Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member Posts: 11,236
    dnc said:

TommySQC said:

Sark said the same shit.

Pussies in the Seattle media never held him accountable

Why I said bookmark it.

Vorel seems much more likely to hold someone to their past statements than anyone we?ve ever had in a key media position before.

Protect Mike Vorel at all costs.
    He has to have his eyes set on a raise soon. I can't imagine he covers UW for more than another 1-2 seasons.
  • HuskyJWHuskyJW Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,363 Swaye's Wigwam
    Contending and playing for are two different things

Most everyone is always in contention
  • bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 15,131
    "Should" is a strong qualifier here
  • dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,854 Swaye's Wigwam
    So how does this guarantee occur with the 5th best recruiting class in the pac12…
  • SourcesSources Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,973 Founders Club
    Did he mention anything about recruiting every year?
  • godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,451 Founders Club
    To win the North, your competition is the library aka Stanford, and Eugene Oregon. Not exactly a gauntlet. Even the rest of the South has SC to get through where even a competent coach should win that division 7 out of 10 years.

Jimmy is exactly right, but after last and this years recruiting class, I think it's going to be a tall order to even do that in a couple of years.

Like the bravado. Time will tell if he can back it up.
  • GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,163
    So he's 0-2 so far
  • doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    Sounds like Mike Vorel shares the same standard of excellence for Husky football as the members of @HardcoreHusky
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,821 Founders Club
    Is there any money in "sports writing" anymore anywhere? The days of the Manhattan living Ivy League educated Sports Illustrated writer are behind us now. News papers are dead and no one wants to pay for anything online.

Anyone with half a brain and access to a computer is a sports writer now.

That's not a slam on Vorel. His tweet game is strong which is the skill set of the day

I just don't know who will offer him buckets of money
  • largemargelargemarge Guest, Member Posts: 72
    Win 11 games or get thee fuck out
  • huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,363 Swaye's Wigwam
    Per my Alpha DDJ orders I can't speak ill will of Vorel.

• hardhathardhat Member Posts: 8,343

Is there any money in "sports writing" anymore anywhere? The days of the Manhattan living Ivy League educated Sports Illustrated writer are behind us now. News papers are dead and no one wants to pay for anything online.

Anyone with half a brain and access to a computer is a sports writer now.

That's not a slam on Vorel. His tweet game is strong which is the skill set of the day

I just don't know who will offer him buckets of money

I bet Royal Brougham's twitter game would be pretty good.