Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Fleenor doing work

Comments

• HuskyJWHuskyJW Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,358 Swaye's Wigwam

To add, honestly from a geographic perspective, and geographic only, adding Colorado State and BYU would make the most sense. Instant rivalries, and I actually think CSU would be able to up / increase their game. As a person, and I assume a prospect, it's would be easily more attractive than WSU or OSU. They have a new stadium, pretty solid branding, and as I've pointed out before, a New Belgian Brewing bar in the north end of their stadium. My personal opinion is Ft. Collins > Boulder. Boulder in the natural beauty wins but the rest Ft. Collins gets my vote.

Also to stay on topic and to plagiarize: RYAN LEAF IS THE SOURCE!!!???

Assuming Fleenor isn’t actually attending Cougar functions his source is probably a guy that heard from a guy that heard from Ryan Leaf.
    Leaf has been at P12 Media Days…..not sure where this Cougar Function was taking place
  • huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,358 Swaye's Wigwam

To add,

honestly from a geographic perspective, and geographic only
    , adding Colorado State and BYU would make the most sense. Instant rivalries, and I actually think CSU would be able to up / increase their game. As a person, and I assume a prospect, it's would be easily more attractive than WSU or OSU. They have a new stadium, pretty solid branding, and as I've pointed out before, a New Belgian Brewing bar in the north end of their stadium. My personal opinion is Ft. Collins > Boulder. Boulder in the natural beauty wins but the rest Ft. Collins gets my vote.

It does nothing to expand the Pac-12 footprint and add more eyeballs/TV revenue though. The remaining west coast markets that don't have a Pac-12 team yet are Boise (BSU), San Diego (SDSU), and Vegas (UNLV). It's embarrassing to even consider adding those programs to the conference but those metro areas will add ~6.5M more potential viewers.
    honestly from a geographic perspective, and geographic only

Adding CSU / BYU meshes with the current configuration.

CA
    UCLA / USC - 9 Miles apart
    Cal / Stanford - 31 Miles apart

OR
    OSU / UO - 37 Miles apart

AZ
    UA / ASU - 100 Miles apart

UT
    UU / BYU - 35 Miles apart

CO
    CU / CSU - 39 Miles apart

WA
    UW / WSU - 250 Miles apart (fucking coogs)

As for eyes, yeah, sure.

I personally don't think adding more will help the conference. P12 is already losing players to other P5 programs, and I'm not certain from a demographic standpoint, adding teams in the footprint, including UNLV, only adds competition for the prospects out west. That is, any school added from the G5 will become more of a player for talent. Recruiting battles with SDSU and UNLV with this staff, will be special.
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,050 Standard Supporter
    BYU is actually a national audience. Not every Mormon lives in Utah although it’s a lot in the western region already covered by the footprint. But they put butts in seats at home and on the road way better than a lot of teams already in the conference. Would it increase the revenue enough to make sense? I doubt it.

All that said, the university admins are never going to allow it anyways and really the conference should be figuring out how to merge with the major players left over. I wouldn’t be surprised though of they play the academic smack card though and say we’re fine how we are after they were quietly told to fuck off by the big 10.
  • 1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,544 Swaye's Wigwam
    How many players on the team right now would not be if BYU were a P5 school?

Doubt it would change much unless they won a bunch of games.
  • sinceredawgsinceredawg Member Posts: 797
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    You’re going to get a nasty gram from Kim’s attorney.
  • EmotermanEmoterman Member Posts: 3,333

The students at schools that ask them to say their preferred pronouns on the first day of class will be revolting. Also, they will be pissed at the BYU thing.
    ISWYDT
  • RatherBeBrewingRatherBeBrewing Member Posts: 1,557
    Emoterman said:

The students at schools that ask them to say their preferred pronouns on the first day of class will be revolting. Also, they will be pissed at the BYU thing.
    ISWYDT
    Stolen from Futurama. As is this gif, demonstrating what will happen if Boise State’s president tries to convince any of the UC or Stanford/USC they should be allowed to join.

I don’t think imaginary Ryan Leaf is aware of how much prestige means to the people who run these universities. The thought of a junior college like Boise being in their club is anathema to them. Even Arizona State will be showing up like this to the Zoom call.

• DoogieMcDoogersonDoogieMcDoogerson Member Posts: 2,489
    I bet he has a "foot wedge" in the bag.

• GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,163

To add, honestly from a geographic perspective, and geographic only, adding Colorado State and BYU would make the most sense. Instant rivalries, and I actually think CSU would be able to up / increase their game. As a person, and I assume a prospect, it's would be easily more attractive than WSU or OSU. They have a new stadium, pretty solid branding, and as I've pointed out before, a New Belgian Brewing bar in the north end of their stadium. My personal opinion is Ft. Collins > Boulder. Boulder in the natural beauty wins but the rest Ft. Collins gets my vote.

It does nothing to expand the Pac-12 footprint and add more eyeballs/TV revenue though. The remaining west coast markets that don't have a Pac-12 team yet are Boise (BSU), San Diego (SDSU), and Vegas (UNLV). It's embarrassing to even consider adding those programs to the conference but those metro areas will add ~6.5M more potential viewers.
    I'm not convinced this plays that big of a role these days. What proportion of college football viewers are still watching over cable? And more specifically, how many of them are watching on local cable channels that aren't available in other markets? The number of new viewers to be won over by entering into new TV markets has plummeted since the last TV deal was negotiated. And that trend isn't reversing.

I'm not convinced this plays that big of a role these days. What proportion of college football viewers are still watching over cable? And more specifically, how many of them are watching on local cable channels that aren't available in other markets? The number of new viewers to be won over by entering into new TV markets has plummeted since the last TV deal was negotiated. And that trend isn't reversing.
    I always assumed the reason they wanted larger markets was just more probable viewing audiences. Less people in the south are tuning into cal vs Asu than the people in those actual markets. When they negotiated these deals last round the games were all on national tv already.
  • TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    HuskyJW said:

Playing in Fort Collins in late November is always special

Somebody on Twitter should just flat ask him if he said it

Uh...can't you?
  • huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,358 Swaye's Wigwam

Puka Nacau. Oh wait.

• HuskyJWHuskyJW Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,358 Swaye's Wigwam
    TommySQC said:

HuskyJW said:

Playing in Fort Collins in late November is always special

Somebody on Twitter should just flat ask him if he said it

Uh...can't you?
    Not mature enough to have a Twitter account
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,024 Founders Club

Big surprise that Fleenor got his mouth away from Kim’s butthole long enough to spew out some more inaccurate info he probably got from watching ESPN.

Big insider for sure.

Nothing brings out like a Fleenor post.

Your hatred for Fleenor = my hatred for Fetters.