Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Low Points for Husky coaches 1957-2021

2»

Comments

• AOGAOG Member Posts: 1,732
    edited September 2021
    If Montana goes on to win the FCS title, or at least far into the playoffs, if the Huskees bounce back, history might not remember this as the lowest point. For years I've followed small college football and this doesn't really surprise me,since FCS teams regularly beat FBS, D2 beats FCS, NAIA beats D2, etc etc. I think a lot of people put divisions into nice little boxes with borders, but the reality is much fuzzier
  • WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,339 Swaye's Wigwam
    AOG said:

If Montana goes on to win the FCS title, or at least far into the playoffs, if the Huskees bounce back, history might not remember this as the lowest point. For years I've followed small college football and this doesn't really surprise me,since FCS teams regularly beat FBS, D2 beats FCS, NAIA beats D2, etc etc. I think a lot of people put divisions into nice little boxes with borders, but the reality is much fuzzier

Playing FCS schools is whatever, but I've always said don't/stop scheduling Eastern and Montana and never schedule North Dakota State and I have no idea why schools still do. You SHOULD never lose to these schools but they are capable of beating any not well-functioning FBS team. Why not just schedule Idaho State, Idaho, Portland State or some other school like that and not worry about it?
  • LebamDawgLebamDawg Member Posts: 8,671 Standard Supporter
    Owens lost to Hawaii 10-7 in 72 or 73 and that was when Hawaii was division II or whatever they had back then
    Owens also lost to Oregon 58-0 and another UCLA loss was 62-10 maybe. Too lazy to look it up
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,821 Founders Club
    LebamDawg said:

Owens lost to Hawaii 10-7 in 72 or 73 and that was when Hawaii was division II or whatever they had back then
    Owens also lost to Oregon 58-0 and another UCLA loss was 62-10 maybe. Too lazy to look it up

73. My first year going to every game due to the parents separation

1 win season

58 to zip was that year too

UW won 66 to zip in 74.
  • AOGAOG Member Posts: 1,732

AOG said:

Playing FCS schools is whatever, but I've always said don't/stop scheduling Eastern and Montana and never schedule North Dakota State and I have no idea why schools still do. You SHOULD never lose to these schools but they are capable of beating any not well-functioning FBS team. Why not just schedule Idaho State, Idaho, Portland State or some other school like that and not worry about it?
    Well, it is a little more interesting to book a good team. If you get a mediocre FCS team you might as well have a game with tackling dummies.
    By the way the one win in 1973?

We beat Idaho
  • SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,968

SFGbob said:

2006 suddenly senior loss to Stanford

What's the back story on this? I've seen the reference a number of times but I don't know what it's referring to.

I’m sure I’ll miss some details as I’m doing this from memory. Last home game of the year Willingham announces maybe the night before that a handful of RS JRs will not be coming back next year and will be participating in senior day before the game. The team is visibly pissed off and clearly quit on him that day, those that hadn’t already quit on him anyway. They play the second most uninspired game I’ve ever seen and lose to a historically terrible Stanford team. Willingham is somehow allowed to coach for two more seasons. Husky football dies.
    Damn, how did I not already know this story. Thanks. Tyrone was a real piece of work.
  • CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,499
    Fucking MONTANA man. Makes every other loss look like a GOOD loss on that list.
  • rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,198

1. Jim Owens (1969) lost to UCLA 61-20
    2. Don James (1985) lost to Oregon State 21-20
    3. Jim Lambright (1994) Lost to Oregon 31-20 "The Pick"
    4. Rick Neuheisel (2001) Got prison raped at Miami 65-7
    5. Keith "Gilby" Gilbertson (2003) Lost to Nevada 28-17
    6. Tyrone Willingham (2008) Lost to WSU 16-13
    7. Steve Sarkisian (2012) lost to WSU 31-28
    8. Chris Petersen (2014) lost to Arizona 27-26
    9. Jimmy Lake (2021) Lost to FCS Montana 13-7

were there any non low points for ty? the az game?
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,617 Founders Club

LebamDawg said:

1 win season

UW won 66 to zip in 74.
    Just a FYI, they went 2-9 in '73
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,617 Founders Club

1. Jim Owens (1969) lost to UCLA 61-20
    2. Don James (1985) lost to Oregon State 21-20
    3. Jim Lambright (1994) Lost to Oregon 31-20 "The Pick"
    4. Rick Neuheisel (2001) Got prison raped at Miami 65-7
    5. Keith "Gilby" Gilbertson (2003) Lost to Nevada 28-17
    6. Tyrone Willingham (2008) Lost to WSU 16-13
    7. Steve Sarkisian (2012) lost to WSU 31-28
    8. Chris Petersen (2014) lost to Arizona 27-26
    9. Jimmy Lake (2021) Lost to FCS Montana 13-7

were there any non low points for ty? the az game?
    He beat Peterman 24-10

LebamDawg said:

1 win season

UW won 66 to zip in 74.
    Pup and I don't use Google

LebamDawg said:

1 win season

UW won 66 to zip in 74.
    Pup and I don't use Google
    Unfortunately it is all in my neurotic brain
  • CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,421 Swaye's Wigwam
    Imagine you're on the school yard and picking teams for football. One team picks the first 12 players. Then the second team picks 12 and decides they don't want to play. So another 9 players are picked for a third team.

And the 3rd team with a kid in a wheelchair beats the first team. Don't forget those kids are too poor to own water bottles.
  • LesGrossmanLesGrossman Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,477 Founders Club

By the way the one win in 1973?

We beat Idaho