Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Eric July POTD

UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,260
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
Swaye's Wigwam

Comments

• Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    It's worth emphasizing that studies to date have demonstrated effectiveness of vaccines in preventing spread of the non-Delta variants.

This new information is specific to the Delta variant, and given that that seems to be the dominant strain circulating, is pretty relevant. I think it's pretty obvious that the CDC will eventually use this data to push new boosters that are geared towards the Delta variant and will in all likelihood prevent the kind of spread that the current vaccines don't.
  • Options
    WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 13,934
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter

It's worth emphasizing that studies to date have demonstrated effectiveness of vaccines in preventing spread of the non-Delta variants.

This new information is specific to the Delta variant, and given that that seems to be the dominant strain circulating, is pretty relevant. I think it's pretty obvious that the CDC will eventually use this data to push new boosters that are geared towards the Delta variant and will in all likelihood prevent the kind of spread that the current vaccines don't.

Then what about the next variant?
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,875
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Well, it's on'n'n'on'n'on on'n'on,
    The beat don't stop until the break of dawn.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,442
    Swaye's Wigwam

Its the Deathsantis variant

The narrative
  • Options

I'm sure they'll make a booster for that too. And they should, just like they do for the flu. And then everyone can shut the fuck up and move on with their lives.

Get the booster, or don't, maybe die if you're not lucky, do whatever you want. But as long as we continue to have the means to protect those who want to be protected, then let the status quo resume so we can spend all of our energy yelling about CRT and andrenoxhrome instead of this fucking virus.
  • Options
    doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Although I’ve been jabbed, It’s your body and it’s worth noting, I defend your right to make your own personal choice whether or not you get vaccinated without coercion.

What somebody else chooses to do with their body is personal and should in no way impact your own personal decision.
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,844

10 times less deadly. It's a Fucking cold!
  • Options
    Sledog said:

What's ten times less deadly? But iron clad Sledog stats aside, I'd take a vaccine for the cold if that was available too. A lot of people wouldn't. And that's fine too.
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,844

Sledog said:

What's ten times less deadly? But iron clad Sledog stats aside, I'd take a vaccine for the cold if that was available too. A lot of people wouldn't. And that's fine too.
    Delta variant is 10 times less deadly. You are more likely to die slipping on the bath house floor fumbling for the soap. Iron man? Well I did survive 1969 and the Hong Kong flu that killed 1.1 MILLION Americans. Somehow we all went to school, work etc. You can take all the vaccine you want hell I'll give you some of mine!

You can vaccine all you want. This has nothing to do with a virus.

The flu is very deadly but we seem to be fresh out of it. A little over 1,000 cases last year. Odd ain't it? Oh yeah the China virus and the flu and even the common cold look the same to the PCR test. Get a grip on yourself Alice!
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,260
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Sledog said:

But would you want to be a part of the first long term clinical trials for a new experimental vaccine?
  • Options

Sledog said:

But would you want to be a part of the first long term clinical trials for a new experimental vaccine?
    Probably not. But I don't know if I have a persuasive argument for why. We ingest countless materials via our food supply, medicine, and just general exposure to all sorts of man-made shit, and nobody in the scientific community really has a firm handle on what the long-term effects of any of that will be. Personally, I've long resolved to just accept all of that as part of my own risk tolerance. All I can really do is take the information as it comes.
  • Options
    MelloDawgMelloDawg Member Posts: 6,129
    Sledog said:

Sledog said:

Delta variant is 10 times less deadly. You are more likely to die slipping on the bath house floor fumbling for the soap. Iron man? Well I did survive 1969 and the Hong Kong flu that killed 1.1 MILLION Americans. Somehow we all went to school, work etc. You can take all the vaccine you want hell I'll give you some of mine!

You can vaccine all you want. This has nothing to do with a virus.

The flu is very deadly but we seem to be fresh out of it. A little over 1,000 cases last year. Odd ain't it? Oh yeah the China virus and the flu and even the common cold look the same to the PCR test. Get a grip on yourself Alice!
    Ok.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,752
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Sledog said:

You might want to re-think your position.

Look what the jab did to you.