Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Damon Huard out

2»

Comments

• dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

dnc said:

Baseman said:

I was disappointed they replaced Chuck Nelson, but Damon grew on me.

I'm in minority, but I'll miss Hugh on the Honks, too. He always had standards above where the program has lingered for the past twenty years. He had a few bad takes but was mostly spot on in his analysis.

I like Baird but you'll never hear him critique the program publicly, nor will Greg Lewis. Hugh isn't --and never was -- a Doog. He and Baird had some great back and forths. I enjoyed those two enough to stomach Softy as the third wheel.

Softy, Coach, and Lewis together will be a Doog's delight. Sunshine, reach arounds, and props for Jen. Can't fucking wait.
    If I still listened to The Honks, I would miss Hugh also. I think he is underrated among the posters here
    I loved Hugh during the Ty wars. He's a QB ass kisser and loves trying to sound smart though.

He's more good than bad but I understand why he rubs people the wrong way.
    I just thought of the three year stat Hugh brought up

Ty had already lost so many games that no coach had ever got over .500

Or something
    IICR, he brought out his Excel nerd machine and ran through all of those coaches and only came up with goiter face Beamer as an example of a guy who turned it around after three years
    That's doog legend goiter face Beamer to you buddy!
  • huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,354 Swaye's Wigwam

Agreed on the play by play broadcast. Huard was awful.

Not for the honks. I am in the minority o. This site probably but I would prefer Hugh over Greg Lewis. He is actually employed by the school and will not critique a damn thing.
    Is he? He was working at the Meredith Mathews YMCA about a year before the panic.
  • NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    Incoming Portal