Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,041 Founders Club
  • CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,421 Swaye's Wigwam
    I always thought Hunter was a bit overhyped
  • TheRoarOfTheCrowdTheRoarOfTheCrowd Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,698 Founders Club
    edited July 2021
    Canadawg said:

I always thought Hunter was a bit overhyped

The idea was that he was to fast for linebackers and too powerful for DB's in college ~ neither of which is true in the pro game, and was mostly not true as a college receiver either, so no real surprise that he is on the outside looking in in the pros.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    Hunter is a good example of the following:

1) Why allowing college players to capitalize on NIL while in college is good ... some players this is really the pinnacle of their earning power

2) Injuries happen and you never know when your career arc can change at a moment

3) While the NIL is good for college players, still the most valuable thing that a college player has access to in college is the access to obtaining a degree ... having the ability to have a career after football is a decent Plan B
  • DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,549 Founders Club
    Made a hell of a catch in the Rose Bowl. That's all I remember.
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,041 Founders Club
    Doogles said:

Made a hell of a catch in the Rose Bowl. That's all I remember.

Also had a great TD catch against Cal but most of us remember Browning’s noodle arm pass into traffic that forced Bryant to make a great catch.
  • animateanimate Member Posts: 4,236
    He could have been a better college/ NFL player ... to me he really exacerbated his injuries by trying to be a man and run off the field.

Sometimes you can make an elastic band work longer ... but if it snaps you're fucked.