Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

NBA Draft

RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
Swaye's Wigwam
I remember pundits talking about how great this draft is. I'm not buying it. None of these guys are franchise changers with the exception on possibly Embiid. Wiggins came in with hype like he was the next LeBron. Then the comparison was Tracy McGrady. To me, he's Harrison Barnes.

Parker will be a good player, but he's not a great athlete and is kind of slow. He will have to be a 4 in the NBA. Not a franchise changing player.

Randle is no sure thing. At his best, he's Zach Randolph. He could be a beast, but he might be average. Either way, it will be interesting. He's not a franchise changer though.

Marcus Smart is going to be a bum in the NBA. Most overrated player in the country.

Embiid has potential. He's still new to basketball, but has a good offensive game for being so new. I would probably pick him first. I think at minimum he's a top 5 center, and at best he's a top 1-2. He's the only guy I see that could be a max contract player on a championship team.

Comments

• Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Completely disagree. This is one of the better drafts in a long while. Parker, Smart, Exxum, and Randle will all be beasts in the NBA. Wiggins is still raw as fuck, he may never become the player he was herolded to be but he still has a shot.

Gordon could become a great SF if he can improve his jumper, Tyler Ennis is a big game player. Embiid if he can avoid chronic injuries could be the next big thing at Center with Anthony Davis.

LIPO I say.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited March 2014

Completely disagree. This is one of the better drafts in a long while. Parker, Smart, Exxum, and Randle will all be beasts in the NBA. Wiggins is still raw as fuck, he may never become the player he was herolded to be but he still has a shot.

Gordon could become a great SF if he can improve his jumper, Tyler Ennis is a big game player. Embiid if he can avoid chronic injuries could be the next big thing at Center with Anthony Davis.

LIPO I say.

Smart is going to be garbage. Don't know anything about Exxum. Ennis looks like a really good college player, but an average NBA point guard. Nothing about him jumps out. NWG is about as good as him, just stuck in obscurity playing at UW. Parker strikes me as a high scorer on a shitty team. None of these guys but Embiid are franchise players to me. It's a better class than last year, but far below what the experts said. Jerry west came out and recently said he didn't bink it was very good.
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

LIPO I say.

Smart is going to be garbage. Don't know anything about Exxum. Ennis looks like a really good college player, but an average NBA point guard. Nothing about him jumps out. NWG is about as good as him, just stuck in obscurity playing at UW. Parker strikes me as a high scorer on a shitty team. None of these guys but Embiid are franchise players to me. It's a better class than last year, but far below what the experts said. Jerry west came out and recently said he didn't bink it was very good.
    I think Smart will be great. He is having a really bad year this year but I think his game is more made for the NBA. You can't teach his confidence and killer instinct. I think he will be like a Kemba Walker in the NBA (who is actually putting up great numbers this year just plays for a terrible team.)