Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Scott in Mt Vernon is fired up (KJR-Doogman)

Comments

• Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    UW basketball will never be top tier. In fact, no northwest team ever has been, or ever will be.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Name that doog

Romar and Harshman are the best Husky basketball coaches in the last half century and maybe longer.

UO is working a new loophole in the rules that I am not fond of. Personally, I prefer having players for three or four years rather than one. I'm a loyalty guy and I enjoy watching teams and players develop. One and done plalyers are not my cup of tea regardless of how often it helps the team win.

How do we "strive for more?" Do we start a letter writing campaign, boo him at games or some other way to undermine him? Maybe you have enough cash to buy him out and buy an elite coach from somewhere else. Maybe you are really saying that we should just dump him and hire a new young turk with the hope that he will be better than Romar. I won't be supporting your efforts regardless. Romar has earned my support and I will remain loyal until it is clear that he can no longer coach.

14a?
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,603
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

UW basketball will never be top tier. In fact, no northwest team ever has been, or ever will be.

Okay Nostradamus.

If UW, Gonzaga, UO, OSU, WSU, or even fucking Seattle U gets a good coach that can consistently get top Seattle/Tacoma/Portland ballers to come play for them, they can be top tier and pop off and win a natty.
  • Options
    RaccoonHarryRaccoonHarry Member Posts: 2,160
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper

I hear Oregon was top tier in 1939. I guess for some people that was a long time ago.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

I hear Oregon was top tier in 1939. I guess for some people that was a long time ago.
    I hear Seattle U was a real power with Elgin Baylor.