Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Germie Bernard has decommitted

Comments

• WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,740
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes

Next up Rome and Jalen…

Wouldn't surprise me of all 3 end up at Oregon with Junior Adams... The UW Daily already has speculated that Rome and Jalen most likely follow Junior Adams to Oregon. Germaine reportedly has some big time programs recruiting him right now but he may follow his Dawg Junior Adams to Oregon as well..

Seattle Times https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/uw-husky-football/report-four-star-wide-receiver-germie-bernard-granted-release-from-uw-national-letter-of-intent/

oregon has a million freshmen receivers, that doesn’t make much sense or then some of those guys portal out
    Oregon only has 5 wr's on their roster (Franklin, Thornton, Hutson, Crocker, and Brevard). Seven Mcgee will play some receiver but mostly running back. They'll use him like they used DAT.

Oregon tried to get that UTEP transfer that went to Arizona. So Oregon is definitely in the market. Hutson will more than likely be the one bumped down with his fumbling issues. Oregon should take two wr transfers if they can.
    well I’d take them then
  • RatherBeBrewingRatherBeBrewing Member Posts: 1,557
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

So what's the plan to trade Oregon's overrated young four-star receivers for Washington's?

Germie Bernard being released from his NIL obligation is conditional on not going to a conference rival. So if you want any of Oregon’s many overrated WRs you’ve gotta get in line. This will need to be a blockbuster multi-team trade with other parties involved.

Oregon has already traded DT Jayson Jones and CB DJ James to Auburn for QB Bo Nix, so you know their general manager is a wheeler and dealer. Real Bob Whitsit type.
    And how exactly would they have prevented him from going where ever he wants? He doesn’t have to tell them where he’s going just that he wants out. Once he’s released he can do whatever
    Washington is in a position to take away a year of his eligibility and is under no obligation to release him unless it’s on their terms. NLI is different in your first year compared to a regular transfer, it’s binding for one year or there is a one calendar year sit penalty. After the one year it doesn’t matter and NCAA rules instead of NLI rules apply. But with an NLI you can deny a release and force the player to appeal - which takes months, is often denied, and in the interim prevents the PSA from being able to receive any FinAid from his new school. Also, he would be unable to participate in any football activities as walk-on or he wouldn’t be eligible to granted a scholarship for two years per a rule that prevents schools from stacking up “walk-ons” that then immediately get a scholarship as soon as one comes open. Washington literally just did this recently with Ethan Garbers, stalling him before relenting.

This kid obviously wants to enroll ASAP. He reached out to Oregon so the Oregon insiders said he’s trying to get out of his NLI before anyone else did. You can choose to not believe it, just like some didn’t believe Typhoid Puka was planning on leaving when it was said he was reaching out to Oregon. Or you can choose to believe the alternate theory that Junior Adams didn’t keep in touch with him and he’s going to shitty East Lansing because he really wants to or he’s afraid of Sir Smells accidentally sitting on him or eating him.
  • theLSkidtheLSkid Member Posts: 344
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    NIL isn’t a legally binding contract, it’s literally a piece of paper that has a handshake deal written on it. When a kid signs NLI, it means nothing if you can’t babysit him.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

theLSkid said:

NIL isn’t a legally binding contract, it’s literally a piece of paper that has a handshake deal written on it. When a kid signs NLI, it means nothing if you can’t babysit him.

Jesus Christ - is this somebody’s alt where they just make up shit that’s completely the opposite of reality? That is exactly the opposite of what an NLI is, a LEGALLY BINDING CONTRACT.

“Excuse me, this isn’t a contract with obligations from two parties. Just a handshake agreement that some attorneys wrote up. The school filled it out and it was faxed back to them with a signature just for funsies.”
    It says that on the cover, but it’s worth less than used toilet paper. Do I need to remind you who’s alebama situation?
  • GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    FireCohen said:

theLSkid said:

Jesus Christ - is this somebody’s alt where they just make up shit that’s completely the opposite of reality? That is exactly the opposite of what an NLI is, a LEGALLY BINDING CONTRACT.

