Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Dan Raley lashes out at Hardcore Husky Posters

2»

Comments

• chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,941 Swaye's Wigwam
    Yikes.

I love how short memories are. Petersen had all kinds of doubt and shit flung at him before his first season. The doogman crowd was still pining for Sark. They criticized the lack of excitement and sizzle in his recruiting even as he quickly cobbled together a class loaded with NFL players. They bitched because he didn't retain Tui or Tosh. The overall mood on doogman was decidedly negative toward Pete from the very beginning.
  • 1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,527 Swaye's Wigwam
    chuck said:

Yikes.

I love how short memories are. Petersen had all kinds of doubt and shit flung at him before his first season. The doogman crowd was still pining for Sark. They criticized the lack of excitement and sizzle in his recruiting even as he quickly cobbled together a class loaded with NFL players. They bitched because he didn't retain Tui or Tosh. The overall mood on doogman was decidedly negative toward Pete from the very beginning.

Absolutely this.
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,043 Standard Supporter
    chuck said:

Yikes.

But still
  • GladstoneGladstone Member Posts: 16,419
    Beyond the lazy, ill-conceived recruiting strategy (which my doog self thinks can be somewhat rectified with a monster year), what irks my ire the most is that instead of hiring a big name OC, or a proven FBs/D2 OC ready for the big leagues, or a valued assistant on an existing explosive P5 offense, he looked at this resume and said this is the guy I want running the offense:

That was his first big time hire. You couldn't be more aggressively underwhelming than that. Jimmy also seems both overly prideful and sensitive. A bad combination. For example, he personally liked this tweet lol:

On a macro level I'm glad he agrees but why is he reading or caring about any of that random shit on Twitter. Win now or we sail into the West.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,448 Founders Club