Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,186
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    The vaccine developed under the Trump Administration doesn’t work?

I call Fake News
  • Options
    BendintheriverBendintheriver Member Posts: 5,354
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    HuskyJW said:

The vaccine developed under the Trump Administration doesn’t work?

I call Fake News

So now rats DON'T want to take credit for the vaccine and its distribution? Is this the same behavior as rats blaming Republicans for defunding the police? Or that the open border is the fault of Trump?

Trying to pin you rats down on the truth is like hitting a moving target.
  • Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,237
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    Swaye said:

There is no money or power to be gained from natural transmission immunity. Everyone always knew this was likely the method that would work best, but immunologists need that research money, and big pharma needs that jab money, and the healthcare industry needs that government covid money, and government stooges need that big pharma money and the power to crush political enemies.

This has always been 90% about money and power, and 10% about science and public health.

I don’t disagree but will say there are definitely those who benefit from the vaccines, and the progress made in the development of liposome encapsulated mRNA delivery has the potential for major break throughs in cancer therapies. The latter has been the holy grail of this technology for decades. If this becomes the end result, Trump’s vaccine effort becomes this generation’s moon shot.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,889
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Swaye said:

There is no money or power to be gained from natural transmission immunity. Everyone always knew this was likely the method that would work best, but immunologists need that research money, and big pharma needs that jab money, and the healthcare industry needs that government covid money, and government stooges need that big pharma money and the power to crush political enemies.

This has always been 90% about money and power, and 10% about science and public health.

I don’t disagree but will say there are definitely those who benefit from the vaccines, and the progress made in the development of liposome encapsulated mRNA delivery has the potential for major break throughs in cancer therapies. The latter has been the holy grail of this technology for decades. If this becomes the end result, Trump’s vaccine effort becomes this generation’s moon shot.
    Covid isn't cancer.

Swatting a fly with a sledge hammer.

• Options
    LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,551
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

Swaye said:

Has after all these years of cancer research been any kind of cure other than early detection? Leukemia in kids and bone marrow transplants save lives but not a cure, other than early treatments, is there some good news in cancer cures?

I have always thought of the American Cancer Institute as just another money sucking bureaucracy that builds empires and scoffs at any other cancer research.

Boy will I get ridiculed for those sentiments
  • Options
    LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,551
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I wonder what the USofA gave up to China to get them to release the virus just before an election year.

I think we? gave them the world
  • Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,237
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    Swaye said:

Swaye said:

I agree. Never meant to imply some good things would not come out of this debacle, more that the stated reasons for all of this like "Science!" and "Save Granny!" has been bullshit since jump street.

The Dems correctly observed early on that this could be a cudgel to bash Trump with since they had a platform that did not excite most Americans, and politicians that were mostly disliked by Americans. Then, as this dragged on some of their brighter bulbs realized they could get around all those pesky voter ID and in person voting requirements, which was pretty much a license to win/steal (perspective) the election. That's the power part of the equation, and the political response to this was never anything BUT what I wrote above. The media, as friends of the DNC, was complicit in this and made neat little things like "Trumps Death Tracker" to remind us all who was at fault. Not their overlords in China, but the President, who had nothing to do with it, but whom they hated because he saw them for what they are: charlatans who would lie if the truth sounded better. If you think the Democratic power brokers or media blowhards ever gave one shit if your Granny died I've got a bridge to sell you in the Sahara. Power.

Immunologists correctly realized early on that this was going to be their Olympics, moon shot and Chinese (lulz) Theatre red carpet moment all at once, and that money would flow from the heavens for "research" the more they inferred cordwood was coming. Big pharma correctly ascertained that the government response, as hackneyed and breathless as it was, knew that no cost would be too much for the taxpayer to bear to save us all from the plague that is the China flu, which has a lower mortality rate than the actual flu. And the healthcare industry learned very early on that if they could pin any ailment on Covid, even if tangentially, their coffers would overflow with emergency Vid monies, so the fix was in to overtreat and overstate anything related in any way to the China plague. And those same politicians who could care less about your Granny knew if they hysterically told us everyone might die and could pump this bitch up then the aforementioned healthcare industry and big pharma deep pockets would overflow their coffers and IN AN ELECTION YEAR (what luck!!?!?!?!?!?). Money.

I actually believe "two weeks to flatten the curve" was mostly done in good faith. We didn't have a great amount of data, there was legitimate fear and confusion. You know what fear and confusion creates? Opportunity for graft, corruption and power grabs! During that two weeks of flattening the curve all I detailed above was being formulated in boardrooms and back alleys, and that's why two weeks turned into 72, and here we are today. It worked. Healthcare, Research and Pharma have been enriched beyond all reasonable measure, bad orange man is gone, infrastructure now includes day care, and Lady Liberty is bleeding out at the feet of a Masked Big Government. Great success, says the media and progressive Bolsheviks everywhere!

TL:DR: We got fucked.
    All true, great poast.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam
    @swaye “I actually believe "two weeks to flatten the curve" was mostly done in good faith.”

I’m surprised an Indian in 2021 would be this gullible
  • Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited August 2021

Swaye said:

Fuck off idiot.

• Options
    dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,221
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited August 2021
    obk is scared.

Of everything.

Imagine if people were such pussies that they quit flying when the first plane crashed. He's scared of mRNA vaccines because there were bad outcomes - like there always are when you;re doing something new instead of being a cowering, scared little puss bag like obk.

The only people more scared than the covid pussies are the covid vaccine pussies. Are you faggots having a pussy contest to see who can be the most hysterical crybabies during this shit show?

Well, it's going to take one gargantuan pussy to beat you, ya scared little bitch.

• Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,871
    dflea said:

obk is scared.

Of everything.

Imagine if people were such pussies that they quit flying when the first plane crashed. He's scared of mRNA vaccines because there were bad outcomes - like there always are when you;re doing something new instead of being a cowering, scared little puss bag like obk.

The only people more scared than the covid pussies are the covid vaccine pussies. Are you faggots having a pussy contest to see who can be the most hysterical crybabies during this shit show?

Well, it's going to take one gargantuan pussy to beat you, ya scared little bitch.

I won't be forced. You will. Who's scared?
  • Options
    dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,221
    Sledog said:

dflea said:

obk is scared.

Of everything.

Nobody forced me, assface.

You're scared. You probably cried when you got the polio vaccine, DPT vaccine and the MMR vaccine.
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,871
    dflea said:

Sledog said:

dflea said:

obk is scared.

Of everything.

You're scared. You probably cried when you got the polio vaccine, DPT vaccine and the MMR vaccine.
    I was a baby maybe I did.

At least I grew!

Maybe it stunted your growth or are you from a long line of midgets?
  • Options
    WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 13,936
    Standard Supporter
    Sledog said:

dflea said:

Sledog said:

dflea said:

obk is scared.

Of everything.

I was a baby maybe I did.

At least I grew!

Maybe it stunted your growth or are you from a long line of midgets little people?