Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Laga didn't buy in

RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
Swaye's Wigwam
Kim was right. Petersen is running guys off. Kendyl Taylor is listed at WR.

Comments

• Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Only reason Hudson and Campbell stayed is because they aren't edgy.
  • Options
    AEBAEB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,960
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Atoe 6'7 375

Having visions of JWF, Casey Bulyca, et. al.
  • Options
    EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,491
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    I'm glad to see both Hudson and Campbell back. We need the WR depth, and running off a decently productive DL is KGFS. Not surprised to see Laga gone. That guy never did anything except get hurt and apparently eat a lot.
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,476
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Andrew Hudson always passed the eye test. Really excited to see what he can do with his final year.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I thought Andrew Hudson was one of the better players on defense in 2012. Kikaha is much better, but it was weird that he wasn't even in the rotation last year.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,603
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Wasn't Lagafuiananana like 5'9 390lbs?

WDWHA
  • Options
    TailgaterTailgater Member Posts: 1,389
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Don't know about Hudson, but I think Campbell who has his degree had been announced as a GA sometime after the end of last season. Looks like Petersen preferred DiAndre try to contribute as a WR for one more year. After having what I thought was a good year as a possession type receiver in 2012 lining up in the slot and making tough catches more over the middle, Campbell disappeared in 2013 while Sark gave PT to Kevin Smith and the younger new kids: Mickens, Ross, and String. Don't know if he was injured or simply out-of-favor, but I expected to see more of Campbell last season.

Sure, Andrew Hudson got beat out by a healthy Kikaha (formerly Jamora)..... who wouldn't have? But given Hudson's experience and skills, why didn't he play more at the other DE or DT? Obviously, the switch of Evan Hudson from TE to DT and how surprisingly well Evan performed on defense along with the takeover of the rush DE/OLB position by Littleton might of had something to do with keeping Andrew Hudson on the sideline. However for my money, he would have been a better backup at the rush DE than the nearly worthless run-around Flash Shirley.

I'm excited to see Campbell and Andrew Hudson returning to the program, not that I know we'll see them perform heroically on the field this Spring or in the coming season, but because it indicates at least to me that the new coaching staff has looked at everybody on the roster and must at least have an idea of how these two experienced seniors can still contribute. This I think is the kind of program building detail we must hope for from Petersen...... don't throw anybody away.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment blah
    AEB said:

Atoe 6'7 375

Top 5 pick!!!

Good gawd close the fucking gates on Atoe already.
  • Options
    chrisvashonchrisvashon Member Posts: 627
    First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    edited March 2014
    So what's the deal with Hudson? He hated Sark and wanted off the team, but is giving football a 2nd chance because of Pete?

Sark ran him but Pete thinks he can play? I'll trust Pete's player eval over Sark any day of the week, but it's still weird Sark would run a guy in his program who Pete thinks can still contribute.
  • Options
    puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

Hudson and Campbell are back on the roster. Petersen is out here unsuddenly senioring guys.

AEB said:

Atoe 6'7 375

Top 5 pick!!!

Just shut the fuck up fruitcake:)
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,603
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Hudson and Campbell are back on the roster. Petersen is out here unsuddenly senioring guys.

AEB said:

Atoe 6'7 375

Top 5 pick!!!

Just shut the fuck up fruitcake:)
    The emoticons are unbecoming of you
  • Options
    topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper

So what's the deal with Hudson? He hated Sark and wanted off the team, but is giving football a 2nd chance because of Pete?

Sark ran him but Pete thinks he can play? I'll trust Pete's player eval over Sark any day of the week, but it's still weird Sark would run a guy in his program who Pete thinks can still contribute.

Wasn't his program at the point the decision was made ...

hth
  • Options
    The_UndertakerThe_Undertaker Member Posts: 520
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    I think the GA was DeAndre Goodwin, not Campbell.