Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Trojanswire: Clay Helton is on the hot seat, but Washington has more pressure than USC

Comments

• whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,718 Swaye's Wigwam
    edited July 2021
    Finance bored?

Edit: their article is about UW but the only source they spoke to is a Duck? Pat Haden FS.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,613 Founders Club

Finance bored?

Edit: their article is about UW but the only source they spoke to is a Duck? Pat Haden FS.

My bad
  • NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    Who would have thought Babuska ends up being the better head coach
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,821 Founders Club

No one with any brains

So Jen Cohen when she hires him
  • whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,718 Swaye's Wigwam

No one with any brains

I doubt Jen will ever get the chance to hire a coach. She'd have to fire Jimmy first, and I don't see that happening.

Maybe if she's AD at another school, but I doubt it given she's done nothing with NIL

No one with any brains

I doubt Jen will ever get the chance to hire a coach. She'd have to fire Jimmy first, and I don't see that happening.

Maybe if she's AD at another school, but I doubt it given she's done nothing with NIL
    I'm hearing that Jimmy will fail his way to the NFL
  • BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    edited July 2021

No one with any brains

It's all about the image.

@Dennis_DeYoung aka @Crow_T_Robot: "It's sales"

Our head coach is 4-1. Talent developer. NFL draft producer. Impresario. Offices in the middle of High Tech country.

Babuschka lost to us in 2000. Desperately needs an eyebrow waxing and offices in Corvallis. Hi @trublue! Awful things happen in Corvallis, yet Babuschka and Oregon State come off as the cool kid and our guy looks like CompuServe, circa late '93
  • GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,163
    They're not wrong, but fucking christ they could have PM'd any schlubb on this board and they could've given a more insightful take than that.

This is a bad article even by the standards of bad articles that get posted here by dear leader.
    Baseman said:

No one with any brains

Our head coach is 4-1. Talent developer. NFL draft producer. Impresario. Offices in the middle of High Tech country.

Babuschka lost to us in 2000. Desperately needs an eyebrow waxing and offices in Corvallis. Hi @trublue! Awful things happen in Corvallis, yet Babuschka and Oregon State come off as the cool kid and our guy looks like CompuServe, circa late '93
    Disagree
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    AEB said:

To have pressure would imply some leader somewhere actually wants to win. Washington coaches have no pressure. 7-6 for perpetuity

Yeah, I don’t know where the pressure is coming from. 9-4 will be just fine to most people and most importantly, the UW AD.

Baseman said:

No one with any brains

Disagree
    You approve of the Sco/War Eagle branding?
    Baseman said:

Baseman said:

No one with any brains

Disagree
    Where have I ever indicated that?

Baseman said:

Baseman said:

No one with any brains

Disagree
    Where have I ever indicated that?

It was a question.

You disagreed. With what? OSU doesn't make Babuschka's program look>Jimmy's?

I mean, the record is what it is, but the kids aren't connecting the dots.
    Smith sucks. Period

UW marketing sucks. Period

I've been quite clear on both

The booving for Smith here is embarrassing

Smith sucks. Period

The Iron Law that everyone sucks until they doesn't is the most truthful thing in football

The last person to not suck in the Pac-12 was Carroll

Smith sucks. Period

Smith beat Cristobal more times than Petersen.
    That's how Rick got hired

Scoreboard baby
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,052 Standard Supporter
    AEB said:

To have pressure would imply some leader somewhere actually wants to win. Washington coaches have no pressure. 7-6 for perpetuity

This. There hasn’t been pressure for the head coach at uw since hedges left as crappy of an AD as she was.