Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

NW Championship Fupdate

YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 35,097 Founders Club

Comments

• YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 35,097 Founders Club
    ntxduck said:

Ngl the shirt does slap tho

I’m in the pic somewhere

ntxduck said:

I’m in the pic somewhere
    As tall as you are I’m surprised your head isn’t blocking the scoreboard.
    I think I was still storming the field somewhere behind the players.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

ntxduck said:

I’m in the pic somewhere
    Which Dwag legend yella pissed on the O?
    dnc said:

ntxduck said:

I’m in the pic somewhere
    Which Dwag legend yella pissed on the O?
    I don't recall.
  • 1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,546 Swaye's Wigwam

ntxduck said:

I’m in the pic somewhere
    You are the Brute Squad.

ntxduck said:

I’m in the pic somewhere
    You are the Brute Squad.

• trubluetrublue Member Posts: 3,042
    ntxduck said:

This was a defining moment in the history of Husky football. This showed the game was finally a rivalry for BOTH teams and was also a Classic Neuheisel moment.

Although Don James’ teams occasionally lost to Oregon, there was no big celebration by the Huskies team after disposing of Oregon at Autzen Stadium. They would simply walk off the field.

On the rare occasions they lost, the Husky players were flat out pissed off (at themselves) because winning was expected and the norm at the time.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,821 Founders Club
    trublue said:

ntxduck said:

This was a defining moment in the history of Husky football. This showed the game was finally a rivalry for BOTH teams and was also a Classic Neuheisel moment.

Although Don James’ teams occasionally lost to Oregon, there was no big celebration by the Huskies team after disposing of Oregon at Autzen Stadium. They would simply walk off the field.

On the rare occasions they lost, the Husky players were flat out pissed off (at themselves) because winning was expected and the norm at the time.
    I had the misfortune of attending the 88 game i think, at Autzen where Oregon broke a long losing string at home against UW

Oregon fans were quite boisterous shall we say
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    trublue said:

ntxduck said:

Lambright destroyed the program.

@puppylove_sugarsteel!!! True???

edited July 2021

trublue said:

ntxduck said:

I had the misfortune of attending the 88 game i think, at Autzen where Oregon broke a long losing string at home against UW

Terry Obee running the reverse for the TD.

Ducks beat them in Eugene in ‘87 too.

The Huskies paid them with back by winning the next five in a row, four of them in Seattle.

The Husky D beat the crap out of Musgrave at Seattle in 1990.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,821 Founders Club
    I must have been there in 87 then.
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,950 Swaye's Wigwam
    trublue said:

trublue said:

ntxduck said:

The Huskies paid them with back by winning the next five in a row, four of them in Seattle.

First game I ever attended. I'm from SW Washington so the news I watched and read all had an Oregon slant. Terry Fry wrote some sniveling article that week about UW basically being a hig mean bully. Between that and the game I also started to actually dislike the ducks at this time,, whereas I had previously pulled for them to at least be a good team.

It's not hard to see how I became part of doog nation. I saw a bunch of home games featuring two of the best UW teams ever.
  • EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 4,170
    ntxduck said:

Race actually WAS there.
    chuck said:

trublue said:

trublue said:

ntxduck said:

First game I ever attended. I'm from SW Washington so the news I watched and read all had an Oregon slant. Terry Fry wrote some sniveling article that week about UW basically being a hig mean bully. Between that and the game I also started to actually dislike the ducks at this time,, whereas I had previously pulled for them to at least be a good team.

It's not hard to see how I became part of doog nation. I saw a bunch of home games featuring two of the best UW teams ever.
    You'll have to excuse The Oregonian's columnist at the time, Terry Frei.

His father was the head coach at Oregon in the late 60's-early 70's, I believe.
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,594 Founders Club
    I remember losing to Oregon back to back when I was a little kid. It made me wonder why Don James was so great. He was going like 6-4-1 those years.
  • LebamDawgLebamDawg Member Posts: 8,671 Standard Supporter

Should be 17-2. Fuck you burned out Pete.
    if that had gone back to 1994 when football first was played in Oregon - our butts wold be hurting. I might check it out but then I would have to do some work...