Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Myles Bryant back with New England Patriots for a second season

Comments

• CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,041 Founders Club
  • NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729

Dude is a baller
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,052 Standard Supporter

He made the Patriots without a real preseason last year. He’s a baller and always was. A couple fades against Stanford to say he wasn’t good was always FS.

Liked him way more at nickel and safety. Playing on the outside was tough for him. He has been our best safety since rapp culture and it’s not even close.
    He was always around the ball, even on special teams. He was physical and in the right spot at the right time. Coach pointed out losing him to injury at the end of the game. I believe he started . I was a little late getting to my seat because of the rain
  • 1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,546 Swaye's Wigwam

He was always around the ball, even on special teams. He was physical and in the right spot at the right time. Coach pointed out losing him to injury at the end of the game. I believe he started . I was a little late getting to my seat because of the rain

What was the injury?

What was the injury?
    He walked off, I’m not sure it occurred on a tackle
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,950 Swaye's Wigwam

He made the Patriots without a real preseason last year. He’s a baller and always was. A couple fades against Stanford to say he wasn’t good was always FS.

It would have been FS if anyone had said it. He was not good outside due to his lack of size and elite speed and was put in a position where he was a liability. Stating that, as I and others did, is not the same as saying he wasn't good. Everyone knows/knew that he was.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

The problem with Bryant against Stanford was coaching

When you get burned time after time because you have a small on a tall you do something else

It's my one (really only) coaching criticism of K/Lake's defense. Their base sets work so often but when they don't work they are annoyingly stubborn.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    chuck said:

It would have been FS if anyone had said it. He was not good outside due to his lack of size and elite speed and was put in a position where he was a liability. Stating that, as I and others did, is not the same as saying he wasn't good. Everyone knows/knew that he was.
    A lot of posters thought he sucked because 5’8”, walk-on.
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,612 Swaye's Wigwam

Myles Bryant was a poor man’s Budda. A little worse against the run and tackling in space, but still good.

One of the biggest blunders the coaches made was not playing Molden or Bryant at safety instead of McKinney vs Ohio State. Rapp being a last minute scratch probably played into it, but they should have had at least one of those guys repoing at safety.

🍺