“Excuse me, this isn’t a contract with obligations from two parties. Just a handshake agreement that some attorneys wrote up. The school filled it out and it was faxed back to them with a signature just for funsies.”
    It says that on the cover, but it’s worth less than used toilet paper. Do I need to remind you who’s alebama situation?
    You're proving his point. UW released Ale from his LOI.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

FireCohen said:

theLSkid said:

If they didn’t it would look worse for UW from an optical point for other prospective recruits. So it pretty much renders the agreement useless
  • thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 5,483
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    McMillen was the only available frosh WR Oregon would have taken in the portal. Maybe they kick the tires on Rice, but that’s about it.
  • theLSkidtheLSkid Member Posts: 344
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

theLSkid said:

Listen, I understand your anger, but one of us signed a NLI, and I know it wasn’t you.

NLI keeps a player at the school for a year, yes, and it used to be very hard to get out of NLI, but now with extended signing dates and the one-time transfer rule it’s easy as shit to get out of it and coaches don’t bother to try and keep players who request to leave.
    My ‘handshake deal’ sentiment was based off of scholarship money/stipend money. A coach can cut a player and/or take away their scholarship money at anytime, thus not guaranteeing anything to the player.
    Sounds like a really shit contract huh?
    It’s basically a handshake deal, you come here, we give you scholarship, but the NLI does not bind the scholarship to the player.

Relax.

• WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,388
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

Next up Rome and Jalen…

Wouldn't surprise me of all 3 end up at Oregon with Junior Adams... The UW Daily already has speculated that Rome and Jalen most likely follow Junior Adams to Oregon. Germaine reportedly has some big time programs recruiting him right now but he may follow his Dawg Junior Adams to Oregon as well..

Seattle Times https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/uw-husky-football/report-four-star-wide-receiver-germie-bernard-granted-release-from-uw-national-letter-of-intent/

oregon has a million freshmen receivers, that doesn’t make much sense or then some of those guys portal out
    Oregon only has 5 wr's on their roster (Franklin, Thornton, Hutson, Crocker, and Brevard). Seven Mcgee will play some receiver but mostly running back. They'll use him like they used DAT.

Oregon tried to get that UTEP transfer that went to Arizona. So Oregon is definitely in the market. Hutson will more than likely be the one bumped down with his fumbling issues. Oregon should take two wr transfers if they can.
    Is the combined weight of those 5 Oregon receivers more than 800 pounds?
  • GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    FireCohen said:

FireCohen said:

theLSkid said:

If they didn’t it would look worse for UW from an optical point for other prospective recruits. So it pretty much renders the agreement useless
    You mean like when Pete blocked Colson Yankoff from immediate eligibility? It's not binding until it is.
  • RatherBeBrewingRatherBeBrewing Member Posts: 1,557

FireCohen said:

FireCohen said:

theLSkid said:

You mean like when Pete blocked Colson Yankoff from immediate eligibility? It's not binding until it is.
    The Pac-12 got rid of their intra-conference transfer blocking rule after Ethan Garbers went on a crying campaign. Washington voted to get rid of it as well, it was unanimous. Almost all the schools did it unless it was going to be super bad pub because the kid is a crier or because they wanted to get rid of the deadweight anyway.

The NLI release is different from a transfer, it’s nothing the Pac-12 has control over. I have no idea why doogs are freaking out about the technicalities of this, they’ve salvaged the optics of the situation the best they could.
  • QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Member Posts: 3,059

theLSkid said:

TLDR as usual.

But the cock and balls you drew was actually kinda funny!
  • rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,009
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    In the long run, Tucker could be worth every penny of the fully guaranteed, $95 million deal. It would be way premature to make any definitive judgments.

ive popped in the tapes, seen all i need to, not sure i agree with this.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

In the long run, Tucker could be worth every penny of the fully guaranteed, $95 million deal. It would be way premature to make any definitive judgments.

ive popped in the tapes, seen all i need to, not sure i agree with this.

EWIWBI
  • NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Come take your seat at the dinner table. MSU’s head coach will be lucky to make it through the season.