Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

710 Radio is doing great

2»

Comments

• DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,616 Founders Club

Mike Salk is so unlikable

That's the perfect adjective
  • godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,451 Founders Club

So great that they had to fire one of their most recent hires, Paul Gallant, and he is being replaced with who other else than... Mike Salk to "save the numbers". Listeners have never been higher!

I used to listen to 710 all the time. but when they fired Jim Moore and hired Gallant, that did it for me and i stopped completely. I love Danny but Gallant was awful. And as he gained confidence he became kind of insufferable
    How do you get rid of Danny but keep Heaps and Stelton? Dave Wyman seems like a good person, but five hours a day of him making excuses for the Seahawks? Yikes.
    Heaps check the box of being inexpensive, as does Stacy along with being the right gender. Stelton is fine imo.

Danny and Gallant had no chance of ever working being they were on different coasts.
  • doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    This is the Cuog flagship station yes?
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member Posts: 11,236
    So we can expect even more hot Mariners/MLB talk that NOGAF about every morning with Salk coming back? The guy is insufferable. Also shits on UW whenever he gets a chance.

The Jimmy Lake Show is at 6 pm today on KJR if anybody is interested.
  • JoeyJoey Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,589 Founders Club

Mike Salk is so unlikable

That's the perfect adjective
    He has a condition known as RDF… Resting Dick Face
  • MelloDawgMelloDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,556 Swaye's Wigwam
    edited September 2021
    I didn’t mind Salk when he first started, helped that Brock was with him. However, he then shit on KIRO and left for Boston’s drive time show, clearly ruffled feathers over there and got the boot, then came back here for the program director job at Bonneville, only to now up-end the morning show for a 4 hour solo gig where there will be no counterpoint.

• PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,624 Swaye's Wigwam
    What dirt does Salk have on this radio station? The guy couldnt make it in his hometown market, comes back here and runs the place? Pretty powerful blackmail
  • Edwin_BambinoEdwin_Bambino Member Posts: 2,943
    edited September 2021

What dirt does Salk have on this radio station? The guy couldnt make it in his hometown market, comes back here and runs the place? Pretty powerful blackmail

I used to listen to Brock and Salk show a few years ago. Mostly for Brock, didn’t mind Danny O’Neill, didn’t love him, enjoyed his sports takes but didn’t find his humor very funny. But I HATED Salk, eventually stopped listening completely because of him. Crazy he’s now the guy that’s supposed to bring in numbers. He’s a baseball guy from fucking New England who enjoys trashing college football and the huskies specifically, a perfect combo for a city with the fairly rabid UW and WSU college football fan base and a perennially shit (they won’t make the playoffs this year don’t waste your time) MLB team!
  • Edwin_BambinoEdwin_Bambino Member Posts: 2,943
    edited September 2021

I used to listen to Brock and Salk show a few years ago. Mostly for Brock, didn’t mind Danny O’Neill, didn’t love him, enjoyed his sports takes but didn’t find his humor very funny. But I HATED Salk, eventually stopped listening completely because of him. Crazy he’s now the guy that’s supposed to bring in numbers. He’s a baseball guy from fucking New England who enjoys trashing college football and the huskies specifically, a perfect combo for a city with the fairly rabid UW and WSU college football fan base and a perennially shit (they won’t make the playoffs this year don’t waste your time) MLB team!
    “For a New England kid, it was the opportunity of a lifetime. Instead, barely a year later, he’s headed back to Seattle as a program director and host at his former station, ESPN 710.

Salk is from here, but it never seemed that way on the air. One local host once referred to him as Diane Chambers, the pretentious outcast amid the barroom family on “Cheers.” Frasier Crane may be more fitting. This is his home, but his professional home is Seattle.“

From a Boston Globe article about his departure from whatever gig he had over there. Ironically as a 206 native I would say the same about Salk in Seattle. He lives here sure, but his home is Boston.
  • Ice_HolmvikIce_Holmvik Member Posts: 2,912
    Fuck Salk. He should donate 60% of his pay to Brock for making him noticeable.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,616 Founders Club
    This is a recipe for disaster. Mind you, I'm not wishing for them to fail.
  • LaZorisLaZoris Member Posts: 1,691 Standard Supporter
    4 fucking hours of that sorryass every morning?
  • BeerThirtyBeerThirty Member Posts: 2,465
    I just deleted 710 from my radio speed dial
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,713 Standard Supporter
    Pouring out a 40 for New York Vinnie and the Fabulous Sports Babe - the last time Seattle sports talk radio was halfway listenable.

Pouring out a 40 for New York Vinnie and the Fabulous Sports Babe - the last time Seattle sports talk radio was halfway listenable.

I got interviewed by New York Vinnie right before he got let go.
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member Posts: 11,236

The T-Man on late-night KJR was the best ever. He basically didn't talk about sports and would just ask women callers about their breastisisisissis. Tried calling in once and the producer laughed and said "sorry kid, you're too young."