Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

New York Knicks

What a fucking disaster of an organization. The players have quit on Woodson, they fired the gm for no reason after a 54 win season. James Dolan might be worse than Lincoln and Armstrong.
Who the fuck decided to hold on to Carmelo at the deadline cause 100% chance he walks, what an atrocity yet they still make headlines every day

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment blah
    James Dolan really is in over his head and has ran that franchise straight into the ground. I wonder if Jimmy Buss will suffer the same fate in LA.

Also to all these teams who covet Melo I get it but guy isn't a winner. He's a stats guy and not a team guy.
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,468
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

James Dolan really is in over his head and has ran that franchise straight into the ground. I wonder if Jimmy Buss will suffer the same fate in LA.

Also to all these teams who covet Melo I get it but guy isn't a winner. He's a stats guy and not a team guy.

He's a chunky Iverson. Gonna get his, gonna win some games, but never going to make his teammates better and thus never win a championship.

It's been broken down to a science. Winning basketball equals layups and threes. There is no point to do anything else. Guys like Melo surviving on 19 footers will be extinct in ten years.
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited March 2014
    I'm not as down on melo as you guys are, I just don't think he's ever had a legit superstar to play alongside, and no a broken down amare doesn't count. I will admit however if he ever did get a superstar to play alongside I would question how it would go chemistry wise and how they would play alongside each other. This disaster though is not on him, like all the other disaster organizations it's about the top. Jim buss, Howard Lincoln, James Dolan, jerry jones, etc
  • Options
    dhdawg said:

I'm not as down on melo as you guys are, I just don't think he's ever had a legit superstar to play alongside, and no a broken down amare doesn't count. I will admit however if he ever did get a superstar to play alongside I would question how it would go chemistry wise and how they would play alongside each other. This disaster though is not on him, like all the other disaster organizations it's about the top. Jim buss, Howard Lincoln, James Dolan, jerry jones, etc

Poor Daniel Snyder such a disaster he's often forgotten. At least Jones had a day, Snyder been over his head since day one.
  • Options
    Yes Snyder is there too, Moreno for the angels owner is also an idiot, there's a ton of them I didn't name, Howard Schulz when he owned the sonics, al Davis etc
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dhdawg said:

I'll give you that Melo hasn't really had that top guy by his side, his pippen, his wade, etc.

But for someone who came into the league a 1 and done title winner, a guy who thinks and gets paid like he is in the small modern elite (lebron, durant), he hasn't even come close to reaching the pinnacle. Even Iverson and Lebron made a title game with shit for help.

Dude needs to step up and prove it, he's not getting any younger, in fact at this rate he's more likely to be someone else's #2 and not the main event if he ever sniffs a title.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited March 2014
    Agree with the sentiments on Melo. He's great on the Olympic team when he can jack threes and crash the boards. He's one of the best offensive rebounders in the league and he's a load down low.

On the Knicks he kills the movement of the offense by getting the ball with 15 on the shot clock and holding the ball for 5-10 seconds before shooting a contested 18 footer. The only way he will win a championship is late in his career if he joins an already stacked team as a hired mercenary.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    At this point the only fit for melo is Chicago. Join a defensive first team who will play into his skillet in a half court offense. And I think he could do some good things with Noah. THe X factor is rode's health cause if he's healthy the heat and pacers need to watch out
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I fear Rose might be the next Penny Hardaway.

BUT a healthy Rose, Melo, and Noah is a pretty nice base to build a team around. All there games compliment each other, there's toughness, explosiveness, and pure scoring.

Thibbs seems to be Popovich Jr. like in maximizing his talent and fielding a competitive no excuses type squad. If he could have a healthy core of all stars, it could be interesting, or not.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    1) Melo is probably a guy that can win a title if he's not dominating the ball and can be set up for shots (it's how he excels on the National Team) ... he's not a creator as much as some want him to be.

2) I love looking at Twitter and watching Stephen A Smith's head explode everytime he watches a Knicks game

3) The people in New York deserve to watch good basketball at the Mecca of Hoops ... how you can't put a good product on the court in New York is beyond Armstrong/LincolnFS
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited March 2014
    I actually am intrigued by the Melo to Chicago rumor that came out today. For one, he would have to split the shots with another chucker in Derrick Rose (if he's ever healthy). Chicago plays such good defense under Thibodeau that they could be a team that can live with Carmello playing his style of game and still win ugly in the playoffs.

C- Noah
    PF- Gibson (I'm assuming Boozer would have to go for Melo to come)
    SF- Melo
    SG- Butler
    PG- Rose

Bench- Dunleavy, Hinrich, maybe Jimmer, and a veteran big. They also have a dude from Spain that they drafted 3 years ago who is going to be good.

That's a dangerous team.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    That's a dang good team. Gives the East three legitimate contenders (assuming James stays with Race's Heat).
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Reaching out to Phil Jackson to try and get him to coach.

Phil will probably hit some peyote, laugh, then tell the Knicks to DIAFF.
  • Options
    If I'm melo and watching that game I'm signing with the bulls first thing this offseason. They are one scorer away cause they can flat out defend and thibadeau can flat out coach. To win a championship they probably need rose marginally healthy
  • Options
    dhdawg said:

If I'm melo and watching that game I'm signing with the bulls first thing this offseason. They are one scorer away cause they can flat out defend and thibadeau can flat out coach. To win a championship they probably need rose marginally healthy

Can Melo play for a winner? Is Melo capable of playing in a team first system where he can't gun for stats?

I truly don't know if he can. I would like to see that as a fan of the NBA.
  • Options
    If melo can't succeed in Chicago he will never succeed anywhere. As a basketball fan I too want to see it happen, the east needs a third good team
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited March 2014
    I think the Bulls are the rare team that Melo could win and win big with. Nobody really needs the ball except for Rose. The rest of the players are tough, defensive minded guys. The Bulls can still win with Melo going 8-22. The Knicks and their porous defense need Melo to go off every game in order to have a chance.

Even without Melo, if Rose can never get it back, they won't ever get past the second round. Rose is another guy who I thought was slightly overrated, even when he was healthy.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    As soon as Melo realizes that he's most efficient playing off the ball, his success will go way up.