Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

ZTF ready to go week one

Comments

• FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    What?? Less than 6 months Jesus
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,616 Founders Club
    Modern medicine is amazing
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    chuck said:

I suppose it's similar to ligament reconstruction. The graft is strongest right after surgery, softens for a bit, but really heals up quick. Rehab is about restoring muscle and healing from the collateral trauma of the injury and surgery.. Surgery has advanced so much that the impact and healing time are less than half of what I endured 30 years ago. Football players have advanced technology and trained therapists available that minimize lost muscle mass, flexibility etc.

So I guess I'm not surprised. I expect to see ZTF on the field by mid season based on what we've been reading.

This is very true.
  • 1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,546 Swaye's Wigwam
    The poster BleachedAnusDawg makes a good point.
  • FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,744

chuck said:

I suppose it's similar to ligament reconstruction. The graft is strongest right after surgery, softens for a bit, but really heals up quick. Rehab is about restoring muscle and healing from the collateral trauma of the injury and surgery.. Surgery has advanced so much that the impact and healing time are less than half of what I endured 30 years ago. Football players have advanced technology and trained therapists available that minimize lost muscle mass, flexibility etc.

So I guess I'm not surprised. I expect to see ZTF on the field by mid season based on what we've been reading.

I remember in the early 2010’s when a UW player would tear and ACL and be out practically two seasons. Doogs on dawgman we’re always hyping up UW medicine and thinking we had an advantage and the prestige of the medical school would have our guy’s back quickly.

Meanwhile guys in the NFL like Adrian Peterson were good to go after six months.
    Well AP is a freak and he was the first to come back so quickly.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,821 Founders Club

chuck said:

I remember in the early 2010’s when a UW player would tear and ACL and be out practically two seasons. Doogs on dawgman we’re always hyping up UW medicine and thinking we had an advantage and the prestige of the medical school would have our guy’s back quickly.

Meanwhile guys in the NFL like Adrian Peterson were good to go after six months.
    Who was the kid from Georgia who played for the Niners that didn't have an ACL?

• DoogerMcFarlandDoogerMcFarland Member Posts: 743

chuck said:

Marcus Lattimore?
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,041 Founders Club

chuck said:

Marcus Lattimore?
    Yup except he played at South Carolina.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,821 Founders Club
    I was thinking Garrison Hearst but I think I imagined the injury
  • thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 6,062

Modern medicine is amazing

Privatized healthcare is amazing, so long as the systems providing such care don’t get too big.

In the UK if you’re over 50 and need an ACL repair they tell you too bad.

But yeah….6mo post op on an Achilles repair is incredible.
  • thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 6,062

chuck said:

John Elway played his entire career without an ACL in his left knee. Tore it his junior year of HS and elected not to have surgery and just taped it down with a brace and went back out there until he was 38 years old.

Retired as reigning SB MVP and the all time wins leader as a starting QB.