Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

OOC Schedule Redux

2»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment blah
    Between AOG FS posts and Tailgaters usual TL;DR this thread doesn't deliver.

Anyways, was hoping with an adult at HC UW would go back to a REAL A-B-C schedule instead of three dreckfest schools.
  • Options
    TailgaterTailgater Member Posts: 1,389
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    I was hoping also, but with Woody's scheduling, it's obviously not going to happen. I guess I will now have to hope that some day the folks selecting the contenders for the four-team championship play-off will tell AQ schools and all others who wish to become AQ that games won against FCS cupcakes count as zero when selection time comes around. That I expect would speak to chicken-shit ADs louder even than money for softball.
  • Options

Tailpipe, I know you're worried about how coach 'feels' and all, but, I'm pretty sure Peterman knows he plays a Pac-12 schedule in a BCS power conference and doesn't give a flying fuck what the media (hi, Kim!) thinks about it

Sarktaster,...... Petersen is an adult football coach and I'm certain we'll never know what he truly thinks about getting ready to scrimmage with the likes of EWU, Portland state, Sac State, or Montana. As for playing the conference schedule, anybody who knows anything about bigtime college football understands that the Huskies are far better prepared for the Pac-12 by beating Michigan or Ohio State in Husky Stadium during the OOC preseason. If we want our team to soften itself up for conference play, feasting on FCS cupcakes is bound to help the cause. Also, it will get paying Dawgfans ready for giving tickets away and staying home while the weather is still nice.

• Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited March 2014
    tl, dr.

Can you post a cliff notes version?
  • Options
    ApostleofGriefApostleofGrief Member Posts: 3,904
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    UW has played EWU once, and barely won, getting killed actually in stats 2 to 1. EWU just got done beating a PAC-12 team last year. Oregon St. is respectable program. There is zero, none, zip, nada, nil reason to classify EWU as a cupcake. THere just isn't. If anything the game would be comparable to your typical San Jose St, Nevada, San Diego St, etc. It doesn't have anything to do with "if I am a UW fan, booster, or some other arrogant SOB".
  • Options
    DardanusDardanus Member Posts: 2,623
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

UW has played EWU once, and barely won, getting killed actually in stats 2 to 1. EWU just got done beating a PAC-12 team last year. Oregon St. is respectable program. There is zero, none, zip, nada, nil reason to classify EWU as a cupcake. THere just isn't. If anything the game would be comparable to your typical San Jose St, Nevada, San Diego St, etc. It doesn't have anything to do with "if I am a UW fan, booster, or some other arrogant SOB".

Those are cupcakes too.
  • Options

tl, dr.

This is why I rarely read his posts. Writes a fucking novel every damn time.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

tl, dr.

This is why I rarely read his posts. Writes a fucking novel every damn time.
    Tailgater is just the old man version of Tequila. PLSS is the medicated version of Tailgater.
  • Options
    THis year's OCC schedule is very, very lame, but I think the EWU game shouldn't be singled out in particular. Those other teams on there, Jesus Christ, could all be beaten by Eastern. The problem is that there is no notre dame, nebraska, or even like a tough midwest team on there.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

THis year's OCC schedule is very, very lame, but I think the EWU game shouldn't be singled out in particular. Those other teams on there, Jesus Christ, could all be beaten by Eastern. The problem is that there is no notre dame, nebraska, or even like a tough midwest team on there.

Probably your best post you've ever had.

• Options

tl, dr.

Never for you sarktaster

• Options
    uw2010uw2010 Member Posts: 940
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper

Probably your best post you've ever had.

Is it bad that I had to do a double-take because on first glance I thought you misspelled "post"?
  • Options

Not healthy to warm-up on an EWU cupcake and then expect to stay on the field with a Notre Dame or Nebraska. As a cupcake chucker, you probably wouldn't know that.

• Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Fuck you DNC ... plenty of my poasts stay under 50 words
  • Options
    It's not the words, but the counting he struggles with.
  • Options
    Tailgater said:

Not healthy to warm-up on an EWU cupcake and then expect to stay on the field with a Notre Dame or Nebraska. As a cupcake chucker, you probably wouldn't know that.

you are the naive one, if you think portland state is on a level with Eastern and Montana.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

Tailgater said:

you are the naive one, if you think portland state is on a level with Eastern and Montana.
    My Vikings GAVE the Eagles a win last season:
    http://www.goviks.com/boxscore.aspx?path=football&id=1191

Vooked It.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,064
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Tequilla said:

You are known for making brevity blush. Truly.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Tequilla said:

You've come a long way, but your hard earned reputation isn't going to be shed that easily.
  • Options

Tailgater said:

My Vikings GAVE the Eagles a win last season:
    http://www.goviks.com/boxscore.aspx?path=football&id=1191

Vooked It.
    They are good at that. Cost Cal their perfect season last year.