Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Home Depot / Lowe’s employees

jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,601
5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
Standard Supporter
The floor and register staff hate answering any questions and rarely have an answer. You can feel their disdain when asking a quick question. It’s literally crazy. Have some pride. Take 10 minutes a day for a week and learn the store. Even ordering for will call causes mass confusion.

Robots will be first deployed in these stores in combination with the app. The app is more helpful than the staff.

I know first world problems.

Comments

• Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,118
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Dallas burb staff still very friendly and helpful
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,527
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Both suck, but Lowes is far worse. They are always missing or out of the one important thing I need. ACE IS THE PLACE.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I thought this thread was going to be about me
  • Options
    doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

jecornel said:

The floor and register staff hate answering any questions and rarely have an answer. You can feel their disdain when asking a quick question. It’s literally crazy. Have some pride. Take 10 minutes a day for a week and learn the store. Even ordering for will call causes mass confusion.

Robots will be first deployed in these stores in combination with the app. The app is more helpful than the staff.

I know first world problems.

That place hasn't been the same since Damone quit
    Quit?
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,861
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    I go to ACE. Maybe it's 10 percent more but I don't have to walk 13 miles around a 50,000 square foot store. If I were in a trade I'd probably go to the big box stores for the cost though
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Swaye said:

Lowe's is where dudes who don't actually know how to use the tools they are buying go. Home Depot is for legit trades dudes. True Value and Ace are for OGs. Fight me.

All true, and a DoItCenter (lulz) better than all.
  • Options
    dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,221
    My dads had an account at Lumbermen's back in the day. I would go down there, tell them what I wanted at the counter, they'd give me a slip of paper, and I'd pull through the warehouse and start loading up sacks of cement, lengths of galvanized pipe, rolls of pvc pipe, pieces of rebar - and they'd just get out of the way and check the slip on the way out. You could also buy a 1/4 pound, or a whole box of 16 penny vinyl coated nails, or drywall screws, or roofing nails - not some fucking little box that either has way more or way less than you need in there.

They didn't have 78 employees, but the half dozen they had on the floor all knew their asses from a hole in the ground. Henry Bacon also used to be a pretty good place to go. They had a store in Bellevue, and I'd see donkeys in BMWs pulling out of there with a sheet of plywood on the roof. Yeah dude - you'll make it home fine! lol

I like Ace, but it's a tough market to exist in right now. I hope they can hang in there with the big box stores. Lowe's and Home Depot are both way fucking behind what Lumbermen's and Henry Bacon were. Low prices, sure, but the inventory is largely garbage. If I brought shit like that home back in the day, my old man would have said "Fuck that shit - take it back and get a better one!" He's struggling with the way the world is today. Like Race is.

• Options
    WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 13,934
    Standard Supporter
    dflea said:

My dads had an account at Lumbermen's back in the day. I would go down there, tell them what I wanted at the counter, they'd give me a slip of paper, and I'd pull through the warehouse and start loading up sacks of cement, lengths of galvanized pipe, rolls of pvc pipe, pieces of rebar - and they'd just get out of the way and check the slip on the way out. You could also buy a 1/4 pound, or a whole box of 16 penny vinyl coated nails, or drywall screws, or roofing nails - not some fucking little box that either has way more or way less than you need in there.

They didn't have 78 employees, but the half dozen they had on the floor all knew their asses from a hole in the ground. Henry Bacon also used to be a pretty good place to go. They had a store in Bellevue, and I'd see donkeys in BMWs pulling out of there with a sheet of plywood on the roof. Yeah dude - you'll make it home fine! lol

I like Ace, but it's a tough market to exist in right now. I hope they can hang in there with the big box stores. Lowe's and Home Depot are both way fucking behind what Lumbermen's and Henry Bacon were. Low prices, sure, but the inventory is largely garbage. If I brought shit like that home back in the day, my old man would have said "Fuck that shit - take it back and get a better one!" He's struggling with the way the world is today. Like Race is.

Nice post. Honest and full of actual facts. I'm assuming you stopped drinking and using the meth. Keep up the good work. We are rooting for your continued sobriety.
  • Options

dflea said:

Nice post. Honest and full of actual facts. I'm assuming you stopped drinking and using the meth. Keep up the good work. We are rooting for your continued sobriety.
    Stopped drinking?

No dude, I just got started! 12:01
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    dflea said:

dflea said:

Stopped drinking?

So the meth is the problem?
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    dflea said:

dflea said:

dflea said:

Stopped drinking?

