear as day. As @Pollux points out, though, I'm sure he was coached to automatically change to x if he sees y. Not on 4th and 4 when this adjustment hasn't worked all game, motherfucker!
  • BeerThirtyBeerThirty Member Posts: 2,465

All true. But what's also true is how highly offensive it was for Mario to paint with a broad brush everyone criticizing Lake was doing so because of racism.
    That burned the bridge with me.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,619 Founders Club

Until you walk a mile in another man's shoes...

People view things differently based on experience

Mario is one of my all time favorites

I won't brook this malarkey

Yes I know, Mario already made it clear that anyone who hasn't played football for UW has no right to criticize
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,619 Founders Club

All true. But what's also true is how highly offensive it was for Mario to paint with a broad brush everyone criticizing Lake was doing so because of racism.
    That burned the bridge with me.
    I still love Mario for what he represented
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member Posts: 11,236

Mario is trotting out the race card bullshit.
  • lawsandllawsandl Member Posts: 1,555

"GOTDAMMIT! ARE YOU FUCKIN' KIDDING ME?!?!!!

Then I laffed at myself for expecting anything better.

It made the wildcat look creative.
  • lawsandllawsandl Member Posts: 1,555

The defense doing a goal line stand against the Harbaugh jumbo offense was great

The highlight of the night

Bynum and 17 can play receiver. Tight ends can get open

Morris and the O line are just historically bad and Donovan has no clue how to work around it

I was legit surprised at how bad. Terrible.

Your oline talent is not the issue. The blocking schemes look like they are straight from Tecmo Bowl.
  • GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,163

Leave Mario alone

Anyone supporting lake is part of the problem.

Imagine going into the season with this bad of a team and being confident as a coach. That in of itself is a fireable offense regardless if you think the coach is capable of fix it.

I we’ve seen this with Gilby and ty before.
    This is the biggest indictment. Jimmy legitimately thought he had a good team. Shit, he might still be delusional and not realize what a miserable squad he's put together. A good number of players and recruits apparently saw it. Everyone else now knows it too.

It's one thing to rebuild a team and come out of the gates slow. But I've never seen an example of a coach squandering an inherited situation and then somehow go on to reverse the massive damage. There's no ambiguity here. He's toast.

Leave Mario alone

Imagine going into the season with this bad of a team and being confident as a coach. That in of itself is a fireable offense regardless if you think the coach is capable of fix it.

This is the biggest indictment. Jimmy legitimately thought he had a good team. Shit, he might still be delusional and not realize what a miserable squad he's put together. A good number of players and recruits apparently saw it. Everyone else now knows it too.

It's one thing to rebuild a team and come out of the gates slow. But I've never seen an example of a coach squandering an inherited situation and then somehow go on to reverse the massive damage. There's no ambiguity here. He's toast.
    I always thought how underwhelming it was that Lambo went 7-4 in 1993 with all that talent he inherited. But that was nothing compared to what Lake is doing.
  • theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,823 Founders Club

Leave Mario alone

I always thought how underwhelming it was that Lambo went 7-4 in 1993 with all that talent he inherited. But that was nothing compared to what Lake is doing.
    All day this. Going 7-5 with this team would be on par with Lambo in terms of futility. What we are witnessing is worse. Worse even than Gilby because that team had way, way less talent than this one.

• thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 6,062
    They’ll get it figured out, guys.

Jimmy just needs more time.
  • RedRocketRedRocket Member Posts: 1,527
    thechatch said:

They’ll get it figured out, guys.

Jimmy just needs more time.

He's taking a long drive near the beach in the helmet car for perspective.