Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Hire Lane Kiffin

2»

Comments

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

I'm actually low-key fine with Tedford as HC. He turned around Cal and Fresno St. from total losers to great seasons. Recruited some great players in his career.

Has a rolodex.

Tedford knows offense. His time here was too short. And quite the bargain financially

This is deja vu to 2004 though. Tedford was at the top of my list. Cal was hanging 50 on us and almost going to the Rose Bowl

He was the coach who broke the 26 year losing streak to UW
    First post I ever read from a mysterious Oski fan named @BearsWiin was mocking Chris Fetters for thinking UW was going to be able to steal Jeff Tedford.

Tim is a flat circle.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,084
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

I'm actually low-key fine with Tedford as HC. He turned around Cal and Fresno St. from total losers to great seasons. Recruited some great players in his career.

Has a rolodex.

Tedford knows offense. His time here was too short. And quite the bargain financially

This is deja vu to 2004 though. Tedford was at the top of my list. Cal was hanging 50 on us and almost going to the Rose Bowl

He was the coach who broke the 26 year losing streak to UW
    First post I ever read from a mysterious Oski fan named @BearsWiin was mocking Chris Fetters for thinking UW was going to be able to steal Jeff Tedford.

Tim is a flat circle.
    I recall posting that Tedford was auditioning at Husky Stadium for the Husky job

The joke is on @BearsWiin . Tedford ended up here
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,751
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Graham Harrell seen at SeaTac.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,669
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    edited September 2021
    IF Cohen were to fire Jimmy after this season (she won't, and we don't want her making that decision), UW would go out and hire KKKliff KKKingsbury fresh off of being fired by Arizona after going 7 - 10 this season. Sark 2.0.
  • Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729

IF Cohen were to fire Jimmy after this season (she won't, and we don't want her making that decision), UW would go out and hire KKKliff KKKingsbury fresh off of being fired by Arizona after going 7 - 10 this season. Sark 2.0.

Sark would be an upgrade
  • Options
    doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    HFNY said:

We could do a lot worse than Bobby Hauck or Jeff Choate.

We did.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,994
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

HFNY said:

We could do a lot worse than Bobby Hauck or Jeff Choate.

And probably will

This is why I'm not even excited about the coach search anymore. Why settle on garbage to replace garbage. If we aren't going to blow everyone away then give Bob Gregory his shot. I kid

Hauck was probably them most hated Rick assistant and the most successful. Low bar

I don't know about Choate. At all.

I'll tell you how it will go here

Why don't we hire (someone great)

He won't come here we can't afford him upper campus would never hire him

Why don't we hire (someone who sucks)

He sucks
    They will hire David Shaw.
    My bot brain would go into meltdown

I really think he's a really good coach but his results haven't kept up

If we? didn't see him play UW every year no one would like the hire

When they were winning the conference they always dropped a game or two that would keep them out of the playoffs which hurts the league

Kind of like UW this year
    He has been stealing money for a few years now. Burn out is my suspicion. Their program looks very similar to uw at the moment and both coaches seem to think they are always the smartest in the room