So the meth is the problem?
    No - you being a complete fucking faggot is the problem. Go fuck yourself.
    Ah, a relapse. Too bad. A mind is a terrible thing to waste and other vague regretful sayings. Apparently, old thoughts about hardware stores focuses the mind - and then poof.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,443
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Pretty sure that 84 Lumber sponsored John Daley back in the day

They had a PGA tour stop too
  • Options
    Swaye said:

USMChawk said:

Swaye said:

Lowe's is where dudes who don't actually know how to use the tools they are buying go. Home Depot is for legit trades dudes. True Value and Ace are for OGs. Fight me.

True story. My financial advisor sold me on Home Depot 12 years ago. I mentioned I always went to Lowe’s and he told me HD makes their money from the contractors, not from pinheads like me. It’s been one of my top performers with an annualized return of 26.48%.

Oh, and I started shopping at HD.
    Yeah Lowe's, regrettably, basically decided to go the "suburban housewife and husband who still can't hang a ceiling fan" route many years ago. I will admit there have been a couple of Kobalt tools that came out that I had to go to Lowe's for, and no shit the Home and Garden at Lowe's beats HD, at least here, but generally yeah it's a bunch of donkey's who couldn't poor piss out of a boot with the directions on the heel. Ace and Tractor Supply are great because the people who work there actually know a plumbers wrench from their ass, but they just don't have a ton of stuff. I miss having 84 Lumber close. They closed the only one in 3 counties. Only 20% of dudes still have any skills and 50% of the remaining are fags who love looking at paint colors with their taskmaster wife at the Lowe's Design Center (spending a day there is one step removed from being a performer in a Pride Parade). So, it's tough sledding for the places like Lumbermans, and Valley Electric, and Tractor Supply, and good old 84.

I used to love going with my Dad to 84 as a kid early on a Saturday morning and buying piles of building materials in bulk for whatever project he was going to kill me with the rest of the weekend. It was always a surprise as to what we would be doing, so I could determine how fucked I was based on what we were buying - same system @dflea describes above just carry around a slip with your order for pick up at loading later. If we stopped at the PVC or galvanized rack I knew I would be digging. If we stopped at the bricks or rocks I knew I was doing a combo of hauling and digging. If we stopped at the shingles, I knew I was totally fucked.
    lmao

Fucking fiberglass insulation for me. Because guess who the asshole in the attic was going to be?
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,064
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    edited July 2021
    dflea said:

Swaye said:

USMChawk said:

Swaye said:

True story. My financial advisor sold me on Home Depot 12 years ago. I mentioned I always went to Lowe’s and he told me HD makes their money from the contractors, not from pinheads like me. It’s been one of my top performers with an annualized return of 26.48%.

Oh, and I started shopping at HD.
    Yeah Lowe's, regrettably, basically decided to go the "suburban housewife and husband who still can't hang a ceiling fan" route many years ago. I will admit there have been a couple of Kobalt tools that came out that I had to go to Lowe's for, and no shit the Home and Garden at Lowe's beats HD, at least here, but generally yeah it's a bunch of donkey's who couldn't poor piss out of a boot with the directions on the heel. Ace and Tractor Supply are great because the people who work there actually know a plumbers wrench from their ass, but they just don't have a ton of stuff. I miss having 84 Lumber close. They closed the only one in 3 counties. Only 20% of dudes still have any skills and 50% of the remaining are fags who love looking at paint colors with their taskmaster wife at the Lowe's Design Center (spending a day there is one step removed from being a performer in a Pride Parade). So, it's tough sledding for the places like Lumbermans, and Valley Electric, and Tractor Supply, and good old 84.

I used to love going with my Dad to 84 as a kid early on a Saturday morning and buying piles of building materials in bulk for whatever project he was going to kill me with the rest of the weekend. It was always a surprise as to what we would be doing, so I could determine how fucked I was based on what we were buying - same system @dflea describes above just carry around a slip with your order for pick up at loading later. If we stopped at the PVC or galvanized rack I knew I would be digging. If we stopped at the bricks or rocks I knew I was doing a combo of hauling and digging. If we stopped at the shingles, I knew I was totally fucked.
    lmao

Fucking fiberglass insulation for me. Because guess who the asshole in the attic was going to be?
    I was like fuck, will we ever run out of outbuildings he wants to reroof?

"Hey son, haul that huge fucking roll of tar paper up here on that rickety ass ladder from 1952!"

Outer voice: Sure Dad!

Inner voice: It's a good day to die.