Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Scouts take on ASJ

dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
edited March 2014 in Hardcore Husky Board
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000330142/article/johnny-manziel-tops-russell-wilson-as-passer-scout-says
» On Washington TE Austin Seferian-Jenkins: "I think he's a pretender. Not really a football player. The hype is big, but he don't want to block, and he is kind of half-(expletive) in everything he does. Inconsistent and unreliable."
pretty much everything in that quote screams bad coaching

Comments

• DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,564 Founders Club
    Something tells me that scout has drafted way more busts than not.
  • TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    Softy asked if anyone thought the Seahawks should take him at 32. Predictably, doogs lathered up at the thought. Twas fun to tell them he was a lazy piece of shit
  • sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    10010110 said:

I clicked on the story link. Then clicked to watch the video report on ASJ. Fuck if I didn't have to watch a 15 second advertisement about makeup. Those god damn Google Statisticians.

The difference between this site and your site, Kim, is that this national news story isn't ignored as if it never happened.

• DeepPurpleDeepPurple Member Posts: 201
    Why was 10020110's post deleted?

The censorship around here is approaching Kim levels
  • DeepPurpleDeepPurple Member Posts: 201

10010110 said:

I clicked on the story link. Then clicked to watch the video report on ASJ. Fuck if I didn't have to watch a 15 second advertisement about makeup. Those god damn Google Statisticians.

The difference between this site and your site, Kim, is that this national news story isn't ignored as if it never happened.

Umm... Why would you think that a guy running a crappy website (kim) would come here to pop off about the Internet ad model? His site is worse than this one in that regard. Funny how some of you want to setup the same ad model here that scout uses..
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680

Why was 10010110 deleted?

The censorship around here is approaching Kim levels

Fixed.
  • TailgaterTailgater Member Posts: 1,389
    ASJ's football soul is troubled..... that's all.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    He needed to go to the NFL to take care of his family. He accomplished everything there is to accomplish in college. His stock won't get any higher. He's well spoken
    edited March 2014
    imagine Caesar Rayford's work ethic with ASJ's talent.
  • LouieLouieLouieLouie Member Posts: 12
    If I was the Hawks I wouldn't take him till the 2nd round at the earliest, but I'd definitely consider it. It would free up cash as they could dump Miller, and he fills that hole at TE as well as the big redzone target Pete loves. However you feel about him and his career at UW, you can't deny ASJ has all the talent in the world. Get him back down to a playable weight for a receiving TE (not 2fucking80lbs), surround him with a real head coach/solid locker room, and you'll see results. Send him to Miami with that shit show of a program and he'll flame out faster than Cyler Miles on Greek Row.
    Pete doesn't like lazy players who won't compete.

Hth
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123

If I was the Hawks I wouldn't take him till the 2nd round at the earliest, but I'd definitely consider it. It would free up cash as they could dump Miller, and he fills that hole at TE as well as the big redzone target Pete loves. However you feel about him and his career at UW, you can't deny ASJ has all the talent in the world. Get him back down to a playable weight for a receiving TE (not 2fucking80lbs), surround him with a real head coach/solid locker room, and you'll see results. Send him to Miami with that shit show of a program and he'll flame out faster than Cyler Miles on Greek Row.

I would rather take Lyerla in the 5th or 6th than ASJ in the second.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,661

I agree with this. Lyerla could be a great value, or he could be nothing. ASJ will at least be mediocre, but it's TUFF to say if he has it in him to harness his physical tools and be great. Lyerla has what it takes to be great. He also has what it takes to be Len Bias.

Either way it will be interesting.
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,815 Swaye's Wigwam

Coke makes you more productive than booze and fast food.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,661

I can't believe it until CollegeDoog confirms it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    dnc said:

I can't believe it until CollegeDoog confirms it.

CollegeDoog is the only person who has life dialed in more than Phil Bleenor.
  • The_UndertakerThe_Undertaker Member Posts: 521
    Shocker:
    An AFC personnel executive told NJ.com that he doesn't "want any part of" Washington TE Austin Seferian-Jenkins.

The decision maker, who earlier in the story said UNC's Eric Ebron was "completely overrated" and "a pain in the (butt)," shredded ASJ as well. "He’s more overrated and a bigger pain in the (butt) than the other guy," the personnel man said. "And he blocks like a wide receiver. I don’t want any part of him." An NFC scout quoted in the story said Seferian-Jenkins was "not a first-round pick" but accepted the usage of a second- or third-round pick as "not bad." The AFC personnel executive added that he believed ASJ was "lazy."
    Its looking more and more like the scouts are seeing through his BS.