Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Jude crams in some more links and videos on way to happy hour at Joeys ...

Comments

• Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,570
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Lindquist says they're just trying to get the new system down and the follow-up question asks about the QB competition. Fags
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Works for me..
  • Options
    Dawgfan406Dawgfan406 Member Posts: 192
    First Anniversary Testing 1 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    The only good thing that fuck copied and pasted:

"Next: The Huskies practice again Saturday morning in a workout closed to the media (with no interview availability). It’s the final practice before a two-week spring break, and Petersen on Tuesday estimated that 200 high school coaches will be in attendance for a clinic."

Petersen buildin' the fence.
  • Options
    SpoonieLuvSpoonieLuv Member Posts: 5,437
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Can you speak into the microphone. My parents (lynnwood native) never bought me Mavis Beacon.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,921
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Most high school football coaches are pretty smart. Many of them are older guys and teachers as well. They are guys like Petersen. When they see a guy like Dude Bro and the rah rah show he puts on they know that he's not gonna develop his players because he's in over his head and there's no substance to him. I'm close with a couple of the coaches that were alongside Gesser wheN he coached high school and they couldn't stand coaching with him for the same reason.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Most high school football coaches are pretty smart. Many of them are older guys and teachers as well. They are guys like Petersen. When they see a guy like Dude Bro and the rah rah show he puts on they know that he's not gonna develop his players because he's in over his head and there's no substance to him. I'm close with a couple of the coaches that were alongside Gesser wheN he coached high school and they couldn't stand coaching with him for the same reason.

Completely disagree about most high school coaches being smart, but I understand what you are saying. The coaches surely will like Petersen more than Sark.
  • Options
    TailgaterTailgater Member Posts: 1,389
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Good high school coaches may not be the best in the classroom although some can be great teachers. But they are smart about understanding their kids...... sort of street smart in a gridiron sort of way. The mediocre to poor football coaches I observed when my sons were playing high school football over 20 years ago were of two basic types: 1) coaches who knew football, but didn't understand the kids and were coaching primarily for love of the game and extra pay; and 2) coaches who didn't know the game, didn't understand the kids, and were mostly there for the extra pay. Good coaches are of course special in that they know and love the game, understand the kids on the practice field, in the lockerroom, weightroom, and classroom and are always willing to work with parents when or where needed. I know that Don James always had a significant and positive affect on area high school, junior high school, etc football coaches and I think Petersen will also. As Boise State's stature in college football has risen nationally the past several years, the quality of prep football in southwest Idaho at all sizes of high schools has improved amazingly. There are now some local kids in the NFL....... that would have been unheard of ten years ago.