Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Phil Bleenor says extend Romar now!

DugtheDoogDugtheDoog Member Posts: 3,180
5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
edited March 2014 in Hardcore Husky Board
His contract through 2020 isn't enough. I know if I was an AD and my basketball coach didn't make the tournament for 3 straight years the first thing I would do is lock him up for the next 10-12 years. FleenorFuckingStupid.

Oh and then he comes on and says his sources indicate Ken Bone will get fired. Ya fucking think?

PS. Aubby shows his true colors and says we need to keep Romar

Comments

• Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    My god? where's dickus when you need him
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

His contract through 2020 isn't enough. I know if I was an AD and my basketball coach didn't make the tournament for 3 straight years the first thing I would do is lock him up for the next 10-12 years. FleenorFuckingStupid.

Oh and then he comes on and says his sources indicate Ken Bone will get fired. Ya fucking think?

He has a contract until 2020 and Bleenor wants to extend him? That's bad, even for him.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Where did Butler Cabin say this? The boreds?

I can't wait until we win 11 regular season games next year during the football season. I wonder if he'll actually make good on his claim to donate $10k to the AD in my name if that happens. Something tells me that he'll forget he ever said that.
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    bleenor is fucking amazing. I am actually loving Bleenor! #SummerOfGeorge
  • Options
    fivehundredmileDAWGfivehundredmileDAWG Member Posts: 1,210
    Name Dropper 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
  • Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,802
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Tequilla said:

Where did Butler Cabin say this? The boreds?

I can't wait until we win 11 regular season games next year during the football season. I wonder if he'll actually make good on his claim to donate $10k to the AD in my name if that happens. Something tells me that he'll forget he ever said that.

Something tells me that you didn't get all the screen shots you need.
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Romar should hire Bone back on as an assistant.

It'd be the Christian thing to do.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Fire him and replace him with who? Then what? Huh?
  • Options
    SandyHookerSandyHooker Member Posts: 343
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Name Dropper Testing 1
    I agree. People talk about the lack of fan interest as if that is all about Romar, but mediocre fan support has always defined Husky basketball and much more so before Romar. 9-9 conference finishes don't land successful Husky basketball coaches on the hot seat much less fired. When you have a period of poor local talent in addition to a season dealing with injuries and illnesses, most coaches UW has had or could hire would not have managed to finish with a .500 conference mark.

Traditionally, finishing around .500 in conference is far from a low point for other Husky coaches and I strongly suspect that will be the case again after Romar retires. Another tradition at UW is that basketball fans are often slow to ramp up support for all but the best select few Husky teams and quickly lose interest in the average or worse Husky teams. Certainly not a sign of a program that is at a level that deserves or can expect to hire a coach that can produce better sustained success than Romar.

With his new assistants and some better local talent, Romar is the best hope to get the basketball program back among the top teams in the conference.
  • Options
    I love this argument too. Zach Levine sure sucked. And I'm sure glad we signed Dorsey over Shaquan Aaron. The no local talent myth.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Pawz - no screen shots.

He said it in chat in front of numerous people ...

I'd actually be more impressed in him if he tried to back out of it after the fact than if he actually held to his word.
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    I thought for sure this was a parody thread, but the ole sycophant was dead serious huh? Again, him and his ilk at DM do not care one iota about the success of the program. Not one. It's all about access to the program and stroking their 12-year-old fragile egos.

This reminds me when Todd TurnerFS wanted to extend Ty after 2006.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Even if you are the biggest Romar dick sucker, there is no point to extend him. He has 6 years left on his contract. I can't believe this was a real thread. I wish Dickus was here because I don't want to have to read people agreeing with Fleenor.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

Even if you are the biggest Romar dick sucker, there is no point to extend him. He has 6 years left on his contract. I can't believe this was a real thread. I wish Dickus was here because I don't want to have to read people agreeing with Fleenor.

Extending him for a decade is what got us into this mess in the first place, and Fleenor cheerleaded it every step of the way. When the extension came down I was still a Romar fan and even I didn't understand why you'd give him a ten year extension. Shades of Notre Dame extending Charlie Weis early, except at least in their case they had reason to believe they were keeping him from jumping ship. Romar was never going anywhere.

• Options
    SteveInSheltonSteveInShelton Member Posts: 1,611
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited March 2014
    Which coaches in the Pac-12 are worse than Romar, aside from the obvious Craig Robinson, Ken Bone, and Andy Enfield... is Romar really a bottom tier Pac-12 coach now?

It shouldn't be hard to find a better coach. Tad Boyle wasn't a huge name and is on the brink of sending Colorado to their 3rd straight tourney appearance despite losing their best player this year.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

Which coaches in the Pac-12 are worse than Romar, aside from the obvious Craig Robinson, Ken Bone, and Andy Enfield... is Romar really a bottom tier Pac-12 coach now?

It shouldn't be hard to find a better coach. Tad Boyle wasn't a huge name and is on the brink of sending Colorado to their 3rd straight tourney appearance despite losing their best player this year.

Are we sure Enfield is worse?

• Options
    chrisvashonchrisvashon Member Posts: 627
    First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    HE HAS 6 YEARS LEFT ON HIS CONTRACT. Oh my fucking god, Phil. Ask Puppylove for some med recommendations.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

HE HAS 6 YEARS LEFT ON HIS CONTRACT. Oh my fucking god, Phil. Ask Puppylove for some med recommendations.

3 8-balls a day is the prescription.
  • Options
    You guys have no idea how hard it is to recruit kids when you can't guarantee you will be the coach 3 years after they graduate college. That is actually what's hindering the program.