Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

PFT: Bennett to bears

dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
If they cut Clemons looks like they'll be turning over the entire defensive line. I expect them to fill his place with at least one or two short term deals on the defensive line and an Avril extension.
Please resign McDonald and tare

Comments

• HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Losing MB hurts but I think they'll be fine. MB probably gets something huge and who knows if he will be as good in the future as he was this season when he was clearly playing for a big deal. Avril will definitely be extended now.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,800
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    I'd keep an eye on DeMarcus Ware ... I think it is 50/50 that the Cowboys still cut him at some point.
  • dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    edited March 2014

Losing MB hurts but I think they'll be fine. MB probably gets something huge and who knows if he will be as good in the future as he was this season when he was clearly playing for a big deal. Avril will definitely be extended now.

the core is still there, which is the legion of boom. It's possible considering the turnover they take a step back on defense, which should be expected cause this year was historically good.
    However if Harvin is healthy for the whole season they will take as big of a step forward on offense.
    No matter what happens this offseason, barring injury or some crazy sherman trade or something I expect this team to win the SB in 2014
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,800
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    I'd also expect that they'll attack the DL heavy in the draft.
  • dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    edited March 2014
    one of these 2 will be a seahawk I believe this offseason. Bennett can go enjoy going 10-6 every year with Jay Cutler and never doing shit in the playoffs, but he got his money good for him. I will always remember him as an intrical part in the only professional championship I've gotten to celebrate in this miserable town
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment blah
    I see Hooks are already freaking out. Same Hooks had no fucking clue who Michael Bennett was this time last year.

Fuck em! Seahawks will be fine as Carroll/Schneider find and develop talent better than anyone. Not to mention if you are a pass rusher you'd want to sign with the Seahawks as our secondary is so good you can rack up cheap sacks.

According to the metrics Bennett rated as a below average pass rusher but due to the Hawks amazing secondary he recorded some sacks that he normally wouldn't have recorded with any other team.

Thanks for helping us win a ring Michael but the Hawks won't miss you as much as others will think.
  • SteveInSheltonSteveInShelton Member Posts: 1,611
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Agree, I'll remember him for what he did but he's certainly replaceable. Hell even the hooks who were freaking out over Mike Robinson earlier this year and Red Bryant are surprisingly meh about him leaving. Granted him signing with Chicago is just what I'm hearing, so I'm assuming it's done.

I wonder how much he got paid. Usually when a player already signs this early before the free agency period technically begins means someone broke the bank for him. The Bears aren't exactly 1 player away either.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dhdawg said:

one of these 2 will be a seahawk I believe this offseason. Bennett can go enjoy going 10-6 every year with Jay Cutler and never doing shit in the playoffs, but he got his money good for him. I will always remember him as an intrical part in the only professional championship I've gotten to celebrate in this miserable town

Jared Allen, Justin Tuck (my #1 choice), Will Smith... One of these guys will most likely be a Seahawk. It's a pretty good year for free agent DL's. There are some younger guys if we cut Clemons and want to get a guy for the long term such as Lamar Houston and Michael Johnson. I don't know if we want to give out the money it would take to sign those guys with key players needing to be extended too.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/2014/fa/dl.html

• RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited March 2014

I see Hooks are already freaking out. Same Hooks had no fucking clue who Michael Bennett was this time last year.

Fuck em! Seahawks will be fine as Carroll/Schneider find and develop talent better than anyone. Not to mention if you are a pass rusher you'd want to sign with the Seahawks as our secondary is so good you can rack up cheap sacks.

According to the metrics Bennett rated as a below average pass rusher but due to the Hawks amazing secondary he recorded some sacks that he normally wouldn't have recorded with any other team.

Thanks for helping us win a ring Michael but the Hawks won't miss you as much as others will think.

I don't think that is accurate. Bennett finished 5th in DE rankings on Pro Football Focus and had him as their #1 free agent. I followed it week by week, and he was somewhere near the top in pressure points and % of plays he got pressure on the QB.

Michael Bennett, Defensive Linemen - A lot of teams passed on Bennett after his 2012 season where he finished seventh overall in our defensive end rankings. Seattle took a chance and the versatile defender had a stellar year, finishing fifth overall in his positional rankings. Guaranteed production.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2014/03/03/pffs-2014-top-75-free-agents/

• dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Link to said metrics? I'm not real familiar with advanced football metrics, but that seems really unlikely to me. Dude had a monster year considering he was only on the field 55% of the time or so, and was lining up inside a decent chunk of that. He was pretty decent against the run as well.

I'm not freaking out over losing him, but mostly because I pretty much knew they couldn't afford to resign him not because he's not a big loss.

Thankfully, the Seahawks have the FO and the coaching staff to handle the challenge. I love the Jared Allen idea and hope he or someone similar ends up here. The good thing is we know they value the pass rush and learned the value in having a deep collection of rushers.

I'm starting to think they might just hold on Clemons, which wouldn't upset me.