Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

TSIO - Play Huard

Rewatched the abomination this morning.
No touch, threw behind receivers.

This is the kind of decision a real football program makes.
Baptize that lefty in the Big House.

Yes, way more is wrong than the QB, but Morris played like garbage last night.

Comments

• Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,069
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

I’d be entering the portal if I was Sam. This program is fucking toast.

Quite honestly I would as well. Complete dumpster fire. Funny thing is can you imagine this place even 5 years ago if we did that? It would be pitch forks time. Outside of Tommy and Fudgie is obvious nobody around here even gave two fucks. When you can't even get Halfbrains to passionately hate you anymore, you know it's over. Half full stadiums are special Jen. Burn it all down. NOGAF anymore.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,930
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    I didn't watch but this is systemic. Fake sucks. It's clear now, and deep down CoHEN knows it, but won't do anything because of woke fags, budget, buyouts etc.

Huard is a true freshman. He's probably going to struggle.

I've never rooted for my teams to lose, but I'm to that point now. It's going to take three or fewer wins to get rid of this clown and hopefully Jenny goes too as well as fat dyke prezz (yeah right)
  • Options
    RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,332
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

I didn't watch but this is systemic. Fake sucks. It's clear now, and deep down CoHEN knows it, but won't do anything because of woke fags, budget, buyouts etc.

I've never rooted for my teams to lose, but I'm to that point now. It's going to take three or fewer wins to get rid of this clown and hopefully Jenny goes too as well as fat dyke prezz (yeah right)

Well how do you really feel Bill? So things seemed weird when Pete inexplicably promoted Lake to co-defensive coordinator. I wondered at the time if it was an effort to simply keep a good and popular assistant. Was he being forced to make that promotion? Is Lake just incompetent, or like Willingham was, incompetent and arrogant?
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,930
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    RoadTrip said:

Well how do you really feel Bill? So things seemed weird when Pete inexplicably promoted Lake to co-defensive coordinator. I wondered at the time if it was an effort to simply keep a good and popular assistant. Was he being forced to make that promotion? Is Lake just incompetent, or like Willingham was, incompetent and arrogant?
    It was a lazy hire but a lot of people accepted it, and then there was the scamdemic distraction three or four months later that shielded them from scrutiny for a year and half.

I don't follow recruits like I used to, but it sounds bad and I know the rankings aren't great. It's a fireable offense. Losing to Big Sky trash is for Cougars.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 42,086
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited September 2021
    RoadTrip said:

Lots of large egos lobby for the promotion of the loyal but dumb assistant so that it props up their status.

Lake failing makes Peterson look like a Mt. Rushmore kind of coach in Montlake.

Have seen this move more than once.

• Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,816
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Playing Huard is basically the last desperate card Jimmy has to hit on a miracle …

That’s not going to be enough

Starting Huard early will lose the team

I’m sure Huard’s improved since the Spring but he was way behind Morris the last I saw them
  • Options
    trubluetrublue Member Posts: 3,042
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    edited September 2021

It was obvious Oregon’s team was going to have a disastrous season in 2016. After a few games, Oregon baptized true freshman Justin Herbert into the fire. He was a lightly recruited local 3* QB who didn’t bother to focus solely on football in high school and do the camp circuit. He played football, basketball and baseball, even as a senior. Didn’t graduate early.

He came in, learned the playbook and was opening eyes in practice.

Give Morris a couple more games . . . then
    accept reality and make the move.
  • Options
    DoogieMcDoogersonDoogieMcDoogerson Member Posts: 2,482
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Why didn't be play last night?

I'll take my answer off the air

Because Lake is like Peterson and is loyal to upper grads, especially on O. He relies on defense and plays not to lose on offense just like Peterson. When you play not to lose on O, you go with experienced lower upside players. Yeah I know he started Brownsocks his Freshman year, but time and time again, we saw older players who were less talented (especially on the O side of the ball, playing ahead of younger more talented players. Midget wide receivers as the prime example.
  • Options
    DoogieMcDoogersonDoogieMcDoogerson Member Posts: 2,482
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Tequilla said:

Playing Huard is basically the last desperate card Jimmy has to hit on a miracle …

I’m sure Huard’s improved since the Spring but he was way behind Morris the last I saw them

Well, your pick threw 3 picks and made 1 downfield pass to a TE late in the game. Threw behind on a bunch of throws and showed no touch. Biggest problem is he can't throw a deep ball (couldn't last year either) and that dooms this offense. Don't give me any shit about lack of receivers. The receivers honestly weren't the biggest part of the problem. Fucking hot garbage QB play.
  • Options
    thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 5,638
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
  • Options
    coach_pete_JPGcoach_pete_JPG Member Posts: 1,203
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Huard isn't ready as has gotten very few first-team reps. You would be setting him up to fail.

Sounds like a well oiled machine Jimmy has got here
  • Options
    AOGAOG Member Posts: 1,509
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    No more Huards
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,069
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Tequilla said:

This. Don't ruin this kid just for some hail mary chance at success.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,072
    Swaye's Wigwam
    So our 5 star can't beat out Morris

Awesome
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,816
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

So our 5 star can't beat out Morris

Awesome

Effectively losing a year of development is kind of a big deal
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,072
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Welcome to Husky football
  • Options
    QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Member Posts: 3,147
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Tequilla said:

Huard=Bruns