Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

2014 Apple Cup

chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,950 Swaye's Wigwam
I assume I'm the only one watching this right now. You're not missing anything. Jesus.

The defense obviously hasd some talent. Much of it was young but there were some good veterans too. John Ross playing some good corner.

The offense though. Holy fuck. Mickens, Washington, Lenius, Kendall Taylor, and for fucks sake Cyler Miles were feature players on that offense. How did they beat anyone?

Comments

• rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,198
    chuck said:

How did they beat anyone?

cause cuog was on the schedule?
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,612 Swaye's Wigwam
    Cyler Miles bubble screen to the opposite sideline.

eh.oh.el
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,950 Swaye's Wigwam
    haie said:

Cyler Miles bubble screen to the opposite sideline.

eh.oh.el

It really is entertaining watching him throw.

chuck said:

How did they beat anyone?

cause cuog was on the schedule?
    Yeah somehow it's 24-0.

They best someone else too though.

Fuckin Ross is good at CB.
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,612 Swaye's Wigwam
    It looked really cold this game. Not fake cloud seeding cold, like the ground looked hard enough to dislocate shoulders.

Cuoglet talking shit down 31-0.
  • JoeyJoey Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,589 Founders Club
    edited August 2021
    I watched this a couple weeks ago. Should have just handed it to Dwayne Washington every play they threw a gay ass bubble screen

I watched this a couple weeks ago. Should have just handed it to Dwayne Washington every play they threw a gay ass bubble screen

Washington was fine when there was a hole there for him when he finally got around to moving forward. He could take it the distance with the best of them when it was spoon fed. He was horrible though on a down to down basis. Coleman looks bad in this game too. I dont see why Cooper wasn't getting more carries.

*We still haven't replaced Feeney and Littleton...or Kikaha or Andrew Hudson.
  • JoeyJoey Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,589 Founders Club
    I forgot what their built in excuse was that year. They always have one
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    chuck said:

Washington was fine when there was a hole there for him when he finally got around to moving forward. He could take it the distance with the best of them when it was spoon fed. He was horrible though on a down to down basis. Coleman looks bad in this game too. I dont see why Cooper wasn't getting more carries.

Cement Shoes Coleman was terrible back then
    dnc said:

chuck said:

Cement Shoes Coleman was terrible back then
    Being the glutton that I am I watched the 2014 Beav game later last night. Coleman ran pretty well in that one. He really looked like a different guy than in the crapple cup...quick, aggressive and powerful.

And of course DW housed one in that game too. Looked pretty shitry otherwise.

The biggest thing I took from those games was how much better our LB talent was then, including the outside guys. Even Timu next to Ulofoshio would look really good right now. He was good at everything except catching the ball.