Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

'They aren't tiny, tiny details to us... they're the difference between winning and losing'

sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
edited March 2014 in Hardcore Husky Board
God, I love Peterman.

(Radio interview on ESPN Seattle between 1-2 pm today)

Comments

• Options
    EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,491
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    I can't even put it into words how good it feels to have a coach that actually understands what it takes to win.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    Standard Supporter
    Lossless .OGG link or it didn't happen.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Offseason Natty Three-Peat!
  • Options
    DeepPurpleDeepPurple Member Posts: 201
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment Testing 1
    I'll be curious to see how Pete plays out compared to Rick. I thought Rick had a lot of potential after the RB win, but that loss at Michigan due to too many guys on the field... and the meltdown against Texas in the Holiday Bowl really set back my view of Rick... just didn't seem to have the attention to detail that James had... and that it sounds like Pete has.
  • Options
    Founders Club

I'll be curious to see how Pete plays out compared to Rick. I thought Rick had a lot of potential after the RB win, but that loss at Michigan due to too many guys on the field... and the meltdown against Texas in the Holiday Bowl really set back my view of Rick... just didn't seem to have the attention to detail that James had... and that it sounds like Pete has.

I think Peterman is a lot closer to James than he is to Rick. Not the most charismatic, but sincere, detail oriented, and most importantly: a winner.
  • Options
    DeepPurpleDeepPurple Member Posts: 201
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment Testing 1

I think Peterman is a lot closer to James than he is to Rick. Not the most charismatic, but sincere, detail oriented, and most importantly: a winner.
    Yes indeed. As I've said before, after sitting out 3 entire coaching regimes, I'll probably get season tickets again.
  • Options
    PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

I can't even put it into words how good it feels to have a coach that actually understands what it takes to win consistently.

Fixed.

• Options
    trackertracker Member Posts: 866
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment Photogenic
    edited March 2014
    Oh, sure. .you can win a lot of games by paying attention to details but will our players still be able to, "Play Fast, Be Free?"
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment blah
    Sark paid attention to details. I mean he did bring in a tiger to prepare for LSU.

Sure the score was 41-3 but that score wasn't indicative of the game.
  • Options
    puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Fuck Rick was Bear Bryant smash mouth compared to Sark. And Ricky was a penny loafer wearing California faggot. Petersen doesn't have to do much to be the best coach UW has ever had.
  • Options
    LouieLouieLouieLouie Member Posts: 12
    First Comment 5 Up Votes Photogenic
    Dardanus said:

I always thought the keys to success were ignoring the O-Line, Special Teams, and penalties. Just focus on WRs with talent, and talk a big game in the off-season.

"We've looked into it and penalties have no effect on the chances of winning" - Steve Sarkisian
  • Options
    puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    No disrespect to Don James, but Petersen could be more productive in shorter terms, in percentages respective to win-losses, major bowls, nfl draftees etc...Pete won't be here near as long as DJ, but he can make a bigger impact in relative measure. Shit maybe we can get 15 years out of Pete. I'd love to see these two matched up after a significant period of time. But this is apples to oranges as the times are so different . Forget I brought it up, let's talk about the 2 deeps some more or how good the players hips and biceps look
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Unlike the Doogs I actually like Petersen's interviews more than Sark's. It feels more real and for the first time since Rick I actually get pumped listening to a UW coach.
  • Options

Fuck Rick was Bear Bryant smash mouth compared to Sark. And Ricky was a penny loafer wearing California faggot. Petersen doesn't have to do much to be the best coach UW has ever had.

Gil Dobie???? Don James???

It would take quite a bit to be the best coach we've ever had.

Hopefully this is your brother again as this is fucktarded even by your piss poor standards.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    I will give Slick credit in the sense that he clearly could find ways to motivate his players. I think he could win with a good staff around him. He was a good recruiter. He wasn't great at figuring out roster composition, etc. I think he also got a bit of a raw deal at UCLA because he started the turn around that Mora is riding right now. UCLA was borderline broken when Slick took on that job.

Petersen just strikes you as a guy that gets it. He gets how to win. He gets that it's important for everybody to be on the same page. He gets that the sum of the parts can be greater than the sum of the individual components. He has a track record of performance to indicate that he gets it.

Too often Sark failed in the sense that when watching his team the sum of the individuals was greater than the sum of the parts.

I know that I'm cautiously optimistic that we might see a great season this year.
  • Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Tequilla said:

Petersen just strikes you as a guy that gets it. ... He gets that the sum of the parts can be greater than the sum of the individual components....

Too often Sark failed in the sense that when watching his team the sum of the individuals was greater than the sum of the parts.

the fuck?

• Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    For the uneducated:

Petersen makes his team better

Sark makes his team worse