Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Bridging the divide

2»

Comments

• Options
    HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 19,276
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I’d like to buy the world a Coke.
  • Options
    WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 14,021
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter
    Swaye said:

HuskyJW said:

Turn off your phone….internet isn’t real. 48 hours minimum….96 is better. Laugh when you check back in

Fire up the grill. I didn’t say plug it in….or turn the knob. Fire….up…..the….grill

Go fishing

Thank HuskyJW

This would go a long way. The other thing is to stop actually hating the other side. Dislike their positions, sure. Loathe their existence? Might be a bit much. And I am a known asshole saying this.

Look, do you think @dflea and I agree politically? Um, no. But would that stop me drinking and fishing with him? Um, no. Hell I'd have a beer with @HHusky even though I think he is half retarded most of the time. Doesn't seem like a terrible human to me, just a snarky misguided lawyer. Whatever. The only person here I actually dislike is Bearswiin, because he seems like a smarmy fuck beta, but I know a couple folks here who have met him and swear he's a good dude. So fuck, I might even not throat punch him?

The point, and this is terrible to say in the Thunderdome, is to not take this stuff so seriously. I mean yeah, it's important, but actually wanting the other side to die is extreme. I get it, political tribalism is a big thing now, but the intense antagonism is over the top. All this excludes Antifa and the Aryan Nation - both sides have fringe lunatic groups whose sole aim is to hurt people to advance their kooky agenda. Fuck those guys. We can napalm all of them.

edit: We all know none of this is going to happen. The modern media is in business to inflame passions then step back and act aghast when mobs beat people and shit burns. Gets clicks.
    No. I can't stand people who hate this country and love to lie. I couldn't stand two minutes with the dazzler and the flea. You are assuming they are good people. They are not. It is people like them that have destroyed the country and literally put millions of people out of work. They are happy about that. I'm not.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    dflea said:

Swaye said:

HuskyJW said:

Turn off your phone….internet isn’t real. 48 hours minimum….96 is better. Laugh when you check back in

Fire up the grill. I didn’t say plug it in….or turn the knob. Fire….up…..the….grill

Go fishing

Thank HuskyJW

This would go a long way. The other thing is to stop actually hating the other side. Dislike their positions, sure. Loathe their existence? Might be a bit much. And I am a known asshole saying this.

Look, do you think @dflea and I agree politically? Um, no. But would that stop me drinking and fishing with him? Um, no. Hell I'd have a beer with @HHusky even though I think he is half retarded most of the time. Doesn't seem like a terrible human to me, just a snarky misguided lawyer. Whatever. The only person here I actually dislike is Bearswiin, because he seems like a smarmy fuck beta, but I know a couple folks here who have met him and swear he's a good dude. So fuck, I might even not throat punch him?

The point, and this is terrible to say in the Thunderdome, is to not take this stuff so seriously. I mean yeah, it's important, but actually wanting the other side to die is extreme. I get it, political tribalism is a big thing now, but the intense antagonism is over the top. All this excludes Antifa and the Aryan Nation - both sides have fringe lunatic groups whose sole aim is to hurt people to advance their kooky agenda. Fuck those guys. We can napalm all of them.

edit: We all know none of this is going to happen. The modern media is in business to inflame passions then step back and act aghast when mobs beat people and shit burns. Gets clicks.
    No. I can't stand people who hate this country and love to lie. I couldn't stand two minutes with the dazzler and the flea. You are assuming they are good people. They are not. It is people like them that have destroyed the country and literally put millions of people out of work. They are happy about that. I'm not.
    No worries - I wouldn't be around a cunt like you for two minutes anyway, bitch. Swaye and I could fish all day and it would be kick ass because neither one of is such a cunt that we have to drag fucking politics into EVERY conversation all the time and act like every difference of opinion is a life and death struggle. You're a fucking drama queen and a drippy fucking cunt.

I'm going to laugh when you die. You should do it soon, ya miserable cunt.
    Like I said. I can't stand people who hate this country and love to lie and be lied to. At some point, an adult needs to be an adult.
  • Options
    dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,221

dflea said:

Swaye said:

HuskyJW said:

Go fishing

Thank HuskyJW

No worries - I wouldn't be around a cunt like you for two minutes anyway, bitch. Swaye and I could fish all day and it would be kick ass because neither one of is such a cunt that we have to drag fucking politics into EVERY conversation all the time and act like every difference of opinion is a life and death struggle. You're a fucking drama queen and a drippy fucking cunt.

