Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Travell Dixon on the difference between then, and now.

PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
edited March 2014 in Hardcore Husky Board
"They (current DBs Coach Jimmy Lake and former DBs coach) are both good, but I feel like Coach Lake has tons of different techniques to develop you as an NFL corner. I feel like that’s what he’s doing with us. Different techniques to help us succeed."

Comments

• Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,183
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Dixon is terrible...if he's a starting corner we're f-ed.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,629
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    HuskyJW said:

Dixon is terrible...if he's a starting corner we're f-ed.

I thought Heyward was a good coach that helped a couple of guys, most notably Trufant. WTF did I really know though? Maybe Trufant just figured something out on his own and Peters is really just that naturally gifted.

It's an old lesson that some of us dumb fucks have to keep learning. The head coach is the one that matters. Judging assistants is stupid.

Maybe Dixon will come around? Wouldn't be that surprising.
  • Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,183
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Maybe.....he looked slow and totally confused to me though. Maybe he just didn't know what he was doing under Heyward's leadership
  • Options
    90sHuskyFan90sHuskyFan Member Posts: 215
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    Vegasdawg said:

New head coach and system, maybe some of the duds will turn into superstars. We have former duds who went on to the NFL after escaping Husky coaching.

True... But slightly more accurate to say that we have Huskies who have gone to the league IN SPITE OF our recent coaching staff.
  • Options
    allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Seriously, who the fuck is Travell Dixon?
  • Options
    CaptainPJCaptainPJ Member Posts: 2,986
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

Maybe Trufant worked out and learned something from his brother.

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment blah
    Wait, I was told this last defensive coaching staff was amazing.

Is that not true? HHB's were right again? Shocking.
  • Options
    puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    A 6-2 dude with wheels? Would you rather have a 5-9 whitey with wagon wheels like Brendan Jones at safety? I hope that's where they stick Dixon. His pipe dream of corner is plugged shut and he can't walk. His eligibility is up . Think Dashon Gold$on (same hair)) This team is in serious trouble on the back end. Gold$on tried corner at UW but made a fortune at safety.
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,524
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    I'm surprised that Kelly and/or Enewally aren't ahead of Dixon based off of what I've read.

Dixon will be a RS-SR though and maybe the light is coming on and he jives with Lake better. I thought Heyward was a massive improvement over Martin so could Lake be even better?

I just don't see Dixon moving from CB to Safety unless we move a Safety to CB. We have a ton of free-safeties on the roster and coming in but who will be our 2nd corner and starting SS?

At least pretty much everyone is back from our front 7 and Peters is back as the #1 corner.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited March 2014
    HFNY said:

I'm surprised that Kelly and/or Enewally aren't ahead of Dixon based off of what I've read.

Dixon will be a RS-SR though and maybe the light is coming on and he jives with Lake better. I thought Heyward was a massive improvement over Martin so could Lake be even better?

I just don't see Dixon moving from CB to Safety unless we move a Safety to CB. We have a ton of free-safeties on the roster and coming in but who will be our 2nd corner and starting SS?

At least pretty much everyone is back from our front 7 and Peters is back as the #1 corner.

I don't think it matters right now. Shirley and Andrew Hudson are running with the 1's at DE. Kikaha is running with the 2's even though he had 13 sacks last year. I bet Timu won't run with the 1's until fall camp. The OL has Tufunga and Atoe on the first team right now.

I do think that some players who were buried are rejuvenated. Some probably hated being 2nd and third string, hated Sark and the coaches which in turn made them give a shit effort. On the flip side, some first teamers are probably upset they have to prove themselves all over to a new coaching staff. There will be a couple surprises with the line ups. Dixon very well could be a guy who was written off and becomes a productive player this season. I would like to think he has some talent if Alabama offered him.

• Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,524
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    This will definitely be a spring game to watch. Last year's was a total joke.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    HFNY said:

CHRIST
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

HFNY said:

CHRIST
    Hey, he was 1 for 2 in that poast. Tony Wroten's FT shooting is impressed.

• Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Sounds like the players are buying in. Will everyone be staying in seattle all summer.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    beelzebub said:

Just once i want to hear a player say current coaches suck bring back old ones.
    Rinse, lather repeat...

1993 and 2003 you probably heard a lot of that.

Not directly in print but strong hint.
  • Options

Sounds like the players are buying in. Will everyone be staying in seattle all summer.

The players have spoken about the difference between Petermen 2014 and Dude Brah 2013.