Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Good thing Grumble isn't alive to see this

RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,474 Founders Club
https://indystar.com/story/sports/college/2021/08/23/notre-dame-defends-fighting-irish-leprechaun-mascot-ranked-offensive/8249420002/

Notre Dame's Fighting Irish leprechaun is the fourth-most offensive college football mascot in the nation, according to a new survey. The top three most offensive mascots, the survey says, wear face paint, headdresses and are culturally insensitive to Native Americans.

When presented with the survey results by IndyStar, Notre Dame emailed a response that included a written statement defending the leprechaun and highlighting its history.

Florida State has permission but still

Comments

• CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,898 Founders Club
    I highly doubt native Hawaiians are up in arms over UH’s mascot.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,474 Founders Club
    I always assumed it was a joke to say - yeah but what about the Irish - when the Washington Redskin Potatoes came up

Are any Irish actually offended and would we care if they are?
  • 1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,523 Swaye's Wigwam
    What!? How is a leprechaun offensive? Offensive to leprechauns?
  • HuskyJWHuskyJW Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,334 Swaye's Wigwam

I always assumed it was a joke to say - yeah but what about the Irish - when the Washington Redskin Potatoes came up

Do the Irish have feelings?
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,474 Founders Club
  • doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072

I highly doubt native Hawaiians are up in arms over UH’s mascot.

Why would they be?

• PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,526 Standard Supporter

Like we say, fuck off.

• DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,357 Founders Club

What say you @IrishDawg22?

• RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    Max Kellerman’s quote in the article makes me happy he was demoted at ESPN.

I defended him when he got studiously suspended for admitting when he was 20, he slapped his now wife in a drunken argument. Somehow he got suspended 25 years later for admitting that. Meanwhile, ESPN would happily let Charlie Sheen sit in the booth a few innings and let Lil Wayne go on the hot take morning shows. I had no problem with Charlie Sheen or Lil Wayne either, but it showed the hypocrisy of ESPN.

Nobody that actually watches football is offended by The Fighting Irish and a Leprechaun. Kellerman is a huge pussy for the comment.
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member Posts: 11,151

Max Kellerman’s quote in the article makes me happy he was demoted at ESPN.

I defended him when he got studiously suspended for admitting when he was 20, he slapped his now wife in a drunken argument. Somehow he got suspended 25 years later for admitting that. Meanwhile, ESPN would happily let Charlie Sheen sit in the booth a few innings and let Lil Wayne go on the hot take morning shows. I had no problem with Charlie Sheen or Lil Wayne either, but it showed the hypocrisy of ESPN.

Nobody that actually watches football is offended by The Fighting Irish and a Leprechaun. Kellerman is a huge pussy for the comment.

Kellerman is the worst personality on that network.