Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Jake Locker to be inducted into the Husky Hall of Fame

Comments

• RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123

dnc said:

FireCohen said:

Should have been a safety

Who do you suggest we should have played at QB?
    I can’t have this argument. He was picked 8th in the NFL draft to play QB.
    I think Jake was a great guy and a wonderful person. But this isn't the Great Guys Hall of Fame.

7,639 yards and 53 td passes/ 35 INTs over 4 years.

W-L Records during UW career:
    2007: 4-9
    2008: 0-12
    2009: 5-7
    2010: 7-6

Highlights:
    Beat #3 USC in 2009
    Beat USC on the road in 2010
    Beat Nebraska in 2010 Holiday Bowl

As I wrote about in Bow Down to Willingham, when 30+ UW players came to Jake and asked him to join them in going to Emmert to demand Willingham's firing, Jake said no.

Does all this say Husky Hall of Fame to you?
    He sucked, but he was at the right position. I’ve always said it’s insane to pick a QB that had four games with under 100 yards passing his senior year.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,485 Standard Supporter
    I give zero Fs about this HOF thing. REAL Jake is my guy and any discussion of his very real faults hurts my heart.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,372 Founders Club

dnc said:

FireCohen said:

I think Jake was a great guy and a wonderful person. But this isn't the Great Guys Hall of Fame.

Highlights:
    Beat #3 USC in 2009

As I wrote about in Bow Down to Willingham, when 30+ UW players came to Jake and asked him to join them in going to Emmert to demand Willingham's firing, Jake said no.

He sucked, but he was at the right position. I’ve always said it’s insane to pick a QB that had four games with under 100 yards passing his senior year.
    This should be your speech at the podium as you introduce Jake to the banquet crowd
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,925 Swaye's Wigwam

dnc said:

FireCohen said:

Highlights:
    Beat #3 USC in 2009

No. Just a pretty good Husky with some kick ass highlight clips.

He was far from good in the Holiday bowl. The defense won that game, and the running game (Polk) moved the ball enough to kill time and keep them fresh.

My primary memory of the second upset of SC is of him trying to carry a USC db the last five yards into the end zone, but coughing it up through the end zone instead, resulting in a change of possession and touch back.
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,042 Standard Supporter
    He was talented. But not good and horribly misused. No idea why he is in the hall of fame. The fanbase obsession with him was very odd too for someone that was not good.
  • HairyBallsDawgHairyBallsDawg Member Posts: 1,030
    edited July 2021

dnc said:

FireCohen said:

Highlights:
    Beat #3 USC in 2009

You can hardly blame (or credit) a win loss record on a QB without discussing the supporting cast and coaches.

I'd love to see how Jake would have done under Petersen.

As to whether or not Jake went along with those other 30 players -- maybe he had reasons not related to the "white guilt" narrative that your book spends meaningful time pushing.

This doesn't mean I think he belongs in the hall of fame... but he was one of the rare bright points during the Ty and Sark eras.

Dennis Erickson said Locker was the single player he most feared playing against in the Pac.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,477 Founders Club
    Jake Locker won championships at every level
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,372 Founders Club

I give zero Fs about this HOF thing. REAL Jake is my guy and any discussion of his very real faults hurts my heart.

Is this a @PurpleJ quote?

dnc said:

FireCohen said:

Highlights:
    Beat #3 USC in 2009

You can hardly blame (or credit) a win loss record on a QB without discussing the supporting cast and coaches.

As to whether or not Jake went along with those other 30 players -- maybe he had reasons not related to the "white guilt" narrative that your book spends meaningful time pushing.

This doesn't mean I think he belongs in the hall of fame... but he was one of the rare bright points during the Ty and Sark eras.

Dennis Erickson said Locker was the single player he most feared playing against in the Pac.

"He sucked, but he was at the right position. I’ve always said it’s insane to pick a QB that had four games with under 100 yards passing his senior year. But he was one of the rare bright points during the Ty and Sark eras. Ladies and gentlemen, please welcome the newest member of the Husky Hall of Fame... Jake Locker!"
  • HairyBallsDawgHairyBallsDawg Member Posts: 1,030

dnc said:

FireCohen said:

Highlights:
    Beat #3 USC in 2009

"But he was one of the rare bright points during the Ty and Sark eras."
    It's almost like you have no clue about what the qualifications are to being appointed to the HHOF. Maybe you should write a book about the vastness of your ignorance on the topic.

"Since its inception in 1979, the University of Washington Husky Hall of Fame has welcomed 203 members to its prestigious ranks. Hall of Fame members exhibit skill in their sports, success in academics and the highest character and qualities that represent the very best of what it means to be a Husky."

https://www.uwtyeeclub.com/big-w-club/the-husky-hall-of-fame/

dnc said:

FireCohen said:

Highlights:
    Beat #3 USC in 2009

"But he was one of the rare bright points during the Ty and Sark eras."
    It's almost like you have no clue about what the qualifications are to being appointed to the HHOF. Maybe you should write a book about the vastness of your ignorance on the topic.

"Since its inception in 1979, the University of Washington Husky Hall of Fame has welcomed 203 members to its prestigious ranks. Hall of Fame members exhibit skill in their sports, success in academics and the highest character and qualities that represent the very best of what it means to be a Husky."

https://www.uwtyeeclub.com/big-w-club/the-husky-hall-of-fame/

Paul Homer showed outstanding skill as a fullback, carried good grades and was a great guy. Let's elect him into the Hall of Fame also. Ben Ossai was a good blocker, got good grades and was a great guy. Let's elect him into the Hall of Fame too. Etc...

• thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 5,985
    Wait Jake Locker is in the Husky HoF?

• UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 15,395 Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

I love Jack Lockner.

He was clearly at the right position.

He doesn't belong in the UW HOF

The end.

He's my quarterback.

But this is the right take.

Also, Isaiah Stanback has more super bowl rings.
  • 1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,523 Swaye's Wigwam
    This week I found out there's a Husky Hall of Fame. IDGAF who's in it.