Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Haener

Comments

• Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    ntxduck said:

TommySQC said:

EwaDawg said:

Fresno HEAT

That fucking HAS TO BE photoshopped. JFC.
    who doesn't grab some Mom titty. Christ quit acting like everyone doesn't do it.
    It’s normal in the profession to keep a little mom titty in your desk drawer
    Specially for UW alumni
  • Options
    KrunkJuiceKrunkJuice Member Posts: 2,046
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

Why the fuck did Petersen ever recruit this guy.

Petersen QB recruits are so shitty.

I don't think he ever had a recruited QB drafted. Coached 13-14 years.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,235
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

I don't get the hatred toward the guy. But that's fine.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,235
    Founders Club

I was never mad that he transferred. I was not that mad that he was put into a pretty shitty situation at Cal and fucked up. What soured me was him transferring the minute he lost the job to Eason. He wasn't going to play at Fresno in 2019 anyway. Just stick around and see what happens. One injury and you're the guy. Ball out in those games and then the next year you are the favorite to be the starter. If Eason does stay healthy and you don't think you can beat Morris, Sirmon or Garbers or you feel you won't get a fair shake from the new OC then go. I can get behind that. I feel he left the team high and dry a week before the first game and that's kind of a shitty thing to do to your teammates.
    I agree with all of that, unless they got to the end of fall camp and he realized that it was bullshit and Eason was going to start no matter what.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,643
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

I was never mad that he transferred. I was not that mad that he was put into a pretty shitty situation at Cal and fucked up. What soured me was him transferring the minute he lost the job to Eason. He wasn't going to play at Fresno in 2019 anyway. Just stick around and see what happens. One injury and you're the guy. Ball out in those games and then the next year you are the favorite to be the starter. If Eason does stay healthy and you don't think you can beat Morris, Sirmon or Garbers or you feel you won't get a fair shake from the new OC then go. I can get behind that. I feel he left the team high and dry a week before the first game and that's kind of a shitty thing to do to your teammates.
    I agree with all of that, unless they got to the end of fall camp and he realized that it was bullshit and Eason was going to start no matter what.
    That's what it looks like in hindsight and it was suspect at the time too. Haener outplayed Eason in camp but it didn't matter. Eason was the guy the moment he came to UW. The fact that he checked down more and threw fewer picks just gave Pete an excuse. Haener probably would have put up more yards and more TDs than Eason to go with all the picks.

I dont blame him for ditching if that was the situation.
  • Options
    Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,609
    First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes

More a statement about how Petersen never recruited any good QBs. Imagine taking the field with Haener as your starter. Imagine seeing a guy like Haener take a starting snap for USC, Ohio St....

Petersen was just such a bad offensive coach.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited September 2021

More a statement about how Petersen never recruited any good QBs. Imagine taking the field with Haener as your starter. Imagine seeing a guy like Haener take a starting snap for USC, Ohio St....

Beat Okie with a statue of liberty play and then pop off.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,720
    Swaye's Wigwam
    chuck said:

Too bad that didn't fail. Might have saved us from the pass to Wooching or Browning on the option
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,475

chuck said:

Too bad that didn't fail. Might have saved us from the pass to Wooching or Browning on the option
    But we would've missed Marvin Hall having more passing TDs than receiving TDs while at UW
  • Options
    Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,609
    First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    chuck said:

And yet he spent the rest of his career trying to downplay that play.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

And yet he spent the rest of his career trying to downplay that play.
    Did he prefer the hook and ladder that preceded it and put them in position to win? I'd actually have to agree with him on that.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Gladstone said:

As chuck of HIV fame said, Haener's camp felt strongly they beat Eason to win the job fair and square. They were extremely pissed and the transfer needed to happen for team chemistry reasons by that point. I think that whole episode contributed to Pete's decision to quit. Not the catalyst obviously but not insignificant either.

I think it did too. He compromised his values for talent and it got him 8-5.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,720
    Swaye's Wigwam
    As the world turns stuff here

But why is UW a soft program
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Gladstone said:

As chuck of HIV fame said, Haener's camp felt strongly they beat Eason to win the job fair and square. They were extremely pissed and the transfer needed to happen for team chemistry reasons by that point. I think that whole episode contributed to Pete's decision to quit. Not the catalyst obviously but not insignificant either.

Having Fuller and Baccellia play 90 percent of all offensive downs gave Pete plenty of time to practice his values.
    As pathetic as it is, there was possibly nobody better. Bowling Green and Portland St WR’s aren’t better than Fuller. Bynum should have supplanted Opera singer long before.
  • Options
    theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,589
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

Gladstone said:

Having Fuller and Baccellia play 90 percent of all offensive downs gave Pete plenty of time to practice his values.
    As pathetic as it is, there was possibly nobody better. Bowling Green and Portland St WR’s aren’t better than Fuller. Bynum should have supplanted Opera singer long before.
    Agree on Bynum over Opera. They had Fuller, Puka and Bynum. That was enough play making paired with Bryant and Otton to win big and have a really good offense. If you were worried about Puka’s knowledge of the scheme then you should have been worried about what you were calling at a base level. He was that guy to take the top off. There was a good reason Jimmy didn’t retain Hamdan.