Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

This is a zero win team

2»

Comments

• Options
    WillyRBeekWillyRBeek Member Posts: 133
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

RealRhino said:

I was thinking about JonDon being clueless as the game was going. It's like watching a guy who was given the basic idea of the rules for play design (# of players needed on the LOS, how many total players on the field, etc.) and a cheat card showing the basic route tree, and then was told, okay, run an offense.

Like if we were running an AI through a million simulations and it learned as it went along, we'd still be on simulation 15 or something where he just was like, "Oh, add another blocker here so we'll have a numerical superiority" and "everybody on the outside just run slant routes a few yards short of the first down marker so if we catch it momentum might carry us forward."

Fucking rudimentary bullshit. Literally has no idea of how to design or call plays.

I am certain that a PlayStation 2 level AI would be far superior. I honestly believe you have to try to fuck up this hard. There is no way that the current OC at Eastern Washington, Southern Oregon, or even that woman on the 49ers staff could be worse.

Actually, let’s just hire her. There’s a 99% chance that she fails but at least we’d get some free pub for a while. Meanwhile there is a 100% chance the current staff fails. Win win!
    That seems like a lot of work. Would probably be easier to just print out the playbook and post it up on a wall, and have a circus monkey throw feces at, and then just run whatever play the shit hits.
    Wouldn't be any worse than what we're seeing now, and at least it would be entertaining to watch.
  • Options
    JackDonakeyJackDonakey Member Posts: 42
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    In all seriousness, there's not a single win on our schedule.

I hate the talk of we need to play different players. That's BS. Our players are good enough to win, we have SHIT coaching across the board.

Rod Gilmore (who's a massive douchebag in his own right) said yesterday, defending the coaching staff, that it's hard to win when your O-line gets no push, your QB has not time to throw and your WRs are all injured. He said maybe it's time for a change to Huard, which is total BS. Any QB would be a dumpster fire on this pathetic offense.
  • Options
    DoogmanRefundDoogmanRefund Member Posts: 761
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary

RealRhino said:

I was thinking about JonDon being clueless as the game was going. It's like watching a guy who was given the basic idea of the rules for play design (# of players needed on the LOS, how many total players on the field, etc.) and a cheat card showing the basic route tree, and then was told, okay, run an offense.

Like if we were running an AI through a million simulations and it learned as it went along, we'd still be on simulation 15 or something where he just was like, "Oh, add another blocker here so we'll have a numerical superiority" and "everybody on the outside just run slant routes a few yards short of the first down marker so if we catch it momentum might carry us forward."

Fucking rudimentary bullshit. Literally has no idea of how to design or call plays.

I am certain that a PlayStation 2 level AI would be far superior. I honestly believe you have to try to fuck up this hard. There is no way that the current OC at Eastern Washington, Southern Oregon, or even that woman on the 49ers staff could be worse.

Actually, let’s just hire her. There’s a 99% chance that she fails but at least we’d get some free pub for a while. Meanwhile there is a 100% chance the current staff fails. Win win!
    That seems like a lot of work. Would probably be easier to just print out the playbook and post it up on a wall, and have a circus monkey throw feces at, and then just run whatever play the shit hits.
    Wouldn't be any worse than what we're seeing now, and at least it would be entertaining to watch.
    You want to buy a circus monkey in this economy?!
  • Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,190
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    I now lose to my 11 year old consistently on Madden

He would be an upgrade
  • Options
    fouchpotatofouchpotato Member Posts: 53
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Newton and Davis both suck. It’s time for McGrew.

The inside running plays are so fucking awful. Very predictable, the OL gets no push and our RB’s never make plays or get extra yards.

Couldn't agree more. Davis looks just as bad as Newton much to the chagrin of the TBS crew that has been licking him ever since his 9 yard run against Oregon that got called back.

Sorry for your loss.
  • Options
    WillyRBeekWillyRBeek Member Posts: 133
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

RealRhino said:

You want to buy a circus monkey in this economy?!

• Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,994
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

Newton and Davis both suck. It’s time for McGrew.

The inside running plays are so fucking awful. Very predictable, the OL gets no push and our RB’s never make plays or get extra yards.

Couldn't agree more. Davis looks just as bad as Newton much to the chagrin of the TBS crew that has been licking him ever since his 9 yard run against Oregon that got called back.

Sorry for your loss.
    Focusing on the players is worthless. All these players have played before and never looked this bad. It’s the program. The program sucks. Cut it off at the head.

For the rest of the season you could let malloe coach if you want I guess but it has to be severed at the end of the year.