Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Stupid Trumpers not getting the vaccine

UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,237
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
Swaye's Wigwam

https://unherd.com/thepost/the-most-vaccine-hesitant-education-group-of-all-phds/?fbclid=IwAR2eS0JASgp_D2Lp1XFhd9PLQE00xgo2f9yWlsenSSblvVOKCu24B1FKwx8

[But according to a new paper by researchers from Carnegie Mellon University and the University of Pittsburgh, this does not paint the full picture. The researchers analysed more than 5 million survey responses by a range of different demographic details, and classed those people who would “probably” or “definitely” not choose to get vaccinated as “vaccine hesitant.”

In some respects the findings are as predicted — for example the paper finds that there is a strong correlation between counties with higher Trump support in the 2020 presidential election and higher hesitancy in the period January 2021 — May 2021.

But more surprising is the breakdown in vaccine hesitancy by level of education. It finds that the association between hesitancy and education level follows a U-shaped curve with the highest hesitancy among those least and most educated. People with a master’s degree had the least hesitancy, and the highest hesitancy was among those holding a Ph.D.

What’s more, the paper found that in the first five months of 2021, the largest decrease in hesitancy was among the least educated — those with a high school education or less. Meanwhile, hesitancy held constant in the most educated group; by May, those with Ph.Ds were the most hesitant group. ]

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2021.07.20.21260795v1.full.pdf

Comments

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,341
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Sledog said:

https://unherd.com/thepost/the-most-vaccine-hesitant-education-group-of-all-phds/?fbclid=IwAR2eS0JASgp_D2Lp1XFhd9PLQE00xgo2f9yWlsenSSblvVOKCu24B1FKwx8

[But according to a new paper by researchers from Carnegie Mellon University and the University of Pittsburgh, this does not paint the full picture. The researchers analysed more than 5 million survey responses by a range of different demographic details, and classed those people who would “probably” or “definitely” not choose to get vaccinated as “vaccine hesitant.”

In some respects the findings are as predicted — for example the paper finds that there is a strong correlation between counties with higher Trump support in the 2020 presidential election and higher hesitancy in the period January 2021 — May 2021.

But more surprising is the breakdown in vaccine hesitancy by level of education. It finds that the association between hesitancy and education level follows a U-shaped curve with the highest hesitancy among those least and most educated. People with a master’s degree had the least hesitancy, and the highest hesitancy was among those holding a Ph.D.

What’s more, the paper found that in the first five months of 2021, the largest decrease in hesitancy was among the least educated — those with a high school education or less. Meanwhile, hesitancy held constant in the most educated group; by May, those with Ph.Ds were the most hesitant group. ]

So high school or less is about as smart as a PHD! Finally something that makes sense.
    I'm a doctor of love
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,920
    Standard Supporter

What’s more, the paper found that in the first five months of 2021, the largest decrease in hesitancy was among the least educated

The most susceptible to propaganda

Municipal Transit Employees in the Bay Area are all unionized, disproportionately minority, primarily black, and female. Your typical Trump supporter. Vaccination rates for these folks is far lower than the average for Bay Area residents.

The excuse making by leftist as they trash the unvaccinated as stupid Trump supporting rednecks, while either ignoring entirely the number of minorities on their team who are unvaccinated or blaming the "racist" Tuskegee Airmen experiment for the low black vaccination numbers is really something to behold.
  • Options
    RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,224
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

So the doctors are choosing to not get the government jab?
  • Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

I can't believe we are deep into year 2 of this bullshit

Blame your fellow Americans, who have been and continue to be the enemy with their slavish compliance to authority, and their absolute ignorance and refusal to investigate such things as the link between 5g and the Corona scam. Absolute fucking scum of the earth, the "Good Germans" of the Third Reich.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,341
    Swaye's Wigwam

Blame your fellow Americans, who have been and continue to be the enemy with their slavish compliance to authority, and their absolute ignorance and refusal to investigate such things as the link between 5g and the Corona scam. Absolute fucking scum of the earth, the "Good Germans" of the Third Reich.
    Quite honestly I don't disagree

Other than the 5G thing
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,237
    Swaye's Wigwam

Quite honestly I don't disagree

Other than the 5G thing
    Same.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,762

Makes sense the Master's degree people are the most conforming. Most people I now who have their masters are fucking morons.

That's been my experience as well unless it's technical work. Worked with Two guys that had PHD's. Both dim. One couldn't spell PHD.
  • Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,235
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    edited August 2021

Swaye said:

Swaye said:

Blackface just mandated masks again in public schools today, after the school year started unmasked. Mrs. Swaye lost her shit. "That POS liberal in Richmond wimped out again." Direct quote heard earlier over dinner. Blackface winning the hearts and minds.
    Wouldn't your wife be a suburban housewife?
    My wife is the worst kind of teacher. The kind who refused to sign up for the union, even though they kept begging her for years, voted for Trump, TWICE, and thinks masks are a tool of simple minded liberty hating buffoons everywhere. Also has her own gun, and is hot. Fugly lib Karens hate her. She laughs at them. And calls them fugly lib Karens. VICTORY.
    I think this has been asked before, but pics?
    I think I've seen an asset pic in the wam. @SpiritHorse may have slipped it in .... after @Swaye
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,586
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye said:

Swaye said:

Blackface just mandated masks again in public schools today, after the school year started unmasked. Mrs. Swaye lost her shit. "That POS liberal in Richmond wimped out again." Direct quote heard earlier over dinner. Blackface winning the hearts and minds.
    My wife is the worst kind of teacher. The kind who refused to sign up for the union, even though they kept begging her for years, voted for Trump, TWICE, and thinks masks are a tool of simple minded liberty hating buffoons everywhere. Also has her own gun, and is hot. Fugly lib Karens hate her. She laughs at them. And calls them fugly lib Karens. VICTORY.
    Difficult to say who is the bitch in the relationship

(It's not)
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,000
    Founders Club
    Swaye said:

Swaye said:

Vive le CLS!