Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

ScoopDuck previews the Washington Huskies

Comments

• CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,041 Founders Club
  • JoeyJoey Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,589 Founders Club
  • ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,609
    Oh how we love our wonderful ducks
  • bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 15,131
    Lol. He starts off by admitting he doesn't know much about UWs roster. Then he says they will lose games because they don't have depth due to Jimmy Lake's recruiting woes. Yeah, the true freshman guys are going to doom us
  • BroadcastingDawgBroadcastingDawg Member Posts: 1,355
    edited August 2021
    This reads like it’s written by a freshman in college who is 2 weeks into a sports writing class.

Also, “because I’m a duck, it means that I can’t stay neutral about the Huskies, but neither can Seattle sports media when it comes to the ducks.”

That’s some Eugene level reasoning for sure ha
  • thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 6,062
    He’s the fucking worst.

But then there’s Kim/Fetters/Eklund

And of course, Ruth.

JFC what a dreckfest
  • JoeyJoey Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,589 Founders Club
    thechatch said:

He’s the fucking worst.

But then there’s Kim/Fetters/Eklund

And of course, Ruth.

JFC what a dreckfest

At least Ruth and Scoduck won’t wash the balls of players on another team like Doogman will. The Penei Sewell love fest they had was insufferable
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,950 Swaye's Wigwam
    That was as useless as huskymaven. He felt the need to answer Ryan Leaf for predicting 12-0. He then admits (and then demonstrates) that he has no knowledge of the Huskies that would qualify him to write anything at all about them aside from the recruiting woes. But he goes ahead and writes a long, substanceless..."analysis"?

*We have Vorel and Caple. How the fuck have the TBS related sites made it this far without getting some knowledgeable, reasonably skilled writers on board? What a weird business.
  • ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,609
    chuck said:

That was as useless as huskymaven. He felt the need to answer Ryan Leaf for predicting 12-0. He then admits (and then demonstrates) that he has no knowledge of the Huskies that would qualify him to write anything at all about them aside from the recruiting woes. But he goes ahead and writes a long, substanceless..."analysis"?

*We have Vorel and Caple. How the fuck have the TBS related sites made it this far without getting some knowledgeable, reasonably skilled writers on board? What a weird business.

TBS sites pay fuck all. Like literally peanuts. If you have any talent as a writer you’re not staying in that job for long. That’s why it’s usually just college aged kids/recent grads/older lifelong losers
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,950 Swaye's Wigwam
    ntxduck said:

chuck said:

TBS sites pay fuck all. Like literally peanuts. If you have any talent as a writer you’re not staying in that job for long. That’s why it’s usually just college aged kids/recent grads/older lifelong losers
    Yes I get that. What I don't get is why it has stayed that way. The industry has grown into a pretty high profile since the days of low budget hobby sites in 2000ish when I first discovered it. The product, while keeping up in terms of technology and ready accessibility, hasn't really changed in any substantive way. It's just the same old shit bag, know nothing turds and a few new ones just like the old ones.

I still say it's weird. It seems like either the $$ involved and the quality would have to increase or the business model would die or at least fade into obscurity.