Like I said. I can't stand people who hate this country and love to lie and be lied to. At some point, an adult needs to be an adult.
    I hate you, not the country, you self-important cunt that thinks you and the country are one and the same. You're not. You're just some worthless waste of skin that leaks from your drippy cunt all day and likes the Oregon Ducks.

Just the Duck fan part makes you an America hater. Clearly.

Fuck off.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    You voted for Cho Bai Den. That's how much you love this country. Keep playing for the away team.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited August 2021
    Swaye said:

HuskyJW said:

Go fishing

Thank HuskyJW

Some are even guilty of it here. They enjoy arguing with the people they hate so much.

I live in Washington. Of course I know tons of very liberal people. Many are friends. My closest work acquaintance is a huge corona bro. He’s a cool guy outside of that bullshit.

I also know many people that don’t give a fuck about anything other than going to work and having a good time.

I will say that I often meet someone that seems cool in real life, but there social media obsession with every hot topic political issue is a huge turn off.
  • Options
    BendintheriverBendintheriver Member Posts: 5,402
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited August 2021

Can anyone name one right that Trump took away. Damage that he did to anyone's right to earn a living? Anything that he forced on people to mold or shape their beliefs? How about forcing anyone to talk, think, act like he wanted them to act? Did he ever support politicians who wanted to make our communities less safe? Did he ever open up our borders and allow illegal aliens into the country to infect us with Covid? Did Trump go around the world apologizing for America?

Neville Chamberlin and much of the world historically ignored the "differences of opinion". Many of our own country's leadership ignored Germany. Rats aren't nazi's, but ignoring what they would do if they had carte blanche is the absolutely wrong thing to do. They have literally told us what they would do and in many cases they have acted on it. Not only have they acted on it they have lied to the American people about their actions.

When one side would gladly take away your rights you don't ignore that. They literally are trying to force everyone who is white into re-education classes so that we can all learn how racist we are. They are teaching our children that this country isn't a great country because of things that happened centuries ago. They have illegally opened the border and are shipping illegal aliens all around the country so that elections will always go the rats way. They literally want to defund the police and use liberals as their "policing" force.

As long as this shit is going on and is being supported by people I know, there is no real friendship and we should never ever get along politically. I can get along socially with anyone and I never bring up politics unless brought up first by a rat, then it is game on.

Omg didn't read
    Fuck you
    Hey buttercup, no one asked you to read anything. Do you FEEL better about drawing attention to yourself now? What a needy little bitch.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,609
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    SFGbob said:

I wonder how you find common ground with blithering idiots like this

Kobe as an adult?
    Kobe has to be pushing 40
  • Options
    doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072

Swaye said:

HuskyJW said:

Go fishing

Thank HuskyJW

As much as I appreciate the sentiment we really are fighting real authoritarianism at this point. People who openly discuss packing the Supremes and ending the filibuster aren't interested in "governing through unity".

Punish the shit out of anyone that shits on core American values that used to be what we ALL agreed on. Shout out to Joe Manchin, I'd vote for that kind of adult in the room.

You do that by having beers and organizing with people in your community. By becoming politically active even if it's ugly. By starting local and starting small. It has to start with people that inherently will buy in though.
    My President tells me this is Terrorism.

How long have You been a Terrorist?
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dflea said:

Swaye said:

HuskyJW said:

Go fishing

Thank HuskyJW

That’s it @dflea. Let it out. It’s good for you. Breath. #angrydeflea #thebestdflea
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,606
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Whether we go to communism or what I plan on taking full advantage once they shoot all the revolutionaries.

Imagine being like hey your family gets no bread for the week unless your daughters both bone me.
  • Options
    RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,300
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    hardhat said:

Extraction, expulsion, and extinction of all woke progressives.

Put OBK in charge
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,897
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

is that a parody, or is he that dumb?
  • Options
    doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072

SFGbob said:

Kobe as an adult?
    Kobe has to be pushing 40
    Perhaps time to start preparing to leave the nest?