Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

'They are tiny, tiny details to us... they're aren't the difference between winning and losing'

oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
edited March 2014 in College Football Forum
Mark Helfrich takes issue with the huskies new head coach:

"I don't agree with his philosophy. Penalties are tiny details. Slacking off at practice is a tiny detail. What matters is that we have some very tough, tough dudes on the team. I try to be a good friend to the guys, like an uncle or a buddy. Running a tight ship was Kelly's thing. I think it's important to get on the guys level, not be the mean leader guy that no one likes. Everything is going great. We really look forward to seeing what we can do next season," said Helfrich in a recent interview.

Comments

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Hard to argue with the source, that guy has Oregon football dialed in.
  • Options
    DugtheDoogDugtheDoog Member Posts: 3,180
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    I have to admit, I almost shed a happy tear when I read that quote. Now you even have Joe Mathis badmouthing pool boy (why do they call sark pool boy?) and players on the team saying the previous coach didn't stress the details, which I've been pulling my hair out about for years. #happytears
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

I have to admit, I almost shed a happy tear when I read that quote. Now you even have Joe Mathis badmouthing pool boy (why do they call sark pool boy?) and players on the team saying the previous coach didn't stress the details, which I've been pulling my hair out about for years. #happytears

Petersen's message seems to be getting received. If I had to guess, he came in and told the team that he knows how talented this team is. He saw it plunger him 38-6 in the first game, and let them know that 9-4 with that kind of talent was unacceptable. With better organization, discipline, and fundamentals (this is also called coaching), it could have been a Rose Bowl season.

• Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288

Petersen's message seems to be getting received. If I had to guess, he came in and told the team that he knows how talented this team is. He saw it plunger him 38-6 in the first game, and let them know that 9-4 with that kind of talent was unacceptable. With better organization, discipline, and fundamentals (this is also called coaching), it could have been a Rose Bowl season.

You guys came close to beating Stanfurd.
  • Options
    DugtheDoogDugtheDoog Member Posts: 3,180
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

You guys came close to beating Stanfurd.
    Yeah and if we played disciplined football, we win that game. And even if we still lose, petermen wouldn't blame it on the replay official because he "couldn't feel the emotion on the field". What the fuck was that, anyway?
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,582
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    The controversial call at the end of that game is funny considering that if ASJ catches that ball in the middle of the field we are in field goal range already with enough time on the clock to score. Bitching about the refs, bitching about furd players faking injury is all bullshit.
  • Options
    Dawgfan406Dawgfan406 Member Posts: 192
    First Anniversary Testing 1 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited March 2014
    If sark would get off his ass and run a quick play they never review that sideline play. Instead all he does is make excuses... 5 years of excuses... fuck him
  • Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    All I know is our head coach liked the way our LB coach stacked backpacks in a hallway. So, instead of using the ridiculous clout being the front man at Oregon comes with right now and scouring the country for the best of the best he just hired the guy that Rich Brooks, Mike Bellotti, Chip Kelly, and initially Slingblade didn't think was right for the job, because he likes his backpack organization.

Oh, Mike Bellotti is on the HoF ballot. I hope he gets in so Race can finally retire.