Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

U2 - I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For (Official Music Video)

Comments

• Options
    alumni94alumni94 Member Posts: 4,849
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    It appears that NOC.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,301
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    chuck said:

alumni94 said:

It appears that NOC.

Appears so. I think the fuck bags here won't admit to liking anything by U2 because it puts their tugme tavern creds in jeopardy.
    If I based my music on politics 81 percent of my Playlist would be gone

Neil Young and I are on different wave lengths these days. Don't care

U2 sucks and Bono is a poser

I could play those guitar riffs
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    chuck said:

alumni94 said:

It appears that NOC.

Appears so. I think the fuck bags here won't admit to liking anything by U2 because it puts their tugme tavern creds in jeopardy.
    I like U2
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    Little known fact, this song was written about Husky football in the post Don James era.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,614
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

chuck said:

alumni94 said:

It appears that NOC.

I like U2
    #profilesincourage
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

alumni94 said:

It appears that NOC.

I respek your stance on this.

I try to do the same with music, acting etc. I only fail when it comes to Tom Cruise and Mel Gibson. I keep trying though. Watched part of Braveheart a few weeks ago before I got tired of him posing dramatically and turned it off. I did make it all the way through A Few Good Men last week but that film is so good I'm able to forget who he is while I watch it.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,898
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    IFL this album front to back. That said U2 is one of the more overrated bands in history.
  • Options
    Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,958
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    I really like this song, and U2. They’re great showman too, I saw them several years ago live at Qwest/CenturyLink (or whatever the fuck it’s called now).

ATBS (JBS), they are overrated.
  • Options
    booker14booker14 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 145
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited August 2021
    I think this is one of the better versions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8Wt3dhF4fU
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

IFL this album front to back. That said U2 is one of the more overrated bands in history.

Good timing. There was an opening for a marketable pop rock band with a little depth in their lyrics in the 80s. They have three albums that interest me though, and Joshua Tree was the last. I guess to me they're more oversold and over marketed than overrated.
  • Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,775
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

chuck said:

chuck said:

alumni94 said:

It appears that NOC.

I respek your stance on this.

I try to do the same with music, acting etc. I only fail when it comes to Tom Cruise and Mel Gibson. I keep trying though. Watched part of Braveheart a few weeks ago before I got tired of him posing dramatically and turned it off. I did make it all the way through A Few Good Men last week but that film is so good I'm able to forget who he is while I watch it.
    Braveheart may be historically inaccurate and Mel Gibson may be a piece of shit, but putting down that movie is fightin' words!

Tom Cruise... That's a battle in which I've admitted defeat. Fuck that guy for being as good as he is at what he does while also being such a colossal anus. His filmography is basically a catalog of movies I like. I can't not watch them. Fuck. That. Guy.
    You sound conflicted.
  • Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,234
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    chuck said:

Good timing. There was an opening for a marketable pop rock band with a little depth in their lyrics in the 80s. They have three albums that interest me though, and Joshua Tree was the last. I guess to me they're more oversold and over marketed than overrated.
    The other two?

Personally, Under a Blood Red Sky was one of my favorite U2 albums. Recorded during their War Tour.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,983
    Founders Club

chuck said:

The other two?

Personally, Under a Blood Red Sky was one of my favorite U2 albums. Recorded during their War Tour.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDr9B5sQi0g
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,983
    Founders Club
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

The other two?

War is my favorite. New Year's Day is easily my favorite song by them.

Unforgettable Fire is